PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson M&P® M2.0™ Pistol

GOST
3 January 2017, 02:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8IFo8q4ip8&feature=youtu.be

FortTom
3 January 2017, 06:01
I've got the 9mm, .40 and .45ACP, all FS, all 3 with APEX FSS triggers and TFO sights for consistency, and I didn't see anything in that short video that would make me want to upgrade(?), just a little fancier grip stippling. I heard a lot of noise about the 2.0's coming out, but it sort of looks like all they did was cosmetic stuff? Maybe the triggers are better? I seriously doubt that they're better than the Apex FSS, and folks who can, will probably replace a lot of those with Apex FSS triggers or at least Apex upgrades. It appears I got all excited over nothing. I wonder if the street price of $499 will stay the same. I think that was one of the best features of the M&P's, being how they kept the prices so reasonable.

FT[:D]

Pyzik
3 January 2017, 06:13
I was really hoping it was going to be more than that. And with them removing the beaver tail on the full size models, I'm officially out. I was thinking i was going to need to pick one up "just because". I too already have improved triggers, stippling, serrations... So, there is nothing in this for me.

If I were already in the market for full size M&P, I'm not even sure I'd grab one of these over the old ones. Sure it has the front side serrations now but no beaver tail. Ugh.
If I were already looking for a compact or Shield, I'd probably choose a 2.0 over the old one I guess. The front serrations and trigger might save me a little money.

Pyzik
3 January 2017, 06:34
Here's a slightly longer video.
Just realized it's unlisted on their channel so it may not stay up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbWJQd0AT40

GOST
3 January 2017, 06:36
Probably will be decent, but I'm more interested in the CZ P-10 C.

FortTom
3 January 2017, 14:59
Pyzik, even the front serrations look like they were botched, with one "off kilter" at the end of the serration. I think they should have left well enough alone...if the triggers are better, and someone like a cop's department won't let them modify stock triggers, I could see the upgrade, other than like I said it looks liked they screwed the front serration up, and added nothing but a bit fancier trigger.

FT

Joelski
3 January 2017, 15:10
Bold New Graphics. Meh. Nothing compelling in all of that.

SINNER
3 January 2017, 15:20
Probably will be decent, but I'm more interested in the CZ P-10 C.

This.

A supressor ready model is coming too.

Axlnut
3 January 2017, 16:07
Bold New Graphics. Meh. Nothing compelling in all of that.

Somebody also rides dirtbikes.

Waiting for the CZ as well

schambers
3 January 2017, 16:44
My biggest problems with the M&P line was the trigger and the rather smooth surface of the pistol grip. I'm glad they addressed those issues.

UWone77
4 January 2017, 16:18
My biggest problems with the M&P line was the trigger and the rather smooth surface of the pistol grip. I'm glad the addressed those issues.

Yep, the trigger. Sucks to have to spend money on a M&P trigger to get it to work like.... a Glock.

tb417
4 January 2017, 18:57
I just saw a 5 inch FDE for $519. I kind of like it, if I knew for sure it took an Apex trigger and wasn't here in Idaho, I might have bought it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

INTrooper4255
4 January 2017, 19:02
Make it in 10mm!!!

Deadwing
10 January 2017, 05:44
I was really hoping it was going to be more than that. And with them removing the beaver tail on the full size models, I'm officially out. I was thinking i was going to need to pick one up "just because". I too already have improved triggers, stippling, serrations... So, there is nothing in this for me.

If I were already in the market for full size M&P, I'm not even sure I'd grab one of these over the old ones. Sure it has the front side serrations now but no beaver tail. Ugh.
If I were already looking for a compact or Shield, I'd probably choose a 2.0 over the old one I guess. The front serrations and trigger might save me a little money.

I'm with you: no beaver tail = no go.

Thomas Chagrin
10 January 2017, 06:07
Man, tough crowd! I think the updates look good. The Shield and Compact models never had a beaver tail, for what it's worth. I'm a 1911 & metal-framed gun kind of guy but I completely believe in the M&P line. The updates appear to be incremental and well thought out. All or most of the holsters & parts used with the original M&P will work with the 2.0 model. I think we should give the new models a chance and not be so quick to dismiss them. Or....what would have actually made people happy? Serious question. What are you guys looking for in an M&P revamp?

GOST
10 January 2017, 06:23
Even though this trigger may be improved, most were looking a trigger that resembled the Glock style trigger. That has become standard on most striker pistols. Apex is probably glad they didn't do this, Apex sells a lot of the trigger upgrades.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 January 2017, 18:59
Picked this up today. Will be ordering an Apex trigger ASAP. Also need some 10-8 sights and springer mag extensions.

PS: I see a few options. What is the best to get? Just the trigger housing? Polymer? Aluminum? Spring kit?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/9838daadbb585aa39c5b5372fb7f203d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeles
12 January 2017, 23:28
I picked mine up Tuesday, the trigger is apparently what they were putting in the Pro models. mine breaks at 5.5 lbs. back to back with my gen 1 i don't miss or notice that the beaver tail is gone. (visually I miss it though). love the new grip texture, very solid. Slide is a lot thinner and the giant billboard on the right side was toned down a lot. Frame is thicker and just enough that my Raven concealment holster is too tight on the 2.0. it fits but its a fight to get it back out. (light bearing holster works fine with the surefire x300) But speaking of the x300 I don't know if its just mine but the x300 is a lot looser on the pic rail than on the 1.0 not like it's going to come off but shake the gun and it rattles. 2.0 fits just fine in the safariland with GLS. Slides and frames are NOT interchangeable. This is due to the cutouts for the slide catch.

I took it to the range for a quick break in trip. for the most part i'm happy with the trigger, i may swap in an aluminum AEK just for consistency between my 1.0 and the 2.0 but I want to see how the strikier block breaks in with a few undred rounds before I think of swapping it out. Got some 10-8 fiber optic sights ready to go on it.

Dstrbdmedic - in my gen 1 I run an aluminum AEK with the duty carry kit. nice clean and consistent at 4.5lbs. but as I said I will probably put an AEK in the 2.0 for the pretravel reduction and consistency between guns. (though the 1.0 may get a FSS kit in it since it's mainly "tactical" match gun at this point so i can drop the duty/carry kit into my compact for edc)

Pyzik
13 January 2017, 05:58
Picked this up today. Will be ordering an Apex trigger ASAP. Also need some 10-8 sights and springer mag extensions.

PS: I see a few options. What is the best to get? Just the trigger housing? Polymer? Aluminum? Spring kit?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/9838daadbb585aa39c5b5372fb7f203d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon. Where are the REAL pics?

I've shot the Shield .45, which wasn't branded as a 2.0 when it came out but turns out it is.
I like it. The stippling felt really good to me.

I've been saying it since Tuesday or Wednesday but I'll actually be stopping by my LGS to fondle one. The let me know when they got a couple and I just haven't been able to make it in this week.

Pyzik
13 January 2017, 06:00
I picked mine up Tuesday, the trigger is apparently what they were putting in the Pro models. mine breaks at 5.5 lbs. back to back with my gen 1 i don't miss or notice that the beaver tail is gone. (visually I miss it though). love the new grip texture, very solid. Slide is a lot thinner and the giant billboard on the right side was toned down a lot. Frame is thicker and just enough that my Raven concealment holster is too tight on the 2.0. it fits but its a fight to get it back out. (light bearing holster works fine with the surefire x300) But speaking of the x300 I don't know if its just mine but the x300 is a lot looser on the pic rail than on the 1.0 not like it's going to come off but shake the gun and it rattles. 2.0 fits just fine in the safariland with GLS. Slides and frames are NOT interchangeable. This is due to the cutouts for the slide catch.

I took it to the range for a quick break in trip. for the most part i'm happy with the trigger, i may swap in an aluminum AEK just for consistency between my 1.0 and the 2.0 but I want to see how the strikier block breaks in with a few undred rounds before I think of swapping it out. Got some 10-8 fiber optic sights ready to go on it.

Dstrbdmedic - in my gen 1 I run an aluminum AEK with the duty carry kit. nice clean and consistent at 4.5lbs. but as I said I will probably put an AEK in the 2.0 for the pretravel reduction and consistency between guns. (though the 1.0 may get a FSS kit in it since it's mainly "tactical" match gun at this point so i can drop the duty/carry kit into my compact for edc)

Good to hear your reports.

rxer311
13 January 2017, 13:45
I got to handle one of these at my local gun store yesterday. It is an upgrade over the original design, however, I was unimpressed.

The grips feel much better than before, that is for sure.

The problem is that there really isn't an upgrade where it matters. The trigger still has that dragging a spoon through a second helping of mashed potatoes feel. I think a lot of my gripe with the trigger pull may have to do with the hinged trigger, but I gotta say that I really don't like the trigger pull.

And this is coming from somebody who thinks the trigger pull of a mil spec trigger in an AR is just fine. [BD]

GOST
13 January 2017, 14:47
Looks like Agency Arms M&P's are coming.

Dstrbdmedic167
14 January 2017, 20:46

Thanks man! I may try the polymer with the FSS kit. having said that a Agency(APEX) trigger for it would be awesome!

Steeles
14 January 2017, 22:59
i had both guns out earlier and taken apart. stood the barrels up on end and noticed the 2.0 barrel has a different angle to it. lined up a stock 1.0 barrel the 2.0 and the Apex SDI

https://flic.kr/p/R1xrcS

weird. random. sorry for the potato pic, wasnt' dragging the dslr out for this lol

GOST
18 January 2017, 09:53
Got to shoot a M2.0 today and really like the grip, felt very similar to a highend stipple job. The trigger felt better and had a very short reset, but still don't like the hinge.

Steeles
25 January 2017, 16:59
ooh Agency put their M&P builds up on site. beautiful work. but pricy for my blood. we'll see when they get some slide work only options up...