PDA

View Full Version : Knights Armament Stripped Lowers

UWone77
18 January 2017, 22:52
Stripped Lowers Coming Soon!!

https://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/stripped-lower/?cate_cm=military&term=miscellaneous-military&features=stripped-lower

Knight’s “Stoner Rifle” (https://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/stripped-lower/?cate_cm=military&term=miscellaneous-military&features=stripped-lower) marked traditional TDP style stripped lower receivers. 7075 aluminum alloy with a Type III, Class 2 anodized surface treatment. All pin hole sizes are traditional “Mil-Spec”, TDP
compliant dimensions. This is a unique opportunity to match KAC uppers with high-quality low-cost KAC lower receivers. Knight’s lower receiver parts and controls are available to complete the assembly.

din
19 January 2017, 00:06
I think their definition of low cost is probably a lot different than mine. I'm still going to need one.

GOST
19 January 2017, 02:14
To bad they are not the SR-15 lowers, but I still need one.

Joelski
19 January 2017, 03:14
I think their definition of low cost is probably a lot different than mine. I'm still going to need one.

Still won't be as expensive as Erathr3.

SINNER
19 January 2017, 05:38
I will be grabbing a few of these. I still have 2 of their uppers that have never been shot. And the price is relative. I've seen complete Knights lowers sell for more than most rifles. I'm certain they are not looking to compete with Anderson or Spikes.

Stone
19 January 2017, 06:29
Are they going to sell them on their site or will they be sold by a distributor? Anybody know where to get one of their stripped uppers to match?

gatordev
19 January 2017, 09:09
I saw last night that the price was supposedly $150, according to a picture from the floor. That puts it in the category of something I don't need, but will probably try and grab since I have a SR-15 upper. Also, I read 3rd hand that Ayan has already put in an order for a batch of these, so I'd keep your eyes open there. I wouldn't be surprised if Op Parts gets some, as well.

Joelski
19 January 2017, 09:18
150 ain't bad atall!

fledge
19 January 2017, 12:21
That's cheaper than a Noveske stripped forged lower. I'll grab one when available.

UWone77
19 January 2017, 12:59
My guess is they'll be limited as all KAC things are. Months long backorders, and lots of unhappy people! [:D]

Stone
19 January 2017, 21:42
Its $195 and I just ordered 3! Woohoo!! They are selling like hotcakes.

usbp379
20 January 2017, 04:29
Its $195 and I just ordered 2! Woohoo!! They are selling like hotcakes.
Where did you order from?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Stone
20 January 2017, 04:59
http://www.smallarmsales.com/default.asp

These will go fast. They had 50 in stock last night at 11pm as of now its 23

GOST
20 January 2017, 05:07
http://www.smallarmsales.com/product-p/22360.htm
They are pre-selling them, they don't have them in hand yet. This is the sister company to Operation Parts.

usbp379
20 January 2017, 05:56
Thanks

gatordev
20 January 2017, 06:00
Ayan has them listed as well. However, since he's in FL, the tax is killing the deal with boltcarrier.com.

BoilerUp
20 January 2017, 13:56
This is mil-spec, not the ambi, right? So, a $60 receiver and a $130 roll mark? Or am I missing something?

usbp379
20 January 2017, 14:18
This is mil-spec, not the ambi, right? So, a $60 receiver and a $130 roll mark? Or am I missing something?
Nope. That's what it is.

GOST
20 January 2017, 14:41

UW has shamed people into not buying cheap lowers.[BD]

gatordev
20 January 2017, 14:42

Some folks blow their load on sculpted billet upper and lowers along with various unique rail designs. Others enjoy a roll mark from time to time. But I know you know this. While it doesn't actually solve anything, it will be nice to have my SR-15 have a matching lower now (eventually).

Stone
20 January 2017, 14:42
Most decent receivers are running around $120. Yeah its the name, and the company does make quality stuff. But if they stay on par for delivering their merchandise like UW said and from what I have seen online, in about 3 months they will be unobtanium. I kicked myself in the past for not buying a few lowers that I really wanted and sure enough not long after those companies stopped making them. The BAD forged receivers are running 190 as well, are they worth it? Maybe. Sometimes we get smoking hot deals and sometimes we overpay a little to get the parts we really want. For the most part over the last few years I have been able to wait until black Friday and the 30-40% off sales to pick up what I want. So the way I see it is I am still miles ahead.

Looks like both sites added an additional 25 receivers to their inventory.[pop]

SINNER
20 January 2017, 15:35
Grabbed 3 today. More tax stamps now...Never ends.

UWone77
20 January 2017, 17:44

Be better than the PSA and Anderson Roll mark... Be better than the GAP [:D]

Some folks blow their load on sculpted billet upper and lowers along with various unique rail designs. Others enjoy a roll mark from time to time. But I know you know this. While it doesn't actually solve anything, it will be nice to have my SR-15 have a matching lower now (eventually).

Yeah I think it's a nice niche to fill for guys who wanted matching lowers for their SR-15 Uppers.

I already have 3 KAC factory rifles, so I'm not jumping on this as fast as I thought I would. I'll probably get 2 eventually, but I really have no need for $200 Lowers. I think this is good on KAC's part for a couple of reasons. First it gives hope that KAC will release more parts to the civilian market. Honestly never thought I'd see stripped lowers. Second the price point is higher, but not as outrageous as I thought i would be. I figured they'd ask $299.

Personally I'm glad they kept the ambi features off, it keeps the price cheaper and if they keep that model, you can easily tell what were factory built lowers vs, someone who put a DPMS Parts kit in it.

Joelski
21 January 2017, 05:22
Damn enablers!

[:D]

fledge
21 January 2017, 07:00
Pulled the trigger on one before they become unobtainable. 5 left on pre-order at BoltCarrier.

GOST
21 January 2017, 07:15
What will be more unobtainable, these or Umbrella's?

fledge
21 January 2017, 07:32
The KACs are reported (on M4C) to be a limited release. Time will tell if that's accurate.

Stone
21 January 2017, 09:28
Yeah a limited release wouldn't surprise me at all since they already have issues keeping up with demand. Hah!, Umbrella Corps. is a joke. I have been on the "notify when back in stock" list for about 2 years now. One thing is for sure, they sure know how to loose customers. Maybe someday they will pull their head out of their ass. Or not...

n4p226r
24 January 2017, 11:32
Yeah a limited release wouldn't surprise me at all since they already have issues keeping up with demand. Hah!, Umbrella Corps. is a joke. I have been on the "notify when back in stock" list for about 2 years now. One thing is for sure, they sure know how to loose customers. Maybe someday they will pull their head out of their ass. Or not...

im convinced umbrella doesnt want to make money. either that or its like a 5th job for someone that doesnt have the time or desire to get product made. it's not like they manufacturer it themselves or anything.

mtdawg169
24 January 2017, 13:54
I'm a bit disappointed to see the markup on these from the $150 advertised price. But I guess that's to be expected.

