PDA

View Full Version : Heckler & Koch to Expand in Columbus, Georgia

GOST
12 January 2017, 07:52

January 12, 2017

COLUMBUS, GA – Heckler & Koch, a manufacturer of firearms and accessories, will invest $28.5 million to expand its existing operations in Columbus, Georgia. The new 50,000 square-foot facility in the Corporate Ridge Business Park will be ready in the summer of 2017 at which time HK will consolidate its New Hampshire operations into Columbus.

HK worked closely with the Georgia Department of Economic Development, the Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce and the Development Authority of Columbus prior to making the decision that is expected to create 84 new jobs over the next 2 years.

“HK’s new U.S. factory will make use of advanced manufacturing technologies and will be staffed by German and American engineers and technicians,” said Francisco Hidalgo, CEO of HKUSA. “The HK products will maintain the same level of quality and reliability that the consumer has grown to expect from HK. Our company motto is and will remain ‘No Compromise’.”

“Georgia’s pro-business environment and well-connected logistics network allows manufacturing companies to thrive in our state,” said Georgia Department of Economic Development Commissioner Pat Wilson. “Heckler & Koch’s decision to expand its existing operations corroborates our efforts to not only attract companies to Georgia, but to also retain them and support their growth. We look forward to working with our partners in Columbus to support HK in all of their endeavors.”

“One of our main priorities is to assist existing companies to achieve success,” said Brian Anderson, president & CEO of the Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce. “By taking time to understand HK’s business, our team was able to provide the company access to valuable resources and guidance that will keep them firmly planted in the Columbus region.

“HK has been a company that has quietly excelled in Columbus for many years and we are certainly excited about their investment and plans to hire more people,” said Russ Carreker, chairman of the Development Authority of Columbus. “Columbus is a great place to achieve business success and we’re grateful HK chose to grow its business here.”

http://hk-usa.com/heckler-koch-expand-columbus-georgia/

Deadwing
13 January 2017, 23:53
As a Koch fiend, i'm pretty stoked about this. I hope this opens the door to all sorts of HK awesomeness that we otherwise wouldn't be able to get our hands on. And i further hope it doesn't shut off the supply of German made HKs for the US market. I like my German guns to be German made when at all possible.