PDA

View Full Version : Using an Health Savings Account for Med Kit

Pyzik
27 November 2016, 20:20
Just found out through a discussion on med kits that you can purchase them with HSA accounts.

Just thought I would give the heads up to anyone who didn't know this, like me. I'll be ordering one for me and the wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Former11B
28 November 2016, 05:23
Is there certain regulation/line/code that specifically allows this? I'd hate to see that $600 trauma kit get kicked backed and have to pay some sort of fine or whatever associated with an unsubstantiated purchase.

Thompson
28 November 2016, 08:30
Interesting. By that logic, I wonder if you could use a HSA to pay for medical classes/training

Pyzik
28 November 2016, 08:35
Is there certain regulation/line/code that specifically allows this? I'd hate to see that $600 trauma kit get kicked backed and have to pay some sort of fine or whatever associated with an unsubstantiated purchase.

I called our provider and everything seems like a go as long as there are no medications (even OTC) within the pack or it will get kicked back.

Been doing some more reading and several guys have done this successfully, some numerous times.

I stumbled on fsastore.com and it lists several med kits as well. Everything on this site is supposed to be pre-FSA approved. As long as something is selected that's at least similar would work.

Pyzik
28 November 2016, 08:36
Interesting. By that logic, I wonder if you could use a HSA to pay for medical classes/training

Now that I would suspect, no.