UWone77
24 January 2017, 14:12
im convinced umbrella doesnt want to make money. either that or its like a 5th job for someone that doesnt have the time or desire to get product made. it's not like they manufacturer it themselves or anything.

Yeah, UCWRG just puzzles me, but I am not a business man. If you have a sought after product, I would have just licensed it to a quality manufacturer and have them sell and distribute them. When I check their social media, I always see a lot of angry people asking for ETA's that come and go.

I'm a bit disappointed to see the markup on these from the $150 advertised price. But I guess that's to be expected.

It was to be expected like you said. A sought after item will always be marked up when it first hits the market because of demand. I'm just happy they released them so quickly vs. 6 months later, they give you another 3 month ETA

mtdawg169
24 January 2017, 14:23
Yeah, UCWRG just puzzles me, but I am not a business man. If you have a sought after product, I would have just licensed it to a quality manufacturer and have them sell and distribute them. When I check their social media, I always see a lot of angry people asking for ETA's that come and go.

It was to be expected like you said. A sought after item will always be marked up when it first hits the market because of demand. I'm just happy they released them so quickly vs. 6 months later, they give you another 3 month ETA
The X factor is their definition of "limited". If it's 250, then the premium is somewhat justified. If it's 750 - 1000, maybe it isn't. Whatever it is, I'm going to wait a little longer. I've been a KAC fan for a long time, but there are too many good options available these days for me to justify paying too much more than the suggested retail. But that's just me and others will happily pay more.

UWone77
24 January 2017, 14:29
The X factor is their definition of "limited". If it's 250, then the premium is somewhat justified. If it's 750 - 1000, maybe it isn't. Whatever it is, I'm going to wait a little longer. I've been a KAC fan for a long time, but there are too many good options available these days for me to justify paying too much more than the suggested retail. But that's just me and others will happily pay more.

Pretty much how I feel about this. At first I really wanted a couple, but I already have 3 SR-15's, so I'll either miss out or wait till they are $150. Like you said too many other great options on the market right now.

mtdawg169
24 January 2017, 14:31
Pretty much how I feel about this. At first I really wanted a couple, but I already have 3 SR-15's, so I'll either miss out or wait till they are $150. Like you said too many other great options on the market right now.
Yeah, at $150, I was in for two.

fledge
24 January 2017, 15:41
Speculation was that the $150 number announced at SHOT was dealer pricing, not retail. Not sure how to confirm that.

UWone77
24 January 2017, 15:42
Speculation was that the $150 number announced at SHOT was dealer pricing, not retail. Not sure how to confirm that.

Never intended to pay retail [:D]

gatordev
24 January 2017, 18:01
Some of us also have been promised 10% off the retail price, as well. I'm still waiting to see if that happens, but knocking $20 off the price helps ease the pain...especially for something I really didn't "need."

Liberal_Strong
24 January 2017, 19:14
omfg, i need to get out of cali. my life would be complete with a bastardized self-built KAC rifle.

fledge
25 January 2017, 15:01
From F2S on M4C:

---

The $150 was a special SHOT deal that has now ended. That was the lowest price that they will ever be seen. These have been returned to Dealer only availability, and their pricing is confidential.

These are indeed a limited run, with no expectation of permanency in the line. I don't think that it would ever become a staple, but "never say never" and all that. The intent of these was to get a bunch of SR-15s into the hands of KAC appreciators that might not have the immediate funds available for full guns, or even our upper or lower packages; or to that KAC fan that just needs another great roll-mark.

It was noticed that the old pivot pin and takedown pin counterbore are present. This feature is only present on the first run, and has been removed for following runs.

At some point, we may release the total numbers made, but it won't be a whole lot.

mtdawg169
25 January 2017, 16:40
From F2S on M4C:

---

The $150 was a special SHOT deal that has now ended. That was the lowest price that they will ever be seen. These have been returned to Dealer only availability, and their pricing is confidential.

These are indeed a limited run, with no expectation of permanency in the line. I don't think that it would ever become a staple, but "never say never" and all that. The intent of these was to get a bunch of SR-15s into the hands of KAC appreciators that might not have the immediate funds available for full guns, or even our upper or lower packages; or to that KAC fan that just needs another great roll-mark.

It was noticed that the old pivot pin and takedown pin counterbore are present. This feature is only present on the first run, and has been removed for following runs.

At some point, we may release the total numbers made, but it won't be a whole lot.
I'm still not clear as to whether the "$150" was supposed to be msrp or dealer cost?

Joelski
25 January 2017, 16:46
I just hope somebody at KAC gets drunk and decides to do a run of stripped uppers... And that I have the cash to snag one if it would happen, of course. Pure fantasy I know, but a guy can dream!

UWone77
25 January 2017, 16:47
I just hope somebody at KAC gets drunk and decides to do a run of stripped uppers... And that I have the cash to snag one if it would happen, of course. Pure fantasy I know, but a guy can dream!

Meh, then I will be forced to find an E3 Bolt, Carrier, and barrel extension. I might as well get an factory upper at that point. [:D]

Joelski
25 January 2017, 17:34
Sure, that would be awesome. Us po folk gotta do the piece at-a-time thing. Plus, it's just more runner rolling your own. Factory built is nice and all, but I'll take my Saturday rifles over pretty much any factory-built Friday (or God forbid, Monday) rifles.

That said, I'm sure it'll never happen, but a man can dream, plus it would easily fill the void the SASS contract is going to leave...

I mean I just paid a relative crapload for a forged lower, nothing special. Their niche isn't going to bring the PSA is as good as the *fill the top tier maker of choice*-crowd running.

gatordev
25 January 2017, 17:45
From F2S on M4C:

So yet another employee of KAC is saying that these are crazy rare and should be bought immediately, since the numbers are limited...until they aren't. Shocking that the company wants the buyers to buy them now rather than wait.

I generally like KAC, and I have several KAC rifles and have even ordered this lower, so this isn't sour grapes, but seriously, it's not a huge surprise that KAC capitalizes on it's limited civilian production runs, even if it hides behind "production is limited because we have .gov contracts."

