PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show 2017 - anything looking forward to?

neo9710
8 January 2017, 17:40
I really haven't heard much talk about this years Show Show. Anyone has anything peaking their interest?

Arcteryx Leaf Line - I saw thayt they are slightly redoing their line to become Berry compliant. Looking forward to see what new cold weather gear they are coming out with. Also saw that they are redoing their hard shell. Hopefully they will have some in stock! I desperately need to redo my cold weather gear (especially since Inauguration is coming up)

Surefire Lights/lights in general for rifle-pistol/handheld. Always like to see what is coming out. Slimmer - brighter. Especially for smaller handguns such as Glock 43.

Hard Plates and helmets - lighter.

Night Vision/Thermal
Colt - heard they were releasing models along the line of 1911 9mm.
Variable optics (1x6). New Vortex/Trijicon models
Suppressors/Silencers - since the buzz of the Hearing Protection Act.
Lasers - Maybe a look at the MAWL for civilians (don't think my dept is going to buy me one anytime soon)

That's a start....

UWone77
8 January 2017, 18:21
There will definitely be a Civilian MAWL, but I don't think anyone is going to like the price. Est. $2500.

Arcteryx... what overpriced Chinese clothing can they offer? [:D]

I haven't seen much coming out of SHOT in years that excites me.

schambers
8 January 2017, 19:20
Kind of with UWone77 on this one. There are a few odds and ends I think are cool but I've already seen them.

Some things I'm interested to find out:

- How US Optics new offering will be substantially different from their old stuff?
- Will Kalashnakof USA come back this year? Or will their futuristic AK gun be represented in another booth?
- The design and function of TacSol's new pistol
- KRG's new rifle action and if they are still working on their gas gun masada clone thing?

schambers
8 January 2017, 19:24
Arcteryx... what overpriced Chinese clothing can they offer? [:D]

I forgot where I saw this but Arcteryx recently became berry compliant, so at least their LEAF line will get US production and NSN's

Tyrannosaur
8 January 2017, 19:26
Hoping for Nightforce to join the 1-6 or 8 game. Trijicon new offerings, as far as firearms not much is exciting in NY....

UWone77
8 January 2017, 19:42
I forgot where I saw this but Arcteryx recently became berry compliant, so at least their LEAF line will get US production and NSN's

Which I can get on board with. I will always pay more for US made stuff and do so when I can. I have a few pieces of LEAF clothing, but can't get fully on board with shit made overseas.

UWone77
8 January 2017, 19:43
Hoping for Nightforce to join the 1-6 or 8 game. Trijicon new offerings, as far as firearms not much is exciting in NY....

You'll see a 1-8 and it will be awesome. Start saving.

8teenEcho
8 January 2017, 20:19
Looking forward to some Viper PST Gen II 1-6 reviews. I probably chose the worst time to buy a new scope.

Tyrannosaur
9 January 2017, 04:53

Thanks God you can get away with one kidney. So they just skipped the 1-6x game, went straight for the jugular. Sold

SINNER
9 January 2017, 05:46
NF 1-8 could be a nice addition to their line or could be a bust. They need to stay well under the price of a S&B short dot. Because I'd bet money it will not be in that class of clarity and and consistent eye relief.

fledge
9 January 2017, 06:07
Looking forward to...

Launch of Q.

Launch of Dracos barrels.

Pyzik
9 January 2017, 08:44
If I were going, I'd want to check out:

The new Husdon 9mm pistol
CMT's micro 9mm AR if it's there
Would fondle Savage's AR10 MSR
Was looking forward the the M&P2.0 but now "meh"
Meeting other people

neo9710
9 January 2017, 14:01

Thanks God you can get away with one kidney. So they just skipped the 1-6x game, went straight for the jugular. Sold

I was looking at the Razor HJD and the Trijicon Accupoint but decided to hold off until I see what comes out this year..Between these two is an already tough decision.

Which I can get on board with. I will always pay more for US made stuff and do so when I can. I have a few pieces of LEAF clothing, but can't get fully on board with shit made overseas.

Im with ya. But all my cold gear is old and falling apart (work and personal stuff) so i do need to pick up something soon. Was also waiting to see what they put out

GOST
9 January 2017, 20:24
Looking forward to...

Launch of Q.

Launch of Dracos barrels.

Those two have my interest also. Geissele's booth will be swarmed for whatever Nano Weapon is.

MoxyDave
10 January 2017, 10:53
Anything new on the LWRC SMG-45? Seems like it's been in limbo forever. Something about the way it looks ... I just love this thing. I hope it's available someday:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=192719

gatordev
10 January 2017, 13:47
I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it, but I really kinda wish I had bought a USC back when I had the chance and it was on sale several years ago. Converting it to a UMP would have been fun. Oh well.

