PDA

View Full Version : Fortis LA™ Stock

GOST
5 December 2016, 16:39
Description:

When designing our newest line to our Fortis family of products, we spent a lot of time thinking about the over all design and function of our buttstock. Lightweight? Of course, we helped start the change in the industry with our lightweight designs - but we also like our products to be robust and withstand the abuse we throw at it. Form as well as function each and every product we introduce - that's Fortis.

Introducing our newest part - our aluminum butt stock, the Fortis LA™. It's an all aluminum Lever Action (LA) stock that utilizes mil-spec buffer tubes. That's right - slip off the plastic stock and upgrade your rifle immediately. The lever action is what clamps down onto the buffer tube so there's no rattle or movement and our patent pending design is is one of a kind.

Features:

Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
Finish: Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized
Fits standard milspec buffer tubes (not included)
Lever action tightens onto the buffer tube for robust grip and no rattle
Weight - TBD - but you won't be disappointed

Made in the USA!

http://fortismfg.com/ar15-fortis-LA-buttstock

din
5 December 2016, 18:15
That looks like it be decent if they made a provision for raising the comb height.

UWone77
6 December 2016, 13:32
They've been working on this stock for several years, nice to see that it's finally coming into fruition.

SINNER
6 December 2016, 13:58
So far I like what they have.

Uffdaphil
6 December 2016, 14:07
Sounds innovative technically. But I can't go for any stocks with long vertical snags hanging down.

UWone77
6 December 2016, 14:38
Sounds innovative technically. But I can't go for any stocks with long vertical snags hanging down.

I want to see the final version.

Uffdaphil
6 December 2016, 14:56
Assuming competitive price and I'd get one sans snag. Love the lever. I've been pleased with every Fortis product so far - rails, mounts and charging handles.

Axlnut
6 December 2016, 17:16
I'm intrigued as well - there is aspects (sans adjustment method) very similar to a stock I've been messing around with for a few years. Interesting to see how the market responds. The lever is clever, but my only hesitation - is it clever for clever's sake.

GOST
13 December 2016, 09:49
Media blasted prototype.

Eric
13 December 2016, 18:02
Needs a replaceable rubber or poly butt-plate. After a few malfunction clearance drills with mortering it will be dinged up.

Are those QD sockets on the top/rear?

Aragorn
15 December 2016, 12:59
Needs a replaceable rubber or poly butt-plate. After a few malfunction clearance drills with mortering it will be dinged up.

Yeah, this. Looks sweet otherwise though.

Axlnut
15 December 2016, 19:33
Yeah, this. Looks sweet otherwise though.

Wouldn't be too bad. AK folders (albeit steel) take it well. 7075 with good anodizing is pretty damn tough.

[Edit, I see now it's 6061]

In all honesty I don't think the market is the serious end user either. More the Instagram Warfare crowd - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Pyzik
16 December 2016, 14:52
If they come out with a cheek rest that's not carbon fiber I may like it. We'll see. I can't though with the carbon fiber.

UWone77
16 December 2016, 21:37

Are those QD sockets on the top/rear?

After you see the Price, you will want to refrain from mortaring it [:D]

iflyjets
5 January 2017, 09:48
Sooooo how much?

FortTom
5 January 2017, 09:58
I'm beginning to think that the vendors are running out of stuff to make for the AR platform.[crazy] I can't see the guys in the "i'll try anything" training wise, the ones who whose weapon has the most dings and deep scratches from realistic training, buying one of these to roll around in grit, gravel and on pavement, paying for being privy to own one.[:D]