/vent

fledge
25 January 2017, 17:47
I'm still not clear as to whether the "$150" was supposed to be msrp or dealer cost?

Sounds more like "if you attended shot and preordered at the time".

Meh, then I will be forced to find an E3 Bolt, Carrier, and barrel extension. I might as well get an factory upper at that point. [:D]

This is my thinking. Build the lower the way I want. But the KAC upper is where the best pieces are. I'll have a complete upper one of these days.

mtdawg169
25 January 2017, 17:59
So yet another employee of KAC is saying that these are crazy rare and should be bought immediately, since the numbers are limited...until they aren't. Shocking that the company wants the buyers to buy them now rather than wait.

I generally like KAC, and I have several KAC rifles and have even ordered this lower, so this isn't sour grapes, but seriously, it's not a huge surprise that KAC capitalizes on it's limited civilian production runs, even if it hides behind "production is limited because we have .gov contracts."

/vent
That quote from Jack almost sounded like the lowers with the countersunk takedown holes were the "shot show special price" and regular lowers would be available next at a higher price. In other words, selling off the "seconds" at a discount in order to clear out otherwise useless inventory.

This is my thinking. Build the lower the way I want. But the KAC upper is where the best pieces are. I'll have a complete upper one of these days.
At the cost of their separate lowers and uppers, you're better off buying a complete gun and selling whichever half you don't want.

fledge
25 January 2017, 18:53
The countersunk version is a version they've previously made, per the context of the thread. Questions are pending whether it affects anything having it this way.

SINNER
25 January 2017, 18:58
Deals can be had on Knights uppers just like anything else. Trust me on that one. :o

I've been casually looking for a while and for under $300 a piece for new I was in. Planned on that and getting two but when they were under $200 I figured it was still within budget.

fledge
25 January 2017, 20:26
SINNER, if you come across a deal on uppers, please post up.

I got the FFL request today from boltcarrier. Should be shipping by Friday.

UWone77
25 January 2017, 21:57
SINNER, if you come across a deal on uppers, please post up.

I got the FFL request today from boltcarrier. Should be shipping by Friday.

I bought 2 of my SR-15s used. 0 rounds fired through both, and bought them for $1500 and $1600 respectively for the entire gun. I know KAC sells uppers brand new for that. During the post Sandy Hook market crash, I saw someone selling a used SR15 for $1200.... still kicking myself for not picking that up.

fledge
25 January 2017, 22:01
I bought 2 of my SR-15s used. 0 rounds fired through both, and bought them for $1500 and $1600 respectively for the entire gun. I know KAC sells uppers brand new for that. During the post Sandy Hook market crash, I saw someone selling a used SR15 for $1200.... still kicking myself for not picking that up.

I'm hoping the pending glut will present similar deals. For now, I'll slowly build up this lower. Maybe if 41F gets fixed, I'll form 1 it and find an 11.5".

fledge
26 January 2017, 07:05
One more update from KAC. You can catch the updates in M4C if interested.

The countersunk pivot pin holes on the left side were designed years ago to ease pressing out the take down pins. Future models won't have it but will bring the non-ambi lowers into same specs as their ambi, which lacks the countersunk holes.

These shot show receivers are brand new and not seconds nor old stock.

Stone
26 January 2017, 19:16
Why don't you just keep us updated. That place is like a non stop dick comparison party. Gets old real fast. I do appreciate the updates Fledge

fledge
26 January 2017, 21:43
Will do. Just didn't want to be the copy/paste guy. No new updates for now other than mine should ship middle of next week since KAC delayed shipping to boltcarrier to tomorrow.

Joelski
27 January 2017, 04:06
Bc.com was sold out by the time i said what the hell, so I ordered from small arms. Never dealt with them before, but I hope the fact they ran the pre sale puts them near Ayan's tier. Anybody?

gatordev
27 January 2017, 04:32
Bc.com was sold out by the time i said what the hell, so I ordered from small arms. Never dealt with them before, but I hope the fact they ran the pre sale puts them near Ayan's tier. Anybody?

Small Arms is Operation Parts, which is a well-known KAC dealer. I've dealt with them in the past on parts and they were fine. I also had them wrench a rail for me since I don't own a SR-25 wrench and the process was slow, but as advertised. I wouldn't sweat working with them.

Since I'm in FL, Small Arms was cheaper for me than with Ayan, so I'm in the holding pattern to hear from them, like you.

mtdawg169
27 January 2017, 04:47
Small Arms Sales is Operation Parts. I've ordered from them many, many times. They are the original online KAC crack dealer. Before Ayan came along they were practically the only reliable source for KAC products. You did fine, don't worry.

Stone
27 January 2017, 06:10
Good to hear, I ordered mine from SAS as well. I ordered some parts from Operation parts a few days ago and it went out the same day, should be here tomm. Looks like they run a live feed on inventory. And they state "Availability is updated automatically so there is no need to wonder if something listed as "In Stock" is actually available, it's so accurate that we even use the site to know what we have available." Which I thought was pretty cool...

Joelski
27 January 2017, 06:46
Good to hear! I saw some other parts I might pick up while I'm waiting for the lower.

Stone
31 January 2017, 09:26
Just got a shipping email from small arms sales. [:D][pop]

gatordev
31 January 2017, 13:05
Same, same!

mtdawg169
31 January 2017, 13:29
Got my order in with Lawmens today.

SINNER
1 February 2017, 07:24
Shipping notification from Boltcarrier.com today. Glad that is over. LOL Ayan is certainly a unique fellow.

mtdawg169
1 February 2017, 10:04
Lol!

gatordev
1 February 2017, 18:09
Shipping notification from Boltcarrier.com today. Glad that is over. LOL Ayan is certainly a unique fellow.

Glad I'm not the only one who's run into hold-ups.

Joelski
7 February 2017, 11:35
Finally got my shipping notice from smallarms.

Stone
7 February 2017, 11:46
Picked mine up from my FFL last Friday. SAS did 3 day shipping. Cant post pics in this thread for some reason. Oh well, they are in Mail call...

fledge
15 February 2017, 09:43
If your KAC lower has finishing issues you'd like remedied, you can contact them at returnsandrepairs@knightarmco.com.

Contrary to what we were told, some of the lowers with the "8" serial number were old stock that did not undergo their current QC protocols. Mine has serious pits. I didn't inspect it till I heard about the possibility yesterday and opened it up. I've contacted KAC and am waiting for a reply.

