PDA

View Full Version : PROOF Research Awarded $11M Contract For Future Weapon Systems Development

GOST
26 January 2017, 06:43
Columbia Falls, MT - PROOF Research, has been awarded a $11.42 million contract for development of advanced hybrid composite muzzle brakes and medium caliber barrels for future weapon systems.

“This project demonstrates the scalability and broad application of PROOF’s technology to any weapon system. It is an exciting progression of our commercial and military small caliber products that will generate a tactical advantage in larger weapons. We are looking forward to improving the tools available to our warfighters. PROOF’s hybrid composite barrel technology is unique in that it opens up the design space to provide lightweight, high stiffness barrels that cannot be manufactured with traditional materials and techniques. We can design and build medium caliber weapon system barrels with performance characteristics previously not attainable" stated PROOF Research CEO, Larry Murphy.

fledge
26 January 2017, 07:00
In industry language, what does "medium caliber" mean? I'm assuming we're talking larger than 300winmag.

redmist
28 January 2017, 10:12
.300 Norma mag, .338 Norma LMG, and I have seen a .50 BMG proto as well I believe. Just a "Guess." [:D]

I have heard very mixed reviews on the barrels themselves however. They have a beautiful manufacturing facility and range.

ETA:

Looks like I need to change my avatar and sig line as well... It's been a while since I have posted!

voodoo_man
28 January 2017, 14:11
Coming soon ...

Proof carbon fiber .338 Lapua barrel

Low price of...

SINNER
29 January 2017, 00:50
Medium caliber is 20MM and larger.

Coming soon ...

Proof carbon fiber .338 Lapua barrel

Low price of...

They have had .338 blanks available the entire time. Same $900 list as all other calibers. I got one during their sale for $775. Waiting for an action for the past 3 months....