PDA

View Full Version : To WEVO and Friends

rxer311
8 December 2016, 18:31
Its always cool to meet people with the same interests and hobbies. Its even better when you meet them on tight knit forum such as this.

Tonight I got the pleasure of meeting Axlnut and we did the final assembly of my rifle and perm attach of my muzzle device. As always, nothing goes as planned and everything is harder to put together than what you expect, but we got it together and its looks great. I will get around to posting up pictures later...since I was up at 4:30 this morning and have to do the same tomorrow.

Thanks Axlnut for an awesome WEVO cerakote job and a great deal.

To WEVO 001!

Axlnut
8 December 2016, 20:37
Hell yeah dude, great to meet you!

It's always fun when someone makes the journey to my little woodshed in the sticks, even got a little snow on the mountain (wasn't snowing where you parked at the base of my driveway [:D]) to complete the experience.

Your build was a combination of the most "in spec" parts I think I've ever come across - I've never seen a barrel journal/upper fit that tight before. Was ready to break out the AK tools and the press ;-)

Former11B
9 December 2016, 08:29
Awesome.

I'm one of few SC members...and I have met the other one lol.

I want to get Axlnut to cerakote one of my rifles and that's saying a lot due to how much I love spray paint

MCA
9 December 2016, 08:49

Hey, I think I resemble that remark [:D]

And that is a compliment to Axlnut...11B rattle cans (quite well I might add) anything he can get his hands on.

UWone77
9 December 2016, 09:07
This is worthless without pics [:D]

velocity2006
9 December 2016, 09:12
I needed to make it up to the expo to meet the west coast people, was bummed I missed it. Most of the people who end up here seem to have fairly similar interests and tastes.

UWone77
9 December 2016, 09:19
I needed to make it up to the expo to meet the west coast people, was bummed I missed it. Most of the people who end up here seem to have fairly similar interests and tastes.

Well make sure you get up here in 2017!

velocity2006
9 December 2016, 09:35
I should have more time this summer, so hopefully it will happen. We need to have a big west coast/wevo vendor shoot. Like the expo, but all the companies bring their goodies and we shoot the crap out of them at a private range. People could also bring their builds that have been featured on here to shoot, would be fun to try everyone's builds. Not as crazy as SHOT though.

UWone77
9 December 2016, 10:05
I should have more time this summer, so hopefully it will happen. We need to have a big west coast/wevo vendor shoot. Like the expo, but all the companies bring their goodies and we shoot the crap out of them at a private range. People could also bring their builds that have been featured on here to shoot, would be fun to try everyone's builds. Not as crazy as SHOT though.

Well, it's sort of like that...

This year will be a 4 day event. Only the last 2 are open to the public. First 2 days will be range/media day. There will actually be a vetting process so anyone and their mother with a 50 subscriber YouTube Channel or a few followers on IG will not be able to get in. In fact I believe there are only advertising publicly that it's still a 2 day event.

velocity2006
9 December 2016, 10:31
Yeah not sure I would qualify as press/media. Would love to though.

UWone77
9 December 2016, 10:44
Yeah not sure I would qualify as press/media. Would love to though.

You should definitely at least do the 2 day. Ask SINNER, we took good care of him!

And the Medic of course... he got both barrels daily, but he took it like ... Ken Bone would have!

velocity2006
9 December 2016, 10:51
I'll set aside some coin so I can hopefully make it happen.

FortTom
9 December 2016, 11:24
is any of this clothing optional?
[:D]

Axlnut
9 December 2016, 12:04
This is worthless without pics [:D]

I know right!

We tried, but Rxer had a long drive home and it was getting late. Lightbox was set up, camera right there, but was conspired against by my wife stealing my lighting extension cord for the Christmas tree (I know, right?) and the memory card being in the house.

So now it's on rxer - the rifle looked sick. We need pictures!

Axlnut
9 December 2016, 12:09
Awesome.

I want to get Axlnut to cerakote one of my rifles and that's saying a lot due to how much I love spray paint

I'm honored and all about it man - you do CLEAN rattle can work, be cool to have one of my jobs join your collection.

KW900A
9 December 2016, 12:33
Where about in PA are you axlnut? I feel like I will be calling on you in the future...

Axlnut
9 December 2016, 12:43
Where about in PA are you axlnut? I feel like I will be calling on you in the future...

Pretty much right up I81 from you. Once you cross through Communist MD, I'm up in the mountains about an hour from the Chambersburg exits, in East Waterford.

KW900A
10 December 2016, 04:21
Pretty much right up I81 from you. Once you cross through Communist MD, I'm up in the mountains about an hour from the Chambersburg exits, in East Waterford.

Ok I know about where that is, I've traveled through PA plenty of times and trucked cows in/out of Carlisle years ago.

Anywho, I have a lower that the finish sucks on, so it may be a good candidate for a cerakote job