Joelski
15 February 2017, 20:16
Mine looks like it was issued a while ago, finish-wise. Not a complaint though. I love the mojo.

fledge
16 February 2017, 06:33
KAC is willing to replace my lower. Last night I oiled it up and took a scotch pad to it. The dents, nicks through anodizing, and the irregular finishing on the front magwell are more obvious. I'll throw some parts in it to see if it's in spec. If so, I'll keep it as a respectable beater as I don't know if another with better finishing will be available.

The thread on M4C about this escalated into a rounding chorus of self-importance masquerading as maturity. Like some of you, I am nearly done there.

BoilerUp
16 February 2017, 06:50
A "respectable beater" stripped lower can be had for $70. I'd either take them up on the offer to replace or ask for something else to balance out the value.

mtdawg169
16 February 2017, 08:40
KAC is willing to replace my lower. Last night I oiled it up and took a scotch pad to it. The dents, nicks through anodizing, and the irregular finishing on the front magwell are more obvious. I'll throw some parts in it to see if it's in spec. If so, I'll keep it as a respectable beater as I don't know if another with better finishing will be available.

The thread on M4C about this escalated into a rounding chorus of self-importance masquerading as maturity. Like some of you, I am nearly done there.
I emailed my info to them yesterday afternoon. Got an RMA # first thing this morning. While frustrating and inconvenient, KAC owned the issue pretty quickly and they do seem willing to make it right.

fledge
16 February 2017, 10:02
A "respectable beater" stripped lower can be had for $70. I'd either take them up on the offer to replace or ask for something else to balance out the value.

I debated it but I have an idea I've wanted to do for a while.

I plan to buy another KAC lower once they iron out QC on these.

GOST
16 February 2017, 10:29
Reminds me of the Noveske Gen 2 lower ordeal.

UWone77
16 February 2017, 10:30
Can't wait to see you guys build them up.

gatordev
16 February 2017, 18:12
I don't have the patience to go over to M4c...other than finish issues, was there any other issues of concern? I guess the inset take down holes? Those don't really bother me as long as the thing is in spec, but wasn't sure if there was some other issue their initial batch had.

mtdawg169
16 February 2017, 18:49
I don't have the patience to go over to M4c...other than finish issues, was there any other issues of concern? I guess the inset take down holes? Those don't really bother me as long as the thing is in spec, but wasn't sure if there was some other issue their initial batch had.
No, just finish issues. I've seen a few completed builds on FB already. No reports of spec issues at all. Only cosmetic. And that started to rear its head in the KAC industry forum on arfcom first. Funny thing is, mine is not in the "8" serial number range.

Stone
16 February 2017, 18:54
I've been reading through the posts with the finish issues and I am still confused as to what the problem is. I have 3 of the "8" lowers. The anodizing isn't the best and one of them has a small ding on the bottom of the magwell but beyond that I am not seeing anything else. Anything I should be looking for?

fledge
16 February 2017, 18:58
No other issue has been reported. The inset holes are intentional but for an older design. The new lowers won't have them. So they are unique in that. They've now reported this was old inventory and that current QC protocols are in place going forward.

I suspect the original QC standard for these was high on spec and low on finish. Enough to build rifles for the field.

fledge
16 February 2017, 19:01
Stone, mine is an "8". It has small nicks to bare metal, irregular machining on front of magwell and some pits along the mag button fence. I have PSA blem lowers that look better than this. But, hey, it's battleworn out of the box.

Stone
16 February 2017, 19:05
Thanks brother, I'm gonna pull mine out again and take another look at them. I'm the same way, a few minor dings are nothing compared to what I am going to do to it once its built. Did you get yours from SAS?

ETA: I just looked them over and found more gouge marks from what looks like the machining process. Looks like the bit got dragged across the magwell flare. Two out of three have these gouges. I sent them an email to see what they say. It would be nice if they could re-produce them with the same serial numbers since I already paid for the transfer and they are sequential.

fledge
16 February 2017, 21:02
Sequential numbers would be awesome. They should direct ship to you replacements without transfer since that falls under warranty.

I got mine from BoltCarrier.

gatordev
17 February 2017, 04:07
Thanks gents. I'll pull mine out again and have a look, but on the first pass, it was finish issues, which realistically isn't an issue. Sure, it would be nice if it started perfect for me to then "age" with use, but meh.

JSchell1309
20 February 2017, 16:49
Anyone ever order from NSDefense below? I just placed an order and noticed it's for "pre order." Shot them an email seeing when they thought they would have them in stock. Should have jumped on the initial batch from boltcarrier.

This will be my first dip into KAC products, i feel like this is the next stage of black rifle disease.

https://www.nsdefense.us/products/kac-knights-armament-company-stripped-lower-receiver-nonambi

Edit: just heard back from NS, Kac has told them 2 weeks and they will have their shipment, not bad.

Vgex
21 February 2017, 12:15
Been following the multiple threads on this issue. While not a huge deal, the blemishes were unexpected coming from KAC. The service dept is taking care of me, as I sent the lower back today.

If I knew I was going to build out the lower and not sell it down the road, it would have been easy to get over the blemishes. However, I already have more lowers than uppers, so I too advantage of their service dept.

This situation in no way effects my perceptions of KAC.

UWone77
1 March 2017, 19:43
So what's the verdict?

Should I buy one?

Joelski
1 March 2017, 20:15
You have to ask?

Stone
1 March 2017, 20:15
Its been two weeks since I emailed them and still haven't heard back. Just sent another email today. Their system sends out a instant response stating that they are getting my request. Seems their CS is lacking...

fledge
1 March 2017, 20:56
They've been very prompt with me. Even followed up again today to make sure everything was okay. Did you use the email address or the contact form?

Stone
2 March 2017, 05:37
I used the contact form on their website. I didn't see an email address. Did you email them? Do you have the email address?

fledge
2 March 2017, 05:50
See post #68.

Vgex
2 March 2017, 06:51
I used the contact form on their website. I didn't see an email address. Did you email them? Do you have the email address?

To be fair to Stone, I received no reply from their email listed on their site. I did, however, receive an email next day when I used the returnsandrepairs AT knightarmco.com. I sent my lower out last Tues 21 Feb, and they received it Thur 23 Feb. No more contact has been made. I am not in a particular hurry.

Stone
2 March 2017, 12:10
See post #68.

Thanks, I will try them again.

