PDA

View Full Version : Polymer80 80% Glock 19/23/32 Gen2

UWone77
17 December 2016, 23:45
Looks Like Rainier Arms will have the first batch. This one has Battle Cock written all over it!

https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer80-80-glock-19-23-32-pf940cv1

Sign up for the notification. (https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer80-80-glock-19-23-32-pf940cv1) Taking Pre-orders soon. Coming February 6, 2017!

Polymer80 (http://www.polymer80.com/)is pleased to announce the newest product in our series of pistol frame systems, the PF940Cv1. The PF940Cv1 is an industry first, a redesigned follow-up to the popular and successful PF940TM and offers compatibility with Glock® 19/23/32 components. Initial offering of the PF940Cv1 will be in black with additional color options to come in the months ahead. Polymer80’s (http://www.polymer80.com/) determination to design, manufacture and provide quality and excellence in its product line is exemplified with thePF940Cv1.

Product Overview:

- Next Generation Ergonomics and Features

- High-Strength Reinforced Polymer Construction

- Aggressive and Adaptable Grip Texture (Optional - ReadyMod Blank Grip)

- Picatinny/STANAG Compliant Accessory Rail

- Serialization Plate

- Stainless Steel Locking Block Rail System

- Stainless Steel Drop-In Rear Rail Module

- Hardened Front and Rear Rail System Pins

- Complete Finishing Jig, Drill bits and End Mill Included

- Compatible with Glock® 19/23/32 Compact Frame Components

The 2 variants of the PF940Cv1:

The PF940Cv1 will have an aggressive texture applied to the sides, front and back of the grip.
The PF940Cv1 ReadyMod will have a smooth surface finish for customization, stippling or texturing to the end users preferred style.

Uffdaphil
18 December 2016, 03:34
Ooh, that looks like a fun project. I'm signed up. I hope the texture is RTF2-like.

What would really run tingles up my leg is a G19L 80 percenter.

GOST
18 December 2016, 05:30
Looks like Battle Cock is about to be busy.

tb417
18 December 2016, 08:41
Is it rocking the same grip angle as the first one? I almost sold off my M&P when I picked up that one!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Battle Cock
18 December 2016, 11:59
Ooh, that looks like a fun project. I'm signed up. I hope the texture is RTF2-like.

What would really run tingles up my leg is a G19L 80 percenter.

19L as in a chopped 17? Because that's a thing.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161218/c35a249e84305b0769a30a1f1c13f91f.jpg

I think it goes without saying that I'm excited about these 19 size kits. I only own 5 of the 17's [BD]

I'm also happy that Polymer80 listened to us and is releasing the ReadyMod version without texture.

Battle Cock
18 December 2016, 12:00
Is it rocking the same grip angle as the first one? I almost sold off my M&P when I picked up that one!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Grip angle looks parallel to the mag on both, so if it ain't the same, it's darn close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortTom
18 December 2016, 13:32
I'm no 'smith, I know a little, but I got on the notification list. This ought to be fun. Now I just have to bribe my buddy for access to his Bridgeport. I'm curious to see what I can come up with.

FT[:D]

0uTkAsT
18 December 2016, 21:20
I've never had any interest in an 80% frame until this popped up in my newsfeed. Damn that's sexy!

GOST
19 December 2016, 02:08
I like the Agency inspired thumb ramp.

Battle Cock
19 December 2016, 12:05
I like the Agency inspired thumb ramp.

That's actually the one feature I don't like. I'd have preferred they leave that material there so I have more to work with on index cuts.

Aside from that, they did an excellent job reducing the amount of work I have to do and the features I have to create. Which means I can charge a lot less, and make the idea of stippling an 80% receiver easier to swallow.

Though, I won't be stuck working on just 80%ers for much longer.

UWone77
26 December 2016, 20:43

fledge
27 December 2016, 20:04
It has dropped.

UWone77
27 December 2016, 20:10
It has dropped.

Man that was fast. I feel like I will go broke in 2017 on Glock parts kits...

Battle Cock
27 December 2016, 20:11

It's preorder. But yeah. Buy your glock parts now. I've already made my purchases before the rush.

UWone77
27 December 2016, 20:13
It's preorder. But yeah. Buy your glock parts now. I've already made my purchases before the rush.

You have a go to source?

Battle Cock
27 December 2016, 20:16
You have a go to source?

Got LPK's at a gun show for $35 each minus trigger. Which is fine because I'll go to Apex for those. URG's you just have to sniff out on gunbroker and eBay unless you want aftermarket. At this point all the cheap ones are already sold though.

fledge
27 December 2016, 20:55
I've never built a glock. Time to figure it out.

I'll just be happy to get in line for BC's treatment and then not screw up completing the lower.

Battle Cock
27 December 2016, 20:58
I've never built a glock. Time to figure it out.

I'll just be happy to get in line for BC's treatment and then not screw up completing the lower.

I've already got a couple full custom collaboration builds planned with Axlnut and several kits preordered. I intend to complete mine immediately upon receipt so I'll pass along what I learn about the build process.

FortTom
28 December 2016, 04:16
WOW!! I don't know how fast the first bunch will sell out, but I'm glad I came back to this thread. I was on the notification list, and then I got an email with the above add on it. I thought it was just another ad. Didn't scroll down far enough to a second page that said pre-notification. At least I got one.

Thanks for posting that, UW.

FT;)

FortTom
28 December 2016, 04:28
I was looking for lower parts kits and they offer them in Gen 3 and Gen 4 kits. What kit will this require?
Thanks
FT

Battle Cock
28 December 2016, 09:14
I was looking for lower parts kits and they offer them in Gen 3 and Gen 4 kits. What kit will this require?
Thanks
FT

These require all gen3 parts. Glock still holds patents on the gen4 designs.

UWone77
28 December 2016, 09:23
I'm going with all aftermarket Slides.

Probably 2 more ZEV's and I'll try one of those Adams Arms ones.

JHoward
28 December 2016, 09:32
Gah... I want to see some of these built. They make me nervous but interested.

Battle Cock
28 December 2016, 09:35
Gah... I want to see some of these built. They make me nervous but interested.

I've got several of the 17 size frames built and on the grip stippling thread and my IG. If done right they are tight and smooth. Probably wouldn't carry em unless I couldn't get a Glock for my holster, but they are a lot of fun and will teach you a lot.

MoxyDave
28 December 2016, 10:46
Do these 80% frames have metal guide inserts like the original Glock frames? From the pictures I've seen they look like Polymer ... and I find that worrisome.

Battle Cock
28 December 2016, 11:00
Do these 80% frames have metal guide inserts like the original Glock frames? From the pictures I've seen they look like Polymer ... and I find that worrisome.

Gen one has a steel locking block and the rear rails are polymer.

I believe the new generation will have a steel rear rail insert. I saw some pictures of it earlier in the design process. The rail insert looked designed to be affixed by the rear trigger housing pin.

GOST
29 December 2016, 07:26
Pre-order is up.

UWone77
29 December 2016, 22:20
Got LPK's at a gun show for $35 each minus trigger. Which is fine because I'll go to Apex for those. URG's you just have to sniff out on gunbroker and eBay unless you want aftermarket. At this point all the cheap ones are already sold though.

Going to try out a Lone Wolf Kit from Rainier. I've got a couple of extra OEM Triggers that I can throw in for now.

Any benefit in using titanium pins?

Battle Cock
29 December 2016, 22:22
Going to try out a Lone Wolf Kit from Rainier. I've got a couple of extra OEM Triggers that I can throw in for now.

Any benefit in using titanium pins?

I'd say they provide only disadvantages. Stick with stainless or plastic. I've seen a couple posts in groups where the titanium pins sheared. Never heard of that with plastic or stainless.

Battle Cock
29 December 2016, 22:23
EPP has some pins with a punch index in the center. I've never bought any but I love the concept.

FortTom
3 February 2017, 20:39
Looks Like Rainier Arms will have the first batch. This one has Battle Cock written all over it!

Sign up for the notification. (https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer80-80-glock-19-23-32-pf940cv1) Taking Pre-orders soon. Coming February 6, 2017!

