PDA

View Full Version : Dual Suppressed .300 BLK Build

JoshAston
18 January 2017, 07:57

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173129/gas-valve-113824.jpg

Few more details to finish up, but it's getting close. Need to drill the port in the gas valve, trim the excess off of the valve, fabricate the interior gas block, port the barrel, and modify the handguard so that the gas valve can be used. Then I'll move on to the lower. Still need to decide on what stock to use and optics.

Pyzik
18 January 2017, 08:01
Wow. That's cool. Pretty heavy up front?

JoshAston
18 January 2017, 08:07
Wow. That's cool. Pretty heavy up front?No, the Griffin minimalist, gas valve, and blast baffle are 17-4. Everything else is Ti.

SINNER
18 January 2017, 09:19
What's the goal? Any set Db limit you are shooting for?

JoshAston
18 January 2017, 09:29
What's the goal? Any set Db limit you are shooting for?Years ago when the AAC Honey Badger came out the rumor was that it had two suppressors, an integral blast chamber under the handguard and the detachable suppressor up front. I said to myself, "I can do that". I have no idea if it'll even work, how quiet it will be, don't really have any expectations. I'm just hoping it at least cycles on the first shot.

Uffdaphil
18 January 2017, 09:35
Sounds like a great project. I have no idea how the rear can functions. The front looks to work just as my Recce 7. I would love to see a gas path diagram of what's going on in the caboose.

schambers
18 January 2017, 12:31
OP,

Is this something your working on?

Just curious to know what the advantage of this design is v. a single, really long suppressor? How long is the barrel? Is this a three-stamp gun?

Joelski
18 January 2017, 13:45
I'm gonna guess he's an SOT/Class III Manufacturer.

Hell of a project! I so want a honeybadger, just not sure about the hand-cooker rail. DD offers an integrally suppressed 300, so I'm sure that works without welder's gloves, just not seen it first-hand to get my brain wrapped around the concept. Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing more about this build!

JoshAston
18 January 2017, 14:09
OP,

Is this something your working on?

Just curious to know what the advantage of this design is v. a single, really long suppressor? How long is the barrel? Is this a three-stamp gun?

It is. I can take the front suppressor off and have a really short gun. I doubt the integral suppressor will do much on its own, it's just an expansion chamber, no baffles. But it should increase the efficiency of the front suppressor which is only 5.5" long. It's a 7.5" barrel. And yes, 3 stamps.

JoshAston
18 January 2017, 14:11
I'm gonna guess he's an SOT/Class III Manufacturer.

Nope, just a regular guy. I do plan on getting the FFL/SOT once I'm in a free state, but that's a few years away.

alamo5000
18 January 2017, 20:05
Watching with interest.

I too am interested in how this thing works.

If the rear has no baffles I assume it's ported like the older (original) Gemtech Mist .22 barrels?

Anyway when do you plan to test fire this thing?

JoshAston
19 January 2017, 04:47
Anyway when do you plan to test fire this thing?

As soon as I get it finished. This thing has been in the works for years. But I'm hoping to have it done in the next couple of months. I'm one of those that takes on half a dozen projects at once, then adds new ones every couple of weeks. So sometimes it takes a while for things to get done.

GOST
19 January 2017, 05:50
Hope it works, will be interesting to see how hot it runs.