Stone
2 March 2017, 15:48
Just got a reply! Imagine that. Sent them all of the info. Also let them know their "contact us" section doesn't work...[bash]

fledge
2 March 2017, 16:18
Just got a reply! Imagine that. Sent them all of the info. Also let them know their "contact us" section doesn't work...[bash]

Good to see they replied!

Stone
3 March 2017, 07:46
After a few emails it looks like the only option they will offer me is to fix the damaged lowers. My guess is a bondo job. And to add insult to injury they want me to pay for shipping it back to them! I told her to forward the situation to the owner. Waiting for a response. In total I paid $430.00 for just the two lowers which includes shipping and the transfer fee. Now I have to run out and buy a box and more shipping tape, package it up and then pay for shipping it as well? WTF? Its not even the $30 its gonna cost me for the whole debacle its the principal of the matter. Its their frack up with no fault of my own. Every other rifle manufacturer I have dealt with sends you a postage paid RMA, hell, even Amazon sends out one when its their fault.

fledge
3 March 2017, 07:53
That's not good. I would want expect return and a replacement, considering these were falsely advertised as new.

That's two fails.

Stone
3 March 2017, 07:58
Agreed. If an admin. is reading this, I cannot post pics from my computer. The only option is from a URL when I click on "insert image"

Stone
3 March 2017, 08:12
Latest response: Looks like they changed their tune,

Dear Mr. Stone, [:D]

"I have done some more research, as you requested. I was wrong, the lowers are not fixed, they are replaced. So we would not be able to replace them with the sequential serial numbers as you are wanting. So sorry about that.

As for shipping to us, they will not pick up the cost, but said you can ship them in a USPS flat rate box for much cheaper.

Let us know how you want to proceed."

Still have to pay for shipping though.[crazy]

fledge
3 March 2017, 08:22
Sigh. At least they corrected that on one account with a replacement. I don't see why they can't get you sequential numbers in the next batch.

They should cover shipping back to you and send the replacements directly to you to avoid more transfer fees.

Stone
3 March 2017, 08:35
I asked if they would send the new ones with new serial numbers directly to me and she said yes. That didn't sound right so I just called my FFL and he said that's illegal. I just sent them another email telling her that and asked if they are going to cover the $30 transfer fee.[bash]

Stone
3 March 2017, 10:05
Looks like they can send me a replacement.

"How would a licensee record the disposition of a replacement firearm in the licensee’s records?

A licensee who receives a firearm for repair or customizing, and who returns a replacement firearm, must record the disposition in the licensee’s acquisition and disposition record. However, no ATF Form 4473 is required if the replacement firearm is returned to the same person from whom the licensee received the firearm being replaced. The replacement firearm must be of the same kind and type.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-would-licensee-record-disposition-replacement-firearm-licensee%E2%80%99s-records

fledge
3 March 2017, 13:32
Your FFL is incorrect. :)

SINNER
3 March 2017, 13:36
Bitching about the finish on a Knights. LMFAO Good thing they deferred you to the secretary. Any man working there would likely laugh too hard to help you.

BoilerUp
3 March 2017, 14:18
I suspect every man that works there gets a good belly laugh every time they sell a mil-spec stripped lower to a civilian for more than $80.

Stone
3 March 2017, 14:21
Bitching about the finish on a Knights. LMFAO Good thing they deferred you to the secretary. Any man working there would likely laugh too hard to help you.

Deep gouges in the metal from the CNC process are way beyond the anodizing. Read the thread and try to keep up huh. I paid for a new product and what I got was worse than a blem. You have a problem with that?

UWone77
3 March 2017, 14:27
Gouges in the metal from the CNC process are way beyond the anodizing. Read the thread and try to keep up huh. I paid for a new product and the sent what is worse than a blem. You have a problem with that?

SINNER is usually too busy laughing to comprehend posts. Don't mind him. [:D]

Joelski
4 March 2017, 06:37
Only posting to torment UW. Got one ordered yet? [:)]

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170216_212644_zpsu0sdkesq.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Joelski144/media/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170216_212644_zpsu0sdkesq.jpg.html)

Even the box screams Cool guy!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zpskcjdrhow.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Joelski144/media/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zpskcjdrhow.jpg.html)

usbp379
4 March 2017, 06:48
Where are these currently in stock and/or where is the best price?

SINNER
4 March 2017, 07:29
Deep gouges in the metal from the CNC process are way beyond the anodizing. Read the thread and try to keep up huh. I paid for a new product and what I got was worse than a blem. You have a problem with that?

I read the thread. I've got a SR25 that looks like every component is a different shade of black and had dings and dents on the receivers right out of the box. They are not a company heavily concerned with aesthetics. If you are worried about the finish you should have never bought a Knights. They have improved but I doubt 99.9% of the people buying a Knights give a shit about the finish.

SINNER is usually too busy laughing to comprehend posts. Don't mind him. [:D]
If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

No where currently and around $190 from Boltcarrier.com if they ever come around again.

mtdawg169
4 March 2017, 07:38
G&R just got a batch, I beleive.

JSchell1309
4 March 2017, 08:36
G&R just got a batch, I beleive.

I think that batch is already sold out.

i think I have found 5 places that have stocked this lower. I ordered from NSDefense a week ago and it is set to deliver today to my FFL. Below are links to all of them, all are currently sold out. Keep an eye on the pages if you want to order one. Prices are all within $5 of each other so there is no real best price, its harder to secure a lower than it is to secure lowest price.

G&R Tactical (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=22360&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26sea rchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DKACO)

Tombstone Tactical (https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/knights-armament/22360-sr-15-stripped-lower-receiver-non-ambi/)

Boltcarrier (Ayan) (https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/stripped-sr15-lower)

Small Arms Sales (OperationParts's FFL) (http://www.smallarmsales.com/product-p/22360.htm)

NSDefense (https://www.nsdefense.us/collections/lower-receivers/products/kac-knights-armament-company-stripped-lower-receiver-nonambi?variant=36540423562)

mtdawg169
4 March 2017, 08:39
I think that batch is already sold out.

i think I have found 5 places that have stocked this lower. I ordered from NSDefense a week ago and it is set to deliver today to my FFL. Below are links to all of them, all are currently sold out. Keep an eye on the pages if you want to order one. Prices are all within $5 of each other so there is no real best price, its harder to secure a lower than it is to secure lowest price.

