PDA

View Full Version : Griffin MK1 Signature AR15

John Hwang
2 December 2016, 14:56
Griffin Armaments’ MK1 rifle line which has been in development the past couple of years is complete. The MK1 series is a direct impingement line of signature rifles.

“Like most serious end users, we’ve been using and building AR’s as a hobby for the past 20 years. We wanted to ensure our rifles were a turn-key fully featured firearm, meaning the end user doesn’t have to buy 4 or more different parts and own the rifle in a semi-complete state for months before it feels mission ready. We’re proud of designing and integrating into these guns, a complete package of upgrade features.” -Austin, Lead engineer and primary owner of Griffin stated. He continued, “From a business perspective, we are also aware that the current AR market is extremely competitive, which is why we wanted to offer an unbeatable combination of quality, performance, and features at a great price. Offering value is something that Griffin customers have come to expect from us, and we are happy to deliver it in this signature line of AR’s.”

Many components of the Griffin rifle represent individual, often lengthy, design and engineering projects. Thousands of design and developmental hours were spent to ensure a proper ratio of performance and features versus cost.

In closing, Austin stated,

“ We formerly developed a fully featured rifle for another respected industry company, so our performance expectations were abnormally high at the beginning of this project. The MK1 project developed a rifle system that resulted in a few meaningful patents, and a firearm that several of our employees wanted to own, which is typically a good indicator of success. When you put a product in a person’s hand and they feel an immediate desire to own it, that’s the hallmark of a successful project.”

Griffin’s MK1 line includes 4 models and for a limited time is offering an introductory 10% off promotion. Customers can option their preferred furniture color and silencer mount model.

• PSD 9.5” Pistol length gas 300blk & 223W $1895 msrp (NFA firearm)
• CQB 11.5” Carbine length gas 223W $1895 msrp (NFA firearm)
• PATROL 14.5” Mid length gas pinned 223W $1795 msrp
• RECCE 16” Mid length gas 223W $1795 msrp

Features:
• Griffin 416R SS HEDP™ Barrels
• Griffin Enhanced BCG
• Griffin Forged Upper And Lower Type 3 hardcoat anodized
• Griffin Ambidextrous Selectors
• Griffin A3 Grip and enhanced trigger guard
• Griffin SN-ACH™ (Suppressor Normalized Ambi Charging Handle)
• Griffin Contour Connect QD End plate
• Griffin Maritime Receiver Extension™
• Griffin AR-SOB (Suppressor Optimized Buffer)
• Griffin ECS™ Extreme Condition Stock
• Griffin RailShield™ 4 piece panel set
• Griffin Low Pro RIGID™ rail system
• Griffin Micro Modular Sights™
• Griffin Primo Gas Block (pinned)
• Griffin Silencer Mount Muzzle Device
• Griffin Dimpled Takedown Pins

Now available direct from www.GriffinArmament.com

VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCxdYTrNP0o

alamo5000
2 December 2016, 15:52
Damn that looks good.

alamo5000
2 December 2016, 15:57
Griffin needs to get with CMT. Match made in heaven. A billet Griffin logo'ed CMT billet upper and lower combo? Just wow.

alamo5000
2 December 2016, 16:14
Mr. Hwang,

If you're not already doing business directly with GA I would ask that you start :) They are definitely on the ball and are making some great stuff happen. And when good people get together nothing but synergy happens.

It's not that common to get groups of people together that all have their crap together and are all true professionals.

Sincerely,

Alamo5000

VIPER 237
2 December 2016, 18:00
Haha yet more money going to go to Griffin.

fledge
2 December 2016, 18:53
Seems like more parts companies are finishing their own rifles now.

Alamo, you can get a CMT set and put it together just like the pic. I love my CMT/Griffin upper.

alamo5000
3 December 2016, 05:02
Seems like more parts companies are finishing their own rifles now.

Alamo, you can get a CMT set and put it together just like the pic. I love my CMT/Griffin upper.

