PDA

View Full Version : Leupold LTO-Tracker Thermal Optic

GOST
18 January 2017, 14:01
The all new Leupold LTO-Tracker allows hunters to better understand their surroundings, easily recover game and have more success in the field. The compact thermal imager is only 5.6 inches long and weighs less than 10 ounces, allowing it to be carried comfortably in any pocket. It features a 21 degree field of view, 6x digital zoom, and has a thermal detection distance of up to 600 yards. The LTO-Tracker has 6 optional thermal palettes and a user controlled reticle for quick acquisition of the target. Above all, the LTO-Tracker sports a Leupold Gold Ring and is Designed, Machined, and Assembled in the United States. Add the LTO-Tracker to your pack and change the way you hunt forever.

– Thermal Sensor: 206 x 156
– Operating Temperature: -4F to 140F
– Temperature Detection Range: -40F to 572F
– Fixed Focus With 6X Digital Zoom
– Display: Direct View 1.22″ Round
– Display Resolution: 240 x 204 px
– Startup Time: < 3 seconds
– Detection Distance: 600 Yards
– Battery: CR123 – 10 Hours Continuous Use

MSRP $874.99 (Street price $699.99 at most retailers)

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/thermal/lto/lto-tracker/

alamo5000
19 January 2017, 19:19
That could be interesting.

Stone
19 January 2017, 21:44
Sweet little gadget there. Wonder if that could be mounted to a rifle...

Sak007
19 January 2017, 22:24
I assume you could with appropriate diameter flashlight mount . It's tiny I looked at one at the gun shop last week the display is maybe a bit smaller then a half dollar , I would pick one up for around half its current price maybe .

schambers
19 January 2017, 23:06

I seem to recall being told that the LTO has a 30mm main tube, so it can theoretically be mounted to a rifle. Don't know how robust the construction is and it may not hold up to recoil.

The unit was originally designed as a relativly inexpensive, compact thermal you can carry in your pocket for use in spotting and tracking.

I really doubt that its compatible with optics and you definately can't use it as a stand-alone aiming device. The use case I would imagine for mounting it on a rifle would be to mount in the 3 or 9 o'clock position, or offset to an optic. Seems like it loses some of its utility when you do that though.

Pyzik
20 January 2017, 04:39
Saw this on FB yesterday. That's pretty sweet.