G&R Tactical (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=22360&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26sea rchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DKACO)

Tombstone Tactical (https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/knights-armament/22360-sr-15-stripped-lower-receiver-non-ambi/)

Boltcarrier (Ayan) (https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/stripped-sr15-lower)

Small Arms Sales (OperationParts's FFL) (http://www.smallarmsales.com/product-p/22360.htm)

NSDefense (https://www.nsdefense.us/collections/lower-receivers/products/kac-knights-armament-company-stripped-lower-receiver-nonambi?variant=36540423562)
Good list. The only other one that I can think of is Lawmens and Shooters Supply.

JSchell1309
4 March 2017, 08:51
Good list. The only other one that I can think of is Lawmens and Shooters Supply.

I have seen them mentioned in another thread, looks like you can't purchase from website. Is the only way to give them a call?

mtdawg169
4 March 2017, 08:56
I have seen them mentioned in another thread, looks like you can't purchase from website. Is the only way to give them a call?
Yeah, pretty much.

fledge
4 March 2017, 09:36
I read the thread. I've got a SR25 that looks like every component is a different shade of black and had dings and dents on the receivers right out of the box. They are not a company heavily concerned with aesthetics. If you are worried about the finish you should have never bought a Knights. They have improved but I doubt 99.9% of the people buying a Knights give a shit about the finish.

Considering...

1) KAC admitted that this was substandard for them...

2) KAC admitted their updated QC standards are better and have been for sometime...

3) KAC admitted hat they accidentally misdescribed the original batch as "new" but confirmed they are from years past...

4) KAC is sending out non-blem lowers now...

...all tells me you should let them know they are too concerned about their own aesthetics.

Those with blems subpar for KAC's standards should receive customer support and replacements. I don't understand why KAC has no problem with this but interwebs are filled with criticism for KAC and it's customers who recognizes the need to rectify this mistake.

GOST
4 March 2017, 13:51
Who would have thought blemished receivers would be so popular, this thread has gotten more traffic than the rest of the forum combined.

Aragorn
4 March 2017, 14:06
^^^Because they say K-nig-its instead of Aero Precision.

gatordev
4 March 2017, 14:25
I finally got my last part today for my receiver (well...okay, except for an action spring...which I totally forgot about) and I'm ready to build it up. But mine is apparently sub-par as it's an "original issue." I'm trying to push past it's (very slightly) used look. Hopefully I can persevere.

UWone77
4 March 2017, 14:54
Only posting to torment UW. Got one ordered yet? [:)]

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170216_212644_zpsu0sdkesq.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Joelski144/media/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170216_212644_zpsu0sdkesq.jpg.html)

Even the box screams Cool guy!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zpskcjdrhow.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Joelski144/media/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zpskcjdrhow.jpg.html)

LOL you need to post more than a blem stripped lower to get me excited [:D]

SINNER
4 March 2017, 15:13
LOL you need to post more than a blem stripped lower to get me excited [:D]

I think I have a Zev patch somewhere. A few cell phone pics of that ought to get you fired up.

SINNER
4 March 2017, 15:15
Who would have thought blemished receivers would be so popular, this thread has gotten more traffic than the rest of the forum combined.

I bet Knights wished they would have smashed them all now.

UWone77
4 March 2017, 15:36
I think I have a Zev patch somewhere. A few cell phone pics of that ought to get you fired up.

Pics or it didn't happen.

KW900A
4 March 2017, 16:16
There was a ZEV patch on eBay not too long ago

din
4 March 2017, 16:56
I have my zev patch waxed.

Joelski
4 March 2017, 18:49
To bad they are not the SR-15 lowers, but I still need one.

It has SR-15 stamped on the right side of the magwell.

UWone77
4 March 2017, 18:52
I will probably order a couple once someone has them in stock again.

SINNER
4 March 2017, 19:02
Pics or it didn't happen.

I'll look for it. It was a red, white and blue patch. Pistol silhouette IIRC. If I find it it's yours.

KW900A
4 March 2017, 19:12
I think the one I saw was listed for 60 maybe 70 bucks. It was just the ZEV logo I believe

Joelski
4 March 2017, 19:35

Caved!! [:D]

GOST
4 March 2017, 21:36
It has SR-15 stamped on the right side of the magwell.

Yeah but it's not the ambi lower the SR-15 comes with. It's kinda like the girl wearing the shirt that says "SEXY", but her muffin top says otherwise.

UWone77
4 March 2017, 21:43
Yeah but it's not the ambi lower the SR-15 comes with. It's kinda like the girl wearing the shirt that says "SEXY", but her muffin top says otherwise.

LOL. Which is really why I waited on these.

I like the KAC lower, but this lacks a lot of the SR-15 features for $200. Like I said before, good on their part, helps people figure out which were factory guns vs Bubba built... but being a lefty, I like the ambi features.

JSchell1309
5 March 2017, 16:53
http://i.imgur.com/rt28HZO.jpg

Mine from the newer batch looks good to go. A few strange greenish marks inside the magwell and bolt catch hole but not a big deal. Going to build it into a Block 1 clone.

UWone77
6 March 2017, 02:03
http://i.imgur.com/rt28HZO.jpg

Mine from the newer batch looks good to go. A few strange greenish marks inside the magwell and bolt catch hole but not a big deal. Going to build it into a Block 1 clone.

Were any Block 1's KAC's?

JSchell1309
6 March 2017, 05:30
Were any Block 1's KAC's?

No, looks like a Colt M4A1 Carbine is the closest a civilian can get. Those were only offered on the LE6920 SOCOM and go for $700+ now. I'm not going that crazy to get clone correct.

I'm putting a $80 2nd gen B5 Sopmod on it vs a 1st gen LMT for $150+. Also upper is a CMMG 22lr for training and trigger time. Another example is the Surefire 4 prong on a Block 2 goes for $300+ as it was never commercially released, 3 prong can be found under $100 and gets close enough. Some clone prices are insane. I understand some people's desire to get as accurate as possible, but for me I'd rather build what I like and be close than spend a fortune and be exact.

So maybe clone isn't accurate, more of a inspired by kind of build.

Vgex
6 March 2017, 09:15
Weird how much better this set looks from the lower I received. Can't wait to get mine back now!

JSchell1309
6 March 2017, 10:12
Weird how much better this set looks from the lower I received. Can't wait to get mine back now!

One thing to do is clean the lower when you get it. I slathered that one in Hoppes #9 followed by A light oil. These things come in dryer than hell, they just soak up the first few coats of oil like a sponge.

In the end just accept that this isn't a showpiece lower for a showpiece gun. I have my SMOS build for a showey gun, this lower will be for a 22lr upper for appleseed and a Colt upper for carbine class. I look forward to wearing it in and getting some good use out of it.

gatordev
6 March 2017, 18:10

Looks like Operation Parts is getting another batch Wednesday.