This excites me. I just hope it's a little more than *just* a 1-8, otherwise I see another RMR in my future.

fledge
10 January 2017, 14:16
Geissele has a just released video of all their new products, including their sister companies. New MK13 slim rail, new triggers, new coatings, etc.

https://m.facebook.com/geisseleautomatics

Btw, look at the coating on that BCG after a simulated 450k rounds. This coating could be a real Evolution.

SINNER
10 January 2017, 15:03
Anything new on the LWRC SMG-45? Seems like it's been in limbo forever. Something about the way it looks ... I just love this thing. I hope it's available someday:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=192719

Considering the fiasco they had attempting to get AR pistols to run correctly for years after they were selling them I would guess it's still in the "testing" phase.

gatordev
12 January 2017, 09:14
Besides the NF 1-8 announcement, I'm also hoping Will will treat us to some sort of announcement for his future QD bipod mount. One can dream.

VIPER 237
12 January 2017, 17:36
The buzz is trijicon is releasing a 1-8x for $1500 msrp. That would kill the competition.

SINNER
12 January 2017, 17:54
Let's hope they used no parts of the VCOG in its design. Accupower/Accupoint style could be a real winner. I wish they would do a chevron reticle with mil holds instead of caliber specifics.

Slippers
12 January 2017, 18:01
The buzz is trijicon is releasing a 1-8x for $1500 msrp. That would kill the competition.

Only if it has daylight bright illumination, doesn't weigh 30 oz, and has decent reticle options. Like sinner said, hopefully it doesn't take inspiration from the VCOG.

Tyrannosaur
12 January 2017, 18:19
I got one of the Trijicon 1-6 accupoint, it's ok but not what I was looking for. I'll most likely sell it soon. Hopefully the q-8 will be better. Wish a blue reticle was available, green doesn't work for me.

neo9710
13 January 2017, 13:48
Only if it has daylight bright illumination, doesn't weigh 30 oz, and has decent reticle options. Like sinner said, hopefully it doesn't take inspiration from the VCOG.

:o

I got one of the Trijicon 1-6 accupoint, it's ok but not what I was looking for. I'll most likely sell it soon. Hopefully the q-8 will be better. Wish a blue reticle was available, green doesn't work for me.

Hmm...is that the only thing you dont like about it? Im still tossing around the Vortex or the Trijcon.

Pyzik
13 January 2017, 13:50
Ar15 news just posted a new 9mm "AR" pistol from Fight Lite. Looks interesting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SINNER
13 January 2017, 14:31
Certainly interested now.

Tyrannosaur
13 January 2017, 14:53
:o

Hmm...is that the only thing you dont like about it? Im still tossing around the Vortex or the Trijcon.

The reticle dot is reallying small, feels like a .5 moa. My scope is barely visible in complete darkness, making the tritium almost completely worthless. Not bad to shoot with but think I would be happier with Vortex's newest offering.
The new 1-8 looks like it's an accupower so hopefully it will rock.

Joelski
13 January 2017, 15:54

This. TAD gets my money for duty, and some casual clothing as well. It ain't cheap, but it's 'murican and damn good stuff.

Looks like I might as well have payroll send my pay checks to Geissele. I am definitely seeing some 13 and nano action coming my way. While not a huge fan of the high saber grind, I'll be signing up for the knife as well. Might as well get the whole fam damily into garnishing my wages!

GOST
13 January 2017, 18:15

Glad to see that it's an Accupower.

EO3
13 January 2017, 21:30
This. TAD gets my money for duty, and some casual clothing as well. It ain't cheap, but it's 'murican and damn good stuff.

Looks like I might as well have payroll send my pay checks to Geissele. I am definitely seeing some 13 and nano action coming my way. While not a huge fan of the high saber grind, I'll be signing up for the knife as well. Might as well get the whole fam damily into garnishing my wages!
The new knife with the sheath is going to be $750 [wow]

UWone77
13 January 2017, 22:19
The new knife with the sheath is going to be $750 [wow]

Knives, quality knives cost money.

That sheath out of 7075 ... is sick though!

SINNER
14 January 2017, 03:09
WTF is Bill talking about? He said that the new trigger is their first single stage trigger? Did he forget about the SD-3G?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKBBDWJzx8&feature=youtu.be

GOST
14 January 2017, 11:54
Bill may have meant first conventional single stage. My SD-3G which I loved felt like it had a rolling break, rather than a crisp break.