I was thinking more like have a run of engraved Griffin upper/lower billet sets that match their rails. Sort of like the Rainier Ultra Match sets. Of course make it all match and stuff but that would be awesome.

So far the only thing ever from GA that I am not thrilled with is the using of shims for timing their barrel nut for their rails. I am sure it works just fine function wise and once you get it on there it will be fine... but still don't know about that idea. Even then I still might try it out and see. I definitely want to try CMT's new rails too.

Design wise I am partial to SLR just because of the simplicity of their nut and the new attachment style they have. Their barrel nuts don't require shims or even special tools. It has some flats on the nut so even a big enough crescent wrench and you're GTG.

As for now I have a few companies that I am loyal to. Seriously, how many AR's can I buy though? Oh wait... never mind[BD] Scratch that last question. LOL[:D]

Here is my list of folks that have done me right... I could spend a fortune on their stuff....

Rainier
CMT
CMC
Griffin
Aimpoint
SLR

I don't have enough money to try anyone else's stuff out yet although I'm willing to give em a chance [BD]

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
6 December 2016, 10:11
Griffin Armaments’ MK1 rifle line which has been in development the past couple of years is complete. The MK1 series is a direct impingement line of signature rifles.

Like most serious end users, we’ve been using and building AR’s as a hobby for the past 20 years. We wanted to ensure our rifles were a turn-key fully featured firearm, meaning
the end user doesn’t have to buy 4 or more different parts and own the rifle in a semi-complete state for months before it feels mission ready. We’re proud of designing and
integrating into these guns, a complete package of upgrade features.

Many components of the Griffin rifle represent individual, often lengthy, design and engineering projects. Thousands of design and developmental hours were spent to ensure a
proper ratio of performance and features versus cost.

We formerly developed a fully featured rifle for another respected industry company, so our performance expectations were abnormally high at the beginning of this project. The
MK1 project developed a rifle system that resulted in a few meaningful patents, and a firearm that several of our employees wanted to own, which is typically a good indicator of
success. When you put a product in a person’s hand and they feel an immediate desire to own it, that’s the hallmark of a successful project in my opinion.

-Austin , Owner Griffin Armament

Griffin’s MK1 line includes 4 models and for a limited time is offering an introductory 10% off promotion. Customers can option their preferred furniture color and silencer mount model. email Firearms@GriffinArmament.com for purchasing

PSD 9.5” Pistol length gas 300blk & 223W $1895 msrp (NFA firearm)

CQB 11.5” Carbine length gas 223W $1895 msrp (NFA firearm)

PATROL 14.5” Mid length gas pinned 223W $1795 msrp

RECCE 16” Mid length gas 223W $1795 msrp

Features:

Griffin 416R SS HEDP™ Barrels
Griffin Enhanced BCG
Griffin Forged Upper And Lower Type 3 hardcoat anodized
Griffin Ambidextrous Selectors
Griffin A3 Grip and enhanced trigger guard
Griffin SN-ACH™ (Suppressor Normalized Ambi Charging Handle)
Griffin Contour Connect QD End plate
Griffin Maritime Receiver Extension™
Griffin AR-SOB (Suppressor Optimized Buffer)
Griffin ECS™ Extreme Condition Stock
Griffin RailShield™ 4 piece panel set
Griffin Low Pro RIGID™ rail system
Griffin Micro Modular Sights™
Griffin Primo Gas Block (pinned)
Griffin Silencer Mount Muzzle Device
Griffin Dimpled Takedown Pins

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hpllc/MK1/PSD2.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hpllc/MK1/mk1features.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCxdYTrNP0o

Das Jared
6 December 2016, 12:30
Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Uffdaphil
6 December 2016, 13:06
Kinda popped the eyeballs when I saw the three 5" models in the initial post.

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
7 December 2016, 09:28
Kinda popped the eyeballs when I saw the three 5" models in the initial post.

Yes thats a typo,

9.5"

11.5"

14.5" pinned

and 16" are the offered ones