UWone77
6 March 2017, 18:28
Looks like Operation Parts is getting another batch Wednesday.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. On a side note, gator, have you ever seen a KAC lower on a Block II or MK18 in the field?

I don't do "clone correct" as you know, but my M4A1 Upper and my other CQBR Upper need a lower.

Joelski
6 March 2017, 19:34
Doesn't matter what lower you use, as long as it's a Colt M4 or LE6945. Hell, at 10', it could be a BM as long as it has a SOPMOD and a DD, RAS or LMT rail.

UWone77
7 March 2017, 01:49
Doesn't matter what lower you use, as long as it's a Colt M4 or LE6945. Hell, at 10', it could be a BM as long as it has a SOPMOD and a DD, RAS or LMT rail.

OH but it does matter. [:D]

But not to the point where I'm going to pay $600 for a stripped M4 Lower.

Stone
7 March 2017, 05:15
Its available for the low price of $375. http://www.specializedarmament.com/ar-15-lower-receivers-parts/colt-lower-receiver-—-m4-carbine-1/

Makes the KAC lowers look like a bargain...

gatordev
7 March 2017, 07:06
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. On a side note, gator, have you ever seen a KAC lower on a Block II or MK18 in the field?

I don't do "clone correct" as you know, but my M4A1 Upper and my other CQBR Upper need a lower.

I don't remember seeing one, but never say never. In the end, I'm just a guy on the internet who had fun reading...and foolishly never asked to look at the TACLET guys' CQBRs (or MK18s...or whatever they were). Supposedly there are KAC contracted guns out there for other agencies, but I'm not very well-read on Knight's stuff.

Short of a third pin, the M4A1 Carbine lower seems to be the most "accepted," followed by the M4 Carbine lower. Arms Unlimited had been selling some 6920 complete lowers for $400 in the past, which was a decent deal, but an OEM 1 or 2 rifle is probably better value.

At the end of the day, a RIS II on a KAC lower would still look pretty sexy.

JSchell1309
7 March 2017, 07:35

OH but it does matter. [:D]

But not to the point where I'm going to pay $600 for a stripped M4 Lower.

Totally agree, the major parts of the build are where the money should go. The roll mark is interchangeable in my eyes.

Its available for the low price of $375. http://www.specializedarmament.com/ar-15-lower-receivers-parts/colt-lower-receiver-—-m4-carbine-1/

Even that isn't the highly sought after "M4A1" roll mark. You can still buy LE6920s that are marked M4 Carbine. The most accurate however is the M4A1 marked LE6920 that was only offered by Colt on the Socom rifle that is no longer in production. There are a few listed on another forum for $750 for a complete lower, one asking $900 right now. A complete used M4 Carbine lower is roughly $350 for a complete one. So you are paying a $400 premium for the "A1" Mark on the lower to get clone correct.

That's where I draw the line haha. I agree with the above, Colt socom barrel, bolt, and upper, Sopmod stock, and KAC ris/ras or DD ris are the major correct parts, finish with a milspec lower kit and A2 grip and call it good.

UWone77
7 March 2017, 14:47

That's not actually as bad as I thought.

I need to just pick up a couple of Colt OEM1's so I can use this FSB RIS II from SINNER and cut the barrel down to 14.5. The other I would just cut down to 10.3, then I wouldn't feel the need to get a 6933.

UWone77
8 March 2017, 12:00
Operations Parts has 21 in stock right now for anyone looking. I snagged a couple.

gatordev
8 March 2017, 14:43
I snagged a couple.

Of course you did. Before driving to work in your Veyron after making sure your man-servant got your tuxedos to the cleaners.

There better be epic pics.

UWone77
8 March 2017, 15:20
Of course you did. Before driving to work in your Veyron after making sure your man-servant got your tuxedos to the cleaners.

There better be epic pics.

LOL... there is only one Sully... and he drives a Lambo now.

I'm just a mere peasant trying to find his way in the world.

gatordev
8 March 2017, 15:27
Wait, are you talking about a footballer? This whole thread has taken a new Euro twist. How do you even know these things?

(Honest question, I've been relatively off the grid for the last few days at a career expo, so I may have missed something).

UWone77
8 March 2017, 17:45
Wait, are you talking about a footballer? This whole thread has taken a new Euro twist. How do you even know these things?

(Honest question, I've been relatively off the grid for the last few days at a career expo, so I may have missed something).

Sully... Dave... sully.photo on Instagram.

VIPER 237
8 March 2017, 17:46
LOL... there is only one Sully... and he drives a Lambo now.

I'm just a mere peasant trying to find his way in the world.

Mmm and it's a sexy Lambo too

Joelski
8 March 2017, 18:11
?...I snagged a couple.

Ha. Didn't take much arm twisting. Non-ambi is still cooler than a lot of other lowers, huh? The vapor ware Umbrella Corp lowers easily come to mind. Those aren't the same with the new roll ark.

Kinda wish Radian would announce 7.62 receiver sets; I'm getting full-up on 5.56 ones.

UWone77
8 March 2017, 18:29
Ha. Didn't take much arm twisting. Non-ambi is still cooler than a lot of other lowers, huh? The vapor ware Umbrella Corp lowers easily come to mind. Those aren't the same with the new roll ark.

Kinda wish Radian would announce 7.62 receiver sets; I'm getting full-up on 5.56 ones.

Umbrella... LOL. Still have 3 Lowers I never built up. One of these days I suppose!

Joelski
8 March 2017, 19:40
Umbrella... LOL. Still have 3 Lowers I never built up. One of these days I suppose!
I used to want one but they don't seem to have all their shite in one pile.

UWone77
8 March 2017, 22:04
I used to want one bu0t they don't seem to have all their shite in one pile.

Yeah, like I said before, I don't understand their sales strategy.

Might finally dump one of those Billet UCWRG Lowers when the market is a little better. Too brutal right now.

Vgex
8 March 2017, 22:34
Looks like my KAC "8" series will be back from repair on the 13th.

On another note, I remember creating a Facebook account for the chance to win an opportunity to purchase a forged UCWRG lower years ago. I bought 2. There around here somewhere.

UWone77
18 March 2017, 22:31
One or both of these will be future SBR's.

Thanks to small arms sales for sending consecutive serial numbers.

Stone
18 March 2017, 22:44
Just got a shipping email from KAC. Replacement lowers will be here next week.

UWone77
18 March 2017, 22:46
Just got a shipping email from KAC. Replacement lowers will be here next week.

Good to hear. The 3 I got appeared to be in good shape. Ended up giving one to Stick.

gatordev
19 March 2017, 07:42
Waiting on the last few Colt LPK parts (a few pins and a mag catch) from Brownell's so that I can build up mine. Given they continue to use UPS Mail Innovations, the parts should be here some time in 2018.

Vgex
19 March 2017, 16:31
Waiting on the last few Colt LPK parts (a few pins and a mag catch) from Brownell's so that I can build up mine. Given they continue to use UPS Mail Innovations, the parts should be here some time in 2018.

Grant at G&R Tactical regularly stocks LPKs, but they go quickly. I picked one up from him last week, as I was on his email list.

gatordev
19 March 2017, 18:32
Grant at G&R Tactical regularly stocks LPKs, but they go quickly. I picked one up from him last week, as I was on his email list.

His were out of stock, as is most of the product he sells. Brownell's had everything I needed (which was less than a complete kit). I'm just bitching about UPS Mail Innovations. Supposedly everything will be here tomorrow...if it doesn't keep bouncing back and forth between Orlando.

gatordev
20 March 2017, 14:38
I always forget to take a picture of all the bits and pieces before I get started. Oh well.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3871/33401745532_089a6e5ea9_b.jpg

FortTom
20 March 2017, 16:45
It's o.k., I've seen enough bits and pieces to last me a lifetime! Show us the whole pie.[:D]

Stickman
3 April 2017, 03:48

Stone
3 April 2017, 14:46
Looks like yours has the same corrosion in the bolt catch well.

Diesel II
4 April 2017, 17:59
Looks like yours has the same corrosion in the bolt catch well.

Mine look like that as well - just not anodized in the hole.

BoilerUp
4 April 2017, 19:52
...not anodized in the hole.

Is that a euphemism?

UWone77
6 May 2017, 13:37

Stone
6 May 2017, 15:03
Looking good! Going with another AXTS safety selector?

Joelski
6 May 2017, 15:06
What model trigger is that that bow does it look common to Geissele.

UWone77
6 May 2017, 15:17
Looking good! Going with another AXTS safety selector?

Would love to, but probably a BAD-ASS because I don't have to pay retail.

What model trigger is that that bow does it look common to Geissele.

Super Tricon.

UWone77
10 May 2017, 13:05

GOST
13 July 2017, 10:30
Back in-stock.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=22360

usbp379
1 October 2017, 15:51
What have we got for build pix?

Stone
15 October 2017, 09:19
Have some photos to post but seem to have lost the ability to "add photos from computer" Hmmm.... Insert image link only gives URL option these days. Maybe Eric knows how to fix it.

Joelski
15 October 2017, 10:08
What have we got for build pix?

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zps20e0106d.jpg~original

I keep running into the in-stock and cash fluidity syncing problem when it comes to grabbing up those spendy innards.

usbp379
16 October 2017, 02:07
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20170212_161639_zps20e0106d.jpg~original

I keep running into the in-stock and cash fluidity syncing problem when it comes to grabbing up those spendy innards.Who usually sells KAC lower parts?

gatordev
16 October 2017, 03:42
Operation Parts is the major seller now. Brownell's carries some of them, depending on stock. You'll also be able to find some bits and pieces at other vendors. Trading Place Pawn (http://tradingplacepawn.com/shop-online/by-brand/knights-armament.html) will often have stuff, but their stock is hit and miss.

fledge
2 November 2017, 10:46
https://i.imgur.com/VuPITN5.jpg

Joelski
2 November 2017, 11:28
Tombstone Tactical has a decent stock, but man, they need a web page designer!

UWone77
2 November 2017, 11:29
Tombstone Tactical has a decent stock, but man, they need a web page designer!

Heh... that was actually one of the reasons I decided not to order from them. The website was crap.

Joelski
2 November 2017, 11:29
https://i.imgur.com/VuPITN5.jpg

Jelly! You got the $400 stock kit too? Nice bits, but damn!

fledge
2 November 2017, 14:11
Jelly! You got the $400 stock kit too? Nice bits, but damn!

No that’s the UBR gen 2 kit ($160), if that’s what you mean. I found the URX handguard on serious discount too. Overall a cheaper build with quality parts. Gotta love the Post-Hillary market.

https://i.imgur.com/5zAnl7a.jpg

Joelski
2 November 2017, 14:30
I'm never in the right place when those sales drop!

fledge
2 November 2017, 14:33
I'm never in the right place when those sales drop!

It’s always about that price at Lanbos for the UBR. AAC ran the sale on the handguard.

usbp379
2 November 2017, 14:36
I'm kind of thinking a hybrid Colt and Knight build.

KAC lower, KAC forend and accessories. Colt upper and barrel. Or maybe the same idea with a mix of KAC and BCM.

UWone77
11 November 2017, 09:17
Can't recall who was asking me, but they are in stock at G&R Tactical:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Knights-Armament-Stripped-Lower-Receiver_p_481.html

fledge
12 November 2017, 15:48
https://i.imgur.com/B66ITgm.jpg

Aragorn
12 November 2017, 16:00
https://i.imgur.com/B66ITgm.jpg

Really like that OD. Looks good Fledge.

fledge
12 November 2017, 16:30
Thanks, Aragorn.

https://i.imgur.com/3W4Gj0l.jpg

Joelski
25 January 2018, 13:59
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20180125_160755_zpsocuixanc.jpg~original

UWone77
25 January 2018, 14:04
Needs an OD mag.

fledge
25 January 2018, 14:36
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20180125_160755_zpsocuixanc.jpg~original

That was fast!!! Looks good.

Needs an OD mag.

Indeed. Need paint.

Joelski
26 January 2018, 03:37
That was fast!!! Looks good.
Thanks! Needs a few more KAC bits to be done, but I had to get it out. Have a proper selector coming and need sights and QD's. Hoping to find some second hand stuff. She wasn't built to be pretty, but she's damn sexy!

UWone77
26 January 2018, 23:34
Had to join the $35 trigger guard club!

fledge
27 January 2018, 11:13
It’s the only way. I only paid $25 for mine. :)

Joelski
28 January 2018, 08:45
Now you need the "real" selector. This rifle might beat the first few runs of SCARS for unintentional variation of color in a single build. [:D]

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/KAC%20SR%2015/20180128_111742_zpsuplqj7zx.jpg~original