SINNER
14 January 2017, 12:24
That's odd. All mine have a very crisp and sudden break. Insanely short reset. Weird because even their site lists it as a single stage.

GOST
14 January 2017, 12:35
Mine felt more like it just let off rather than a break. My HiperFire 24-3G has a shorter reset than my SD3G had, but it has zero take up. When the SD3G first came out they used to list it on their site as a hybrid.

Joelski
14 January 2017, 15:51
Knives, quality knives cost money.

That sheath out of 7075 ... is sick though!

They sure do, and PD-1 is a hell of a good choice for blade crafting. A lot of users prefer tool steel over some exotic powder steel for its durability. It's a bitch to sharpen, especially in the field, but it keeps an edge for a long time. That sheath is pretty sweet. I imagine all the machine time is what makes the knife so pricey.

LOL at "Let's build you a business, boys." Doesn't every new ground-up small business project start with million+ dollar German CNC grinders?

SINNER
14 January 2017, 17:24
Mine felt more like it just let off rather than a break. My HiperFire 24-3G has a shorter reset than my SD3G had, but it has zero take up. When the SD3G first came out they used to list it on their site as a hybrid.

What do you think of the 24-3G? I just didn't like mine. I think it was the plastic shoe more than anything. For that money do a MIM adjustable shoe at least.

EO3
14 January 2017, 17:39
From my understanding, the SD-3G is considered to have a "rolling break" as GOST was saying, so I also believe that's why Bill was saying the SSP is their first single stage.

GOST
14 January 2017, 17:41
Mines not the flat bow, it has the same internals as those with a regular curved bow. I'm definitely not used to it yet, having no pre-travel is hard to get used to. It's definitely a gamer's trigger, very light pull and breaks very clean. I may end up going back to either a SD3G or SDE.

Sak007
14 January 2017, 18:30
I was invited to go to Shot for the second time and for the second time it was to late to adjust work schedule [bash]
I have my personal shopper going with a list and I'm looking forward to Q the fix more then anything except for anything not Ca compliant to just be a dick .

bzdog
14 January 2017, 18:32
Moar stuff from Radian, V7, BAD and a friggin VP9SK already. Also a MRDS version of the VP9 pleez.

fledge
14 January 2017, 19:09
Radian says builder sets are coming. Erath3 hinted at this too.

Axlnut
14 January 2017, 20:03

Good, because I've been fondling your AXTS upper since it got here - I want one.

fledge
14 January 2017, 20:53
Good, because I've been fondling your AXTS upper since it got here - I want one.

It's a real beauty. I love the design and rail attachment of the upper.

fledge
15 January 2017, 07:10
2a just gave a sneak peak at their Aethon set. Looking forward to more info. Has forward assist for those that like it.

Joelski
15 January 2017, 10:02
Looking forward to the Radian set. Sounds like a perfect home for the SMR 13.

neo9710
16 January 2017, 05:32

Mine is too! Waiting for someone to put their hands one one!

Looks like everyone who predicted it was right. Trijicon 1x8. Wondering what the cost is.

Also wonder if anything new is on the BCM table? Maybe something chambered in .308? A man can always wish. Also looks like Streamlight and Foursevens is trying to step up their game. Streamlight came out with the "1,000 lumen Protac® Rail Mount HL-X tactical flashlight with dual fuel" and the TLR 6. Foursevens is coming out with the Sentinel WS1 Weaponlight. Looks like it aimed right towards the Glock 43 and similar. Not a fan of rechargeables in a weaponlight but curious i fsomeoen puts their hands on it.

Slippers - Can I assume correctly that when this comes out it will an offering with your mount on your site? (If I broke a rule with this..sorry!)

Slippers
16 January 2017, 12:01
The HL-X? Yes, as long as it's priced reasonably.

schambers
17 January 2017, 07:16
Vltor is making an AK!!??! Why didn't I hear about this earlier?

Also, someone please get me a hat from Q

SINNER
17 January 2017, 07:56

What?

Pyzik
17 January 2017, 08:41

Also, someone please get me a hat from Q
I saw they're post just this morning. I am have a feeling it's AK furniture but...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pyzik
17 January 2017, 08:52
What?
Posted yesterday.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/16142563_1414532708578934_6671525834709331515_n.jp g?oh=723adae80a841a46827c2d1daf1c11af&oe=590B7265

They posted this just a bit ago.... "Meh". Maybe what they're calling a "midlength" will be interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/vltorweaponsystems/videos/1415216578510547/

schambers
17 January 2017, 09:02
Booo. Was definitely hoping for a full gun. They made RPK' or PKM's (can't remember which) for a while so i thought a standard Ak wouldn't be to far outside of their wheelhouse

Posted yesterday.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/16142563_1414532708578934_6671525834709331515_n.jp g?oh=723adae80a841a46827c2d1daf1c11af&oe=590B7265

They posted this just a bit ago.... "Meh". Maybe what they're calling a "midlength" will be interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/vltorweaponsystems/videos/1415216578510547/

SINNER
17 January 2017, 09:17
Yeah. Just a hand guard.

titanse05
17 January 2017, 11:34
I have a new CC in hand waiting for Radian to put their stripped upper receivers and handguards on the site. I was hoping the week after Shot Show they would be available.......but I'm sure to be dissappointed.

voodoo_man
17 January 2017, 12:37
Yeah that 1-8 trijicon is sweet as fuck looking. If the glass is more clear than their 1-4 accupower then they just won the internet for shot.

Still waiting for aimpoints micro/rmr style rds...

btw, I'm not there, so SHOT sucks this year.

Axlnut
17 January 2017, 13:37
The VLTOR handguard is intriguing - only the extended she was displaying though. Very similar to my Manticore Alpha extended, but it actually reaches the FSB where the Alpha falls too short - yet too long for a combo block.

Hoping the midlength is for combo blocks, and the standard is for normal handguard replacement.

Anyone want to buy an Alfa Extended ;-) ?

P.S. that wood hydrodip made me lose my lunch. It's "special" alright. My parents Buick growing up had a similar treatment on the dash :P

Joelski
17 January 2017, 15:27
I have a new CC in hand waiting for Radian to put their stripped upper receivers and handguards on the site. I was hoping the week after Shot Show they would be available.......but I'm sure to be dissappointed.

Hopefully they don't fk it up, like UC did.

Joelski
17 January 2017, 15:30
The VLTOR handguard is intriguing - only the extended she was displaying though. Very similar to my Manticore Alpha extended, but it actually reaches the FSB where the Alpha falls too short - yet too long for a combo block.

Hoping the midlength is for combo blocks, and the standard is for normal handguard replacement.

Anyone want to buy an Alfa Extended ;-) ?

P.S. that wood hydrodip made me lose my lunch. It's "special" alright. My parents Buick growing up had a similar treatment on the dash :P

Somebody was saying the North American Auto Show had a retro Jeep Wagoneer complete with fake wood panel trim on the outside... I guess that's a jeep thing too. [:D]

KW900A
17 January 2017, 17:38
I just started an IG account last week. Most of what I follow thus far is gun related. Holy shot show, I feel like I'm there

voodoo_man
18 January 2017, 04:29
I just started an IG account last week. Most of what I follow thus far is gun related. Holy shot show, I feel like I'm there

post your ID so we can stalk, I mean follow you.

SINNER
18 January 2017, 05:25
Yeah that 1-8 trijicon is sweet as fuck looking. If the glass is more clear than their 1-4 accupower then they just won the internet for shot.

Still waiting for aimpoints micro/rmr style rds...

btw, I'm not there, so SHOT sucks this year.

I have not used an Accupower yet. Did they take a step back from the Accupoint versions? My 1-4 and 2.5-10 are both very good optically. I agree the trillium is a little dim unless almost completely dark but clarity they are right with equivalent Leupolds and Vortex optics.

Stone
18 January 2017, 05:57
trillium? Must be a new super secret squirrel mixture.

SINNER
18 January 2017, 06:08
trillium? Must be a new super secret squirrel mixture.

LOL AOTOKORECT at 80mph.

Tritium not trillium

voodoo_man
18 January 2017, 06:10
I have not used an Accupower yet. Did they take a step back from the Accupoint versions? My 1-4 and 2.5-10 are both very good optically. I agree the trillium is a little dim unless almost completely dark but clarity they are right with equivalent Leupolds and Vortex optics.

I am about half way through typing up my review of the accupower. It has a really good eye box and the glass is comfortably clear.

It has its limitations thought.

KW900A
18 January 2017, 06:44
post your ID so we can stalk, I mean follow you.

Well I'm not much to follow, and probably disappointing to stalk, but it's blackfrost18

fledge
22 January 2017, 20:39
Two things I wanted from SHOT that didn't happen:

Nightforce 1-8 announcement.

UBR gen 2 release.

