PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Griffin Armament Taper Mount Flash Hider

Pyzik
12 December 2016, 07:00
**FOUND**
Looking for a Griffin Armament Taper Mount Flash Hider as title says.

Just checking to see if I can grab one from the marketplace before ordering one.

If you have one let me know.

Thanks!

Joelski
12 December 2016, 09:27
If you can find it, snatch it up. GA seems to be riding a wave of popularity d/t their recent hits and it seems like it takes forever to restock as their SKU'S grow.

I waited forever on a blast shield and changed to a can; maybe the wait will benefit you in the same way.

Pyzik
12 December 2016, 09:43
If you can find it, snatch it up. GA seems to be riding a wave of popularity d/t their recent hits and it seems like it takes forever to restock as their SKU'S grow.

I waited forever on a blast shield and changed to a can; maybe the wait will benefit you in the same way.
Yeah, it's OOS on their site.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

alamo5000
12 December 2016, 18:18

Sorry to change the topic but are you still looking for a taper mount blast shield?

alamo5000
12 December 2016, 18:22
For the record I have seen a bunch of stuff that technically isn't 'in stock' on the GA page, but when I go to other sites they are there. I have a few sites that I check on for stuff. It seems like GA is moving their products in batches to retailers that they have a good relationship with.

UWone77
12 December 2016, 18:37
For the record I have seen a bunch of stuff that technically isn't 'in stock' on the GA page, but when I go to other sites they are there. I have a few sites that I check on for stuff. It seems like GA is moving their products in batches to retailers that they have a good relationship with.

A good manufacturer will take care of their dealers first before stocking their own online store.

alamo5000
12 December 2016, 18:59
A good manufacturer will take care of their dealers first before stocking their own online store.

Since I shop for GA stuff from time to time that seems to be exactly what they are doing. If anyone ever needs or wants to find stuff just hit me up. I've identified a few shops that aren't super well known that seem to be on the good list. I don't follow it weekly or anything but some online stores seem to have a lot more stuff than others do.

Aside from all that it just seems to me to be good business practice. They do the part of actually making the stuff and other places can sell it part by part. If I was in business that's how I would do it. It would seem to me to make better financial sense and everybody in the end wins when things go right.

Joelski
12 December 2016, 20:56
Sorry to change the topic but are you still looking for a taper mount blast shield?
Perhaps. Looking for any trades?

alamo5000
12 December 2016, 20:59
Perhaps. Looking for any trades?

Make me an offer. [:D]

Or you can buy one.

https://54-17arms.com/shop/flash-hiders-muzzle-brakes/griffin-armament-taper-mount-blast-shield/

Joelski
13 December 2016, 04:25
Make me an offer. [:D]

Or you can buy one.

https://54-17arms.com/shop/flash-hiders-muzzle-brakes/griffin-armament-taper-mount-blast-shield/
Scroll up, I'm over it. Apparently you are too. I decided to go with a suppressor instead. The shield is cool, but kinda gimmicky compared to a suppressor. Find a MA or CA guy that's in desperate need of something to make his non-suppressed AR look cool, you should get it all back. [emoji6] [emoji385]

Former11B
13 December 2016, 10:06
Pyzik, where did you find one? I've been looking for one also

Pyzik
13 December 2016, 10:28
Found them in stock at the same link as above. https://54-17arms.com/shop/flash-hiders-muzzle-brakes/griffin-armament-taper-mount-flash-suppressor/

There was only one other place I found in stock but don't recall where.

alamo5000
13 December 2016, 16:10
Found them in stock at the same link as above. https://54-17arms.com/shop/flash-hiders-muzzle-brakes/griffin-armament-taper-mount-flash-suppressor/

http://www.capitolarmory.com/griffin-taper-mount-flash-suppressor.html

Capitol Armory and 54-17 tend to have stuff in stock for GA a bit more than other places. 54-17 is more competitive on price (at least for me since I have to pay sales tax at Capital Armory).

That said Capital Armory has some pretty good sales from time to time.

alamo5000
13 December 2016, 16:16
Pyzik, where did you find one? I've been looking for one also

That 54-17 is the go to place for Griffin accessories. At least so far.

alamo5000
13 December 2016, 16:23
Scroll up, I'm over it. Apparently you are too. I decided to go with a suppressor instead. The shield is cool, but kinda gimmicky compared to a suppressor. Find a MA or CA guy that's in desperate need of something to make his non-suppressed AR look cool, you should get it all back. [emoji6] [emoji385]

I wouldn't use the term 'over it' for me. I have only used the thing once to be honest. It has it's place in the world for sure but when you have a Recce 5 right there I tend to use that more often. I don't think of the blast shield as a must have thing... I got mine because I had a gift card and bought it to try out.

If you're ever in need to keep the OAL down on your gun the blast shield is the way to go. A 10.5 SBR once you put the can on it is still out there a bit. I also imagine that if I ever had to shoot at a public range that the people next to me might appreciate my investment.

If I am ever REALLY going to run my SBR long and hard I won't do it with the can on it. I don't want to abuse my suppressor.

Former11B
13 December 2016, 18:16

I've been looking for the minimalist FH; but both the mini and fullsize were out at that site last week when I signed up for notifications. Guess I didn't get one or they didn't send it

Pyzik
13 December 2016, 18:20
I've been looking for the minimalist FH; but both the mini and fullsize were out at that site last week when I signed up for notifications. Guess I didn't get one or they didn't send it
I've got a minimalist I'm not using if you want it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk