PDA

View Full Version : Blacklist Industries Glock 17 Barrel

UWone77
23 January 2017, 16:20
Item Being Reviewed: Glock 17 Fluted Stainless Barrel (Non-Threaded)

http://www.blacklistind.com/collections/barrels/products/glock-ultra-match-barrels?variant=4122284356

Manufacturer: Blacklist Industries

This will be an ongoing review. I will update this post the more I shoot the barrel.

Several months ago I connected with Reco Simms, the CEO of Blacklist Industries. He wanted to send me a barrel to use and photograph. In the interests of full disclosure, I obtained this barrel free of charge. There was no discussion or expectation of a positive review. I was asked to give me honest opinion about the barrel. Prior to being in contact with Blacklist, I did not really know much of anything about the company. I had seen some of their Bolt Carrier Groups and Glock Barrels on my Facebook news feed, but that was the extent of it.

When I first got my barrel, I noticed it dropped right in with no fitting issues. A function test confirmed that it was racking just fine, dry fire and with dummy rounds. I anticipated no issues at the range. I used a non-modified standard Glock 17 pistol. The only addition to the pistol was a Surefire X300 Ultra.

My first day at the range, I loaded up 10, 17 round Glock and ETS magazines. I wanted to break in the barrel with some rounds first in case I had any malfunctions. I had previously read on a few different Facebook shooter groups that a couple of shooters had complained about failures to feed with their own Blacklist Industries Barrel. I had one acquaintance tell me his Blacklist barrel was a tack driver, so there were some varying opinions out there. Ammunition used today was 115gr Speer Lawman FMJ’s.

The first 10 magazines went without a hitch. After I dumped 10 magazine through it, a fellow coworker of mine wanted to shoot it, and I would estimate another 2 magazines were shot through the barrel for a total of 204 rounds.

Now why would anyone want an aftermarket Match barrel for their Glock? Precision shooting of course! Who doesn’t want to tighten up their groups? I will preface this by staying I’m not a good shooter when it comes to groups. I have always struggled with the dot drill because I just don’t practice it enough in my opinion, and I get impatient. However, I’m always in the top 1-3% in my department when it comes to qualifications. I’m more concentrated on acceptable combat accuracy, and keeping my rounds on target instead of off the target. As they say, you’re accountable for every round down range.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my groups before and after. The game Glock 17 was used to keep everything as fair as possible. The first was with a stock Glock 17 barrel non-threaded. Second was the Blacklist barrel. 10 rounds for each dot drill target at 5 yards.

Now the results are interesting to me, even if I didn’t measure the group. I didn’t expect the group to tighten up as much as it did. Perhaps I was more patient with the second group, since my first group wasn’t very impressive. However, there was a recent test from Victory Gun Blog who tested 11 different Glock barrels. In their rankings the Blacklist Barrel finished #2 overall with an average grouping of 2.17” This is compared to a stock Glock barrel which they listed had an average of a 2.5” group, with a stock Glock Threaded barrel at 2.6” I noted that from this particular test, the Blacklist barrel finished #1 with 147gr Ammunition with an average group size of 1.85” The full results can be seen here:

http://www.victorygunblog.com/blog/barrelrace17

As I stated before, I'll update this review the more time I get with the barrel. Next time I plan to shoot 147gr ammo and I'll take a tape measure to the groups.

Blacklist plans to expand their offerings to Smith and Wesson M&P's so stay tuned for more products from them.

MSRP: $219 Non-Threaded $229 Threaded

http://www.blacklistind.com/