Meanwhile, please get The Fix into the wild.

tact
23 January 2017, 02:17
For whatever reason that cheesy lettering job on the side of the new PST 1-6 is strikingly similar to the strike eagle......and it seems to be like an overpriced SE with a razor reticle.....idk maybe I'm just disappointed in the industry as a whole for the 2017 optic offerings.

n4p226r
23 January 2017, 02:58
I like the "duty" package from agency arms. Wish glock released the g17m/g19m

Slippers
23 January 2017, 05:20
For whatever reason that cheesy lettering job on the side of the new PST 1-6 is strikingly similar to the strike eagle......and it seems to be like an overpriced SE with a razor reticle.....idk maybe I'm just disappointed in the industry as a whole for the 2017 optic offerings.

Have you looked through the new pst 1-6? It's basically the razor in a cheaper tube. Glass is excellent, with the same huge eye box, no distortion, and aimpoint bright illumination.

Fledge, the NF 1-8 was at the show, just not on display to the general public. Estimated release is mid year.

fledge
23 January 2017, 07:39
Fledge, the NF 1-8 was at the show, just not on display to the general public. Estimated release is mid year.

Thanks! Any word on the UBR gen 2? I guess at this point any word would be doubted anyway.

Tyrannosaur
23 January 2017, 09:35
I wanted to see NF 1-8 too, glad it will be released this year potentially. Sounds like the Trijicon 1-8 was a disappointment to people. Maybe I'll sell my car for the NF and start riding a bike.

Slippers
23 January 2017, 09:55
Thanks! Any word on the UBR gen 2? I guess at this point any word would be doubted anyway.

Sorry, I don't know. I'm waiting along with you on the UBR 2.

I wanted to see NF 1-8 too, glad it will be released this year potentially. Sounds like the Trijicon 1-8 was a disappointment to people. Maybe I'll sell my car for the NF and start riding a bike.

It's disappointing that the reticle and illumination aren't great, but this is reflected in the price. When you consider that the CQBSS costs $3000+ depending on reticle, the Trijicon is a comparatively good value since the dealer price is around $1100. Plus, the Trijicon reticle is certainly usable at 1x without illumination, so it's not all bad.

If you think you'll be using the Trijicon 1-8 at 8x a lot, then for the same price you can step into a NF 2.5-10x32 which will have a more comfortable eye box, much better reticle, and weigh less. The reticle in the Trijicon at 8x would drive me nuts.

Tyrannosaur
23 January 2017, 11:27
Slippers, sounds like the Trijicon had etched glass is that true?

Slippers
23 January 2017, 11:39
Slippers, sounds like the Trijicon had etched glass is that true?

Yes, it's etched, but I'm curious what else you thought it might be?

Tyrannosaur
23 January 2017, 17:14
Not really sure what I thought it would be. Living in NY there's no shops to see these sout I have to buy them to try them out. Just trying to see if I wanna get one of these or a Burris xtr ii 1-8 for a few hundred less.

Slippers
23 January 2017, 17:18
Not really sure what I thought it would be. Living in NY there's no shops to see these sout I have to buy them to try them out. Just trying to see if I wanna get one of these or a Burris xtr ii 1-8 for a few hundred less.

I'd get the Viper PST Gen 2 1-6 if I wanted something great at 1x and still able to reach out. The market price should be nearly half of the Trijicon 1-8.

BoilerUp
23 January 2017, 17:44
Have you looked through the new pst 1-6? It's basically the razor in a cheaper tube. Glass is excellent, with the same huge eye box, no distortion, and aimpoint bright illumination.

If that's true, Vortex's marketing and messaging completely sucks. Nothing published, and none of their reps at shot, mention anything at all about improvement to the glass in the PST gen 2. It comes across as some Razor features trickling down to the Viper line. I'm starting to form the impression that the gen 2 line is way to justify raising the price of the PST line.

Regarding other 1-6 options, I'm hearing good things about the Sig Tango6 line, and I"m actually excited that they're bringing their Horus-like holdover reticle to more glass, including the Whiskey line. I think Sig is going after the PST.

Joelski
23 January 2017, 18:15
Did Steiner have a booth? Didn't see a peep from anybody about them.

Tyrannosaur
23 January 2017, 20:09
The NF 2.5-10x32 has been on my radar for awhile, along with Vortex razor 1-6. I am interested in the new 1-6 PST so will look into that too. Now I just need some money to blow on thelse new toys

UWone77
24 January 2017, 15:43
Did Steiner have a booth? Didn't see a peep from anybody about them.

Talking to Chris Tran, Steiner did have a booth. He regretted not having enough time to cover them this year.

SINNER
24 January 2017, 17:34
Never really expect much from Steiner at SHOT. I'm kind of surprised they even have a display. Looking on FB it appears NV equipment was the big debut. Need a 3-15. Lol