Polymer80 (http://www.polymer80.com/)is pleased to announce the newest product in our series of pistol frame systems, the PF940Cv1. The PF940Cv1 is an industry first, a redesigned follow-up to the popular and successful PF940TM and offers compatibility with Glock® 19/23/32 components. Initial offering of the PF940Cv1 will be in black with additional color options to come in the months ahead. Polymer80’s (http://www.polymer80.com/) determination to design, manufacture and provide quality and excellence in its product line is exemplified with thePF940Cv1.

Product Overview:

- Next Generation Ergonomics and Features

- High-Strength Reinforced Polymer Construction

- Aggressive and Adaptable Grip Texture (Optional - ReadyMod Blank Grip)

- Picatinny/STANAG Compliant Accessory Rail

- Serialization Plate

- Stainless Steel Locking Block Rail System

- Stainless Steel Drop-In Rear Rail Module

- Hardened Front and Rear Rail System Pins

- Complete Finishing Jig, Drill bits and End Mill Included

- Compatible with Glock® 19/23/32 Compact Frame Components

The 2 variants of the PF940Cv1:

The PF940Cv1 will have an aggressive texture applied to the sides, front and back of the grip.
The PF940Cv1 ReadyMod will have a smooth surface finish for customization, stippling or texturing to the end users preferred style.

If I'm reading this correctly, we should start seeing our frames next week???

Dstrbdmedic167
3 February 2017, 21:30
If I'm reading this correctly, we should start seeing our frames next week???

Yea and I hope we do. Mines already slated for some BC magic!

FortTom
3 February 2017, 21:42
Yea and I hope we do. Mines already slated for some BC magic!

Yep, I already talked to him, I guess I need to get with him soon! Having problems finding a 32 slide, except for a stock glock product. Hoping to find a stripped slide and choose my own components. Ooops! I think I'm taking this thread off topic, should probably be in the pistol forum.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 February 2017, 21:45
Yep, I already talked to him, I guess I need to get with him soon! Having problems finding a 32 slide, except for a stock glock product. Hoping to find a stripped slide and choose my own components. Ooops! I think I'm taking this thread off topic, should probably be in the pistol forum.

No worries that's what we do here [emoji4].

Am I wrong to think all you need is a .40 Slide and a 357sig barrel? I thought the extractors and all were the same but I can't verify as I've never messed with one personally. I'm asking more than stating at this point.

FortTom
3 February 2017, 22:02
No worries that's what we do here [emoji4].

Am I wrong to think all you need is a .40 Slide and a 357sig barrel? I thought the extractors and all were the same but I can't verify as I've never messed with one personally. I'm asking more than stating at this point.

I'm not 100% sure, but I found a guy that has a store and sells 32 slides, complete. I've got some questions I need to ask, but a stock Glock complete slide would probably make me want to buy a non-glock non-polygonal barrel. Other than that, I'd probably drop the striker spring from 6lb to 5lb. So I'd rather find a 32 slide or compatible, and buy my own components.

As to your question, I've seen that before with some heated debate, but can't remember what the consensus was. I'll need to talk to an aftermarket parts mfg about this.

Battle Cock
4 February 2017, 11:04
I know that the main compatibility issue between 9mm and .40 Glock slide parts (for the same frame size) is exterior barrel diameter. I can't say I know the measurements between a .357 Sig barrel and a .40 but that probably going to be the main thing you need to check. The extractor and pretty much every other compatibility variable I can think of are the same.

MoxyDave
4 February 2017, 12:17
I know that the main compatibility issue between 9mm and .40 Glock slide parts (for the same frame size) is exterior barrel diameter. I can't say I know the measurements between a .357 Sig barrel and a .40 but that probably going to be the main thing you need to check. The extractor and pretty much every other compatibility variable I can think of are the same.

Better double-check that. I don't think the extractor is the same. Or maybe it was the ejector? I used to be a Glock Certified Armorer but I haven't bothered to re-certify ... kind of lost interest. But I do remember them having different parts. They would often work, but not with 100% reliability.

Battle Cock
4 February 2017, 22:38
Better double-check that. I don't think the extractor is the same. Or maybe it was the ejector? I used to be a Glock Certified Armorer but I haven't bothered to re-certify ... kind of lost interest. But I do remember them having different parts. They would often work, but not with 100% reliability.

Ah. Good catch. I said extractor when I was thinking ejector.

You'd want to go cartridge specific with the extractor.

Axlnut
5 February 2017, 00:46
Ah. Good catch. I said extractor when I was thinking ejector.

You'd want to go cartridge specific with the extractor.

Gen 3 40/357 extractors and ejectors are the same part number, but the 357 guns ran the taller rear sight.

fledge
8 February 2017, 14:30
From Rainier:

"After testing of the new lower frames, Polymer80 decided to do a nitride treatment on portions of the lower to increase durability and longevity. Unfortunately, this will delay the lowers until the end of the month. As soon as we get them in, they will be ready for pickup or to be shipped out. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much."

UWone77
8 February 2017, 14:35
From Rainier:

"After testing of the new lower frames, Polymer80 decided to do a nitride treatment on portions of the lower to increase durability and longevity. Unfortunately, this will delay the lowers until the end of the month. As soon as we get them in, they will be ready for pickup or to be shipped out. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much."

I was just at Rainier yesterday talking to them about this. Don't you guys know better than to give a date and do a pre-order? [:D][crazy]

Dstrbdmedic167
8 February 2017, 14:38
Well that explains why I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's more of an internal area being nitrided. Hopefully it won't affect BC and his awesome work.

Battle Cock
8 February 2017, 14:44
I was just at Rainier yesterday talking to them about this. Don't you guys know better than to give a date and do a pre-order? [:D][crazy]

I predicted an actual release date of March-April when they first talked about another December release, so I'm not surprised.

FortTom
8 February 2017, 15:06
Awww Crap! Well, better to get them right than rush them out, I suppose. As far as the slide issues, I spoke with the people at Lone Wolf (and purchased a bare slide). Their slides are marked underneath with .357/.40. According to them, all slide components are the same, for the .357 Sig and the .40 cal. So, I guess that makes that pretty easy.

SINNER
8 February 2017, 15:33
Well that explains why I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's more of an internal area being nitrided. Hopefully it won't affect BC and his awesome work.

Nitriding is a heat treatment. That means they are doing any metal components before they mold the frames. If they try to nitride with the poly it would melt. Sounds like it could be a significant delay.

Dstrbdmedic167
8 February 2017, 15:33
Nitriding is a heat treatment. That means they are doing any metal components before they mold the frames. If they try to nitride with the poly it would melt. Sounds like it could be a significant delay.

Thanks I was kinda confused on that part. That made sense thanks man.

SINNER
8 February 2017, 15:42
Thanks I was kinda confused on that part. That made sense thanks man.

No problem at all. I was confused when I first read it too. WAG I would say they are nitriding the rails due to excessive wear. Only part I could imagine in the frame assembly that would wear.

Dstrbdmedic167
8 February 2017, 15:56
No problem at all. I was confused when I first read it too. WAG I would say they are nitriding the rails due to excessive wear. Only part I could imagine in the frame assembly that would wear.

Yea after your comment that's the only area I can think of

UWone77
3 March 2017, 01:19
Looks like they are ready to go! Bring on the Battle Cock Stippling!

Pyzik
3 March 2017, 04:22
Between their IG and Mr Battle Cock over here I am really wanting to build and 19.

"I do not need to be building another gun right now.... I do not need to be building another gun right now...."

fledge
3 March 2017, 06:11
The stippled version is shipping. The non-stippled I pre ordered for BC stippling is still not ready, per RA's IG account yesterday.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 March 2017, 06:29
The stippled version is shipping. The non-stippled I pre ordered for BC stippling is still not ready, per RA's IG account yesterday.

Correct. Still 3 weeks out from what I was told.

Duffy
5 March 2017, 13:55
I got mine last week :P

FortTom
13 April 2017, 23:55
For anyone who ordered a non-stippled version and haven't been notified yet, I received an email yesterday that mine had been submitted for shipping and should be here (KY) in three days.