PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed John Glen

FortTom
9 December 2016, 08:13
Godspeed John Glen. Thank you for your service to our country. You are an American hero, and patriot. R.I.P.[adore]

MCA
9 December 2016, 08:53
I will second what FT said above.

"Zero G and I feel fine." — During the first orbit by an American in 1962.

What a stud and what an incredible life he led. RIP Sir...

gatordev
10 December 2016, 04:58
Stole this from a post from a buddy on another forum. Stay with it, the Gunny will get to the point quick enough.

https://youtu.be/BF5OBBhdTJ4

KW900A
10 December 2016, 06:28
^^^ I like that.

John Glenn was an incredible human being. He accomplished more in 95 years than a lot of men could do in 200 years, and he did it all with top notch integrity. Godspeed Sir

Joelski
10 December 2016, 16:11
John Glenn and my great Uncle attended the school of engineering at Muskingum College and were room mates, and both became military aviators as a result of Pearl Harbor.

I got to chase their footsteps at NAS PAX, where tons of seriously cool shit was cranked out during their time. I was so born in the wrong era. I'd have greatly loved trying to keep up with Col. Glenn's achievements! I can't think of many men who measure up to his character.

FortTom
12 December 2016, 09:48
John Glenn and my great Uncle attended the school of engineering at Muskingum College and were room mates, and both became military aviators as a result of Pearl Harbor.

I got to chase their footsteps at NAS PAX, where tons of seriously cool shit was cranked out during their time. I was so born in the wrong era. I'd have greatly loved trying to keep up with Col. Glenn's achievements! I can't think of many men who measure up to his character.

Wow. Really cool story.

FT[:D]