PDA

View Full Version : Gun Related Politics/Legal section?

alamo5000
16 January 2017, 13:12
I am putting this out there for discussion and possibly a suggestion for the forum. How about creating a running thread and/or a section for updates and discussion on legislative issues regarding firearms?

There is a ton of information here and a bunch of different threads, but just for organizational purposes I think funneling all that into one place would be helpful for those wanting to keep up. I think a lot of people want to discuss it so what are the odds we could have a dedicated section for it?

It's not just the HPA but it could cover things that are state or national level things that can or are currently being discussed.

It potentially could even include things like "I want to take my SBR from Texas to Florida so what do I do?" kind of threads.

Whatever the format is I think it would help to keep track and follow the discussions.

What do ya'll think?

GOST
19 January 2017, 15:05
I try to stay away from legal advice.

UWone77
19 January 2017, 15:05
Best suited for the lounge area IMHO.

SINNER
19 January 2017, 15:06
I save all Politics for Facebook. More rewarding to actually see them unfriend you.

alamo5000
19 January 2017, 17:09
I try to stay away from legal advice.

I wasn't going straight for legal advice or whatever. Just a common place to get updates and discuss things like 41P/41F/HPA, that national carry law etc etc...

Just throwing an idea out there...

Best suited for the lounge area IMHO.

Absolutely agree. Definitely a lounge type topic. And I definitely think it should never dominate WEVO...not even close... but for those of us who are interested in keeping up with happenings.

If you guys aren't really keen to the idea that's no problem. It's not like it won't get a mention here if something changes.

velocity2006
21 January 2017, 14:47
I think most of us are on the same page politically for the most part.

fledge
21 January 2017, 15:43
I get various gun lobby group alerts for info. NRA has an app now that covers national and state level issues.

I enjoy cruising the M4C political threads just for opinions and obscure links. IMO, if we had a section here it would either be redundant or quiet, apart from the trolls who would be on it like bears on honey. For detailed info on laws I either contact my attorney or use the search engine.

UWone77
21 January 2017, 16:02
I get various gun lobby group alerts for info. NRA has an app now that covers national and state level issues.

I enjoy cruising the M4C political threads just for opinions and obscure links. IMO, if we had a section here it would either be redundant or quiet, apart from the trolls who would be on it like bears on honey. For detailed info on laws I either contact my attorney or use the search engine.

Basically why I rarely cruise through m4c anymore. The place turned nasty after politics took to the forefront on that forum.

GOST
21 January 2017, 19:55
I'm with UW on this, politics stink and make for a bad read. If people want to discuss politics there's plenty on Facebook and M4C. I don't think Alamo was wanting a political arena, but I think legal advice is best left up to the professionals. There's a reason the other forums don't peddle pussy patches, they're to worried about what everyone else thinks.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 January 2017, 20:13
My local forum has a battlefield area that you can request once a member long enough.. no holds barred area that has any and every topic. Politics arent the best for forums and legal area isnt good unless we have a bunch of lawyers here willing to give free advise...

SINNER
21 January 2017, 20:35
Ask away. Free medical or legal advice anytime.

alamo5000
21 January 2017, 22:40
I don't think Alamo was wanting a political arena

Even though most of us probably agree on a lot of stuff the idea in my head (and specifically for this thread) was exactly NOT to have a general politics section. We could easily flood the forum with general politics stuff and it wouldn't take very long to do that. Not at all the intention.

What the idea I did have was to devote a small section specifically for gun related/firearms related stuff on topics we already cover here from time to time. I am not even close to thinking that it should be 'free legal advice', but rather threads like "Iowa now allows suppressor use" or "The HPA was reintroduced to Congress" or topics like whatever that SBR law they had in Washington was...

Just to merely bunch those threads/topics into one general area...

Stone
21 January 2017, 23:07
Two great petitions to sign! REPEAL THE NFA and INVESTIGATE HILARY CLINTON! FriggenA

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

Aragorn
22 January 2017, 08:08
Two great petitions to sign! REPEAL THE NFA and INVESTIGATE HILARY CLINTON! FriggenA

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

Signed both.

FortTom
22 January 2017, 14:10
I don't want to be political, I just want to be Dictator of the United State of Kentucky.:mad: