PDA

View Full Version : VIPER® PST GEN II 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE

GOST
12 January 2017, 19:39

This updated favorite hands an unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots. The illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. The reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting.
Dual use for Shooting Tactical / Hunting • US Patent 7,937,879

VIP Warranty XD Lens Elements XR Coatings ArmorTek Argon Purged Waterproof
Magnification 1-6 x
Objective Lens Diameter 24 mm
Eye Relief 3.8 in
Field of View 112.5-18.8 feet/100 yards
Tube Size 30 mm
Turret Style Capped
Adjustment Graduation .2 MRAD
Travel per Rotation 20 MRAD
Max Elevation Adjustment 46 MRAD
Max Windage Adjustment 46 MRAD
Parallax Setting 100 yards
Length 10.9 inches
Weight 22.7 ounces

MSRP $999.99

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-vmr-2-mrad-reticle

UWone77
12 January 2017, 19:45
Just based on appearances, it looks like they just reworked the Strike Eagle.

GOST
12 January 2017, 19:48
Looks almost like a repackaged Razor at a lower price, and that's a good thing. Optics Planet is pre-selling these for $699.99, and there are 10% off codes that may work.

GOST
12 January 2017, 19:52
Just based on appearances, it looks like they just reworked the Strike Eagle.

They may have. The specs are closer to the Razor, maybe it's a Strike Eagle in a Razors body. It'll be able to us either restroom at Target.

BoilerUp
12 January 2017, 19:57
I love Vortex and this looks OK but I think they are making a mistake by killing the PST 1-4x24. For a few hundred bucks less, the gen 1 PST 1-4x24 has a reticle that I prefer and weighs half a pound less. I still haven't found anything I need to do at 6x that I can't also do at 4x. It seems like there is plenty of room for both in the lineup. The website does not indicate the reticle is glass etched (like the gen 1) and there is nothing in the marketing material that indicates any improvement in glass quality / optical clarity. Honestly I'm a little disappointed and am starting to feel like I should try to snap up one or two of the Gen 1 PSTs before they're gone.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 January 2017, 20:38
I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and performs.

UWone77
12 January 2017, 20:44
I love Vortex and this looks OK but I think they are making a mistake by killing the PST 1-4x24. For a few hundred bucks less, the gen 1 PST 1-4x24 has a reticle that I prefer and weighs half a pound less. I still haven't found anything I need to do at 6x that I can't also do at 4x. It seems like there is plenty of room for both in the lineup. The website does not indicate the reticle is glass etched (like the gen 1) and there is nothing in the marketing material that indicates any improvement in glass quality / optical clarity. Honestly I'm a little disappointed and am starting to feel like I should try to snap up one or two of the Gen 1 PSTs before they're gone.

You'll be able to pick up 1-4x24's all day on the secondary market for cheap is my guess.

GOST
12 January 2017, 20:55
I know people are gonna flame me for saying this, but I prefer a Burris MTAC 1-4 over the Viper.

UWone77
12 January 2017, 20:57
I know people are gonna flame me for saying this, but I prefer a Burris MTAC 1-4 over the Viper.

The MTAC is a great scope for the Money. I love mine and shot it exclusively for over a year on a carbine.

BoilerUp
12 January 2017, 21:38
You'll be able to pick up 1-4x24's all day on the secondary market for cheap is my guess.

Of course you're probably right. I'm a bit more concerned about finding a 6-24x50 FFP

voodoo_man
13 January 2017, 02:56
I like to see these newer 1-6x optics get developed.

1-4x optics are going to be as cheap as 1-6x optics in the next two to three years and there just won't be a reason to own one over the other. The strike eagle isn't that great. I found the eye box to be restrictive and the field of view to be condensed.

I'll look forward to this development.

ZhouJett
6 September 2018, 22:31
No.. More Like looks Identical to a Razor.. Just bought one.. Loving it..
Closer to a Razor then a Strike Eagle.. Razor Superior Gas becomes evident past 150 yds
compared to Gen 2 but costs twice as much.. Ill settle for the Gen 2 for now..

tact
7 September 2018, 06:24
No.. More Like Identical to a Razor.. Just bought one.. Loving it..

The PST is not identical to the Razor....nor will it handle much abuse.

voodoo_man
7 September 2018, 11:06
...is it or is it not? I assume its not, but I assume its just a little bit better than the strike eagles (which are pretty damn good)

Joelski
8 September 2018, 14:56
Just based on appearances, it looks like they just reworked the Strike Eagle.Nothing compelling me to move up from my trijicon 1-4x.

DISCOM
8 September 2018, 15:52
Nothing compelling me to move up from my trijicon 1-4x.

You should try a Kahles K16i 1-6 [BD]

UWone77
8 September 2018, 16:02

Joelski doesn't have that kind of scratch. [:D]

voodoo_man
9 September 2018, 04:47
Nothing compelling me to move up from my trijicon 1-4x.

1-4?

How's the Stone age feel?

Lol

Joelski
9 September 2018, 05:46
Joelski doesn't have that kind of scratch. [:D]I'm not at photographer.

Joelski
9 September 2018, 05:48
1-4?

How's the Stone age feel?

LolRead your last two posts, make up your mind, and once you figure out the strike eagle, maybe you can school me on high tech.

UWone77
9 September 2018, 06:37
I'm not at photographer.

I would bet most guys running any kind of "free" optic here in photos are either loaners, or dummies.

Read your last two posts, make up your mind, and once you figure out the strike eagle, maybe you can school me on high tech.

LOL. Ok that's funny.

voodoo_man
9 September 2018, 07:07
Read your last two posts, make up your mind, and once you figure out the strike eagle, maybe you can school me on high tech.

Cute, except if I don't use it how will I possibly know how they function? Should I take the word of someone whose using ancient tech?

[pop]

FortTom
9 September 2018, 07:28
Fight! ….Fight!.....[bash] ;)

Joelski
9 September 2018, 12:04
Cute, except if I don't use it how will I possibly know how they function? Should I take the word of someone whose using ancient tech?

[pop]

I bought my dino last year on advice from this forum, so if you're going to eat here, you should probably shit someplace else.

ZhouJett
9 September 2018, 12:10
American Defense has a optics Combo package w their best mount (Delta-C) the best deal on a Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 I’ve seen for about $750.. (mine shown here) that’s like getting their best mount for free.. The Razor HD Gen 2E 1-6x24 w Delta-C mount is around around $1450.. https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1268/ check it out..Name: FA352615-1252-41F6-B284-7D786BDA9449.jpeg
Views: 32
Size: 969.0 KB

FortTom
9 September 2018, 12:12
I bought my dino last year on advice from this forum, so if you're going to eat here, you should probably shit someplace else.

And Joelski lands a devastating punch to the jaw of Voodoo, can he recover, or is that going to be the final blow????[wow]

(just kidding guys)

FT[pop]

ZhouJett
9 September 2018, 12:15
Like the PST Gen 2s reticle and Turrets better than Kahles K16i.... PST Gen 2 is 90% of a Razor HD at 1/2 the price..

American Defense has a optics Combo package w their best mount (Delta-C) the best deal on a Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 I’ve seen for about $750.. that’s like getting their best mount for free.. The Razor HD Gen 2E 1-6x24 w Delta-C mount is around $1450..

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/1281/

People choose what they buy for all kinds of reasons..
To Each His own...

Joelski
9 September 2018, 12:18

I have no doubt that's a great optic. I'm covered with low power. My next one will be a 3-14X-ish for my mini-DMR (Scope-less SPR). That will probably be something in the higher dollar category.

voodoo_man
9 September 2018, 13:39

Getting your advice from one particular forum...that's just faulty logic.

I wouldn't trust half these guys with making a sandwich, let alone building a rifle or parts recommendations.

edit - that's sarcasm btw, before someone else gets their panties in a bunch.

ChattanoogaPhil
9 September 2018, 15:24
Shit... now you tell me! I just purchased a Fortis end plate/castle nut based soley on what I read here.

Slippers
9 September 2018, 16:58
Not even close to a razor 1-6. Illumination is much dimmer. Build quality is worse. Optical quality is worse.

ZhouJett
9 September 2018, 22:16

Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 lives on.. "Ranger".. (Looks like the old one to me..)
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-ranger_1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-moa-reticle

ZhouJett
9 September 2018, 23:20
Had a MTAC 1-4x24 on a LR-308 long ago .. i got tired of that big red dot..
Recently i found the Burris "Forever Warranty" wasnt "Forever" after all w
a Burris AR-Laser (Steiner ITAL-C) i bought at Optics Planet..
https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-ar-laser-w-5mw-red-laser.html
Notice the Burris Forever Warranty link on the page..
Will never Buy another Burris Product again..