PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon AccuPower® 1-8x28 Scope

GOST
15 January 2017, 23:38

The Trijicon 1-8x28 AccuPower® is the versatile riflescope perfect for competitive, tactical, and sporting applications. This is the optic of choice, whether running and gunning, hitting steel, or staring down dangerous game. A true 1x with 8x optical zoom and a first focal plane reticle, it offers both rapid target engagement and long-range precision.

Available with either a red or green illuminated reticle, the universal segmented circle/MOA reticle is designed for multi-platform use, accommodating multiple calibers, ammunition weights, and barrel lengths. The first focal plane reticle allows subtensions and drops to remain true at any magnification, allowing the shooter to quickly and accurately apply the correct hold. Powered by a single CR2032 lithium battery, it has an easy-to-operate brightness adjustment dial with eleven brightness settings and an “off” feature between each setting. With fully multi-coated broadband anti-reflective glass, the 34mm tube and 28mm objective lens offer a combination of superior optical clarity and brightness.

MOA Reticle

MIL Reticle

Magnification 1-8x
Objective Size (mm) 28mm
Bullet Drop Compensator No
Weight (oz) 25 / 708g
Illumination Source Battery
Reticle Pattern Segmented Circle Crosshair MOA or MIL
Click here for chart.
Day Reticle Color Red or Green
Night Reticle Color Red or Green
Bindon Aiming Concept Yes
Eye Relief (in) 4.0 - 3.9 in (101 - 99mm)
Exit Pupil (mm) 0.46 - 0.14 in. (11.8 - 3.5mm)
Field of View (Degrees) 20° - 2.5°
Field of View @ 100 yards (ft) 109.2 - 13.1 ft. (36.4 - 4.4m @ 100m)
Adjustment @ 100 yards (clicks/in) 1/4 MOA per click
Tube Size 34mm
Housing Material 6061-T6, black hard coat anodized
Battery Life >31 hours at max brightness
Dimensions Click here for chart.
Focal Plane First
Adjustment Range 100 MOA Total Travel
Dimensions (LxWxH) 10.8 in (274 mm) x 3.1 in (78.7 mm) x 2.7 in (68.6 mm)
Waterproof 10ft. (3m.)

MSRP $1699.00

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RS27-C-1900026

UWone77
16 January 2017, 00:39
34mm... beefy. I'm guessing street price around $1300ish. I'm liking this. I'll see how much more the NF is first though.

Slippers
16 January 2017, 02:17
FFP and has the same run time as the 1-4 model, which isn't daylight bright. Hmmm. That may make 1x difficult to use in bright sunlight, since the reticle will be very tiny.

Hopefully Trijicon has figured out how to crank the brightness way up.

Also, typical mediocre reticle options.

Will swing by Trijicon this week and take a look.

Tyrannosaur
16 January 2017, 05:16
I'm sold, but as UWone77 said I wanna see NF offering. But still I have a home for this if need be and finances allow

JGifford
16 January 2017, 06:24
Not sure if the NF is going to be public there year, honestly. I hope it is. It was at SHOT last year, too. Just not public.

BoilerUp
16 January 2017, 07:55
I think I'd like it better if it was SFP, especially if that let them knock one or two bills off the price.

Slippers
18 January 2017, 18:04
Laid hands on it today. The illumination is the same as the 1-4. Not daylight bright. The reticle becomes huge at 8x, and covers up way too much.

The price isn't too bad, but I'll wait for the NF.

Edit: this is max brightness and appears much brighter in the photo than in reality.

http://i.imgur.com/IVFT9w4.jpg

GOST
18 January 2017, 19:14
Slippers did you get a chance to checkout a Vortex Viper 1-6?

Slippers
18 January 2017, 23:09
Slippers did you get a chance to checkout a Vortex Viper 1-6?

Yep. It's good. Basically a razor 1-6 that weighs a few oz less and costs half as much. It loses the locking illumination dial but I didn't like it on the razor anyway. I have one on order through the vortex pro deal already, if that says anything.

UWone77
18 January 2017, 23:14
Yep. It's good. Basically a razor 1-6 that weighs a few oz less and costs half as much. It loses the locking illumination dial but I didn't like it on the razor anyway. I have one on order through the vortex pro deal already, if that says anything.

Must be decent then! I plan on ordering a couple at the end of the year.

tact
19 January 2017, 01:56

There has to be more difference than just the locking illum dial. I am assuming the glass isn't razor glass or something else perhaps....thoughts?

GOST
19 January 2017, 02:18
Thanks Slippers, I want one now.

SINNER
19 January 2017, 05:43
I'm done with Vortex. There is a reason the first thing you hear is how great their warranty is. 2.5-10 with 100 rounds through the rifle and now the zoom locked up solid. Out of the 6 Vortex optics I've owned 4 have been returned for warranty work. 9 different Trijicons and only 1 issue that was my fault.

Slippers
19 January 2017, 07:14
There has to be more difference than just the locking illum dial. I am assuming the glass isn't razor glass or something else perhaps....thoughts?

Viper pst line is not made in the USA. Aesthetics aren't as nice. Magnification ring is not as good. Doesn't feel like the same build quality.

Optically it's pretty darn close to my razor. The illumination on the viper gen 2 is the same as the razor, basically an aimpoint. (Edit: clarified so someone doesn't think I'm talking about the Trijicon 1-8, which has crap illumination)

BC98
19 January 2017, 08:48
Viper pst line is not made in the USA. Aesthetics aren't as nice. Magnification ring is not as good. Doesn't feel like the same build quality.

Optically it's pretty darn close to my razor. The illumination on the viper gen 2 is the same as the razor, basically an aimpoint.

For clarification, Razors aren't made in the US either. They come out of Japan. I believe the Vipers are out of the Phillipines.

gatordev
19 January 2017, 09:04
The price isn't too bad, but I'll wait for the NF.

Oh, but how long will that wait be? That is the question.

Liberal_Strong
24 January 2017, 19:19
ooo i hope they have this for dsiplay at NRA AM this year.