PDA

View Full Version : The DEVICE

GOST
7 February 2017, 11:37

The DEVICE is a patented tool for working on the upper receiver of the AR15/M16 and AR10 type rifles.

Description

The DEVICE allows the Armorer or Gunsmith the ability to work on all aspects of the upper receiver unencumbered. Aspects of The DEVICE actually align parts for ease of dis-assembly/assembly or repair. A dimensional replication of the "Flat-top" 1913 rail is attached to The DEVICE to allow for ease of mounting and repairing any optics, lasers or sights associated with the parent rifle. The DEVICE allows for fast and accurate work on the entire upper receiver for building, repairing or modification in a straight forward and intuitive manner.

http://www.thedevicemanufacturing.com

https://m.facebook.com/The-Device-Manufacturing-LLC-713351575453745/

GOST
7 February 2017, 11:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjXWlMuXIM&feature=youtu.be

Kernal
7 February 2017, 12:44
That looks Baddass

Joelski
7 February 2017, 13:24
What does it do that a reaction rod doesn't? IOW: What other tools does it replace? I saw him using a couple of bench blocks, which aside from a nut wrench and torque wrench is about it.

GOST
7 February 2017, 13:37
People don't necessarily need a product to do something that other products don't do for them to want to buy it. Would the KAC lowers have needed to do something other forged lowers didn't do before people would have wanted one? Don't underestimate the power of just plain want.

Joelski
7 February 2017, 13:49
No, I get ya. I was just looking for something compelling about it. I guess I might have a small amount of immunity where some things are concerned. That's not a bad thing! I wish I had more self control when it comes to parts exactly like KAC lowers, but I've realized I can't be anti-self denial and have will power at the same time. [:)]

GOST
7 February 2017, 14:22
I have no self control either.

FortTom
7 February 2017, 14:58
I have no self control either.

Have a shot or three of the BH GOST and let that blood pressure drop a notch or two...[:D][:D]

fledge
7 February 2017, 15:04
Anybody see a price?

The video on their site walking through the details is informative. I like it so far. If I didn't have a reaction rod or other methods, I'd consider this, depending on price.

GOST
7 February 2017, 16:43
Have a shot or three of the BH GOST and let that blood pressure drop a notch or two...[:D][:D]

BH has went in price here. If I buy it I'm gonna have to shoot steel case for a month.

GOST
7 February 2017, 16:48
Anybody see a price?

The video on their site walking through the details is informative. I like it so far. If I didn't have a reaction rod or other methods, I'd consider this, depending on price.
I think it's one of them deals where you have to contact them for a quote. Don't know if this has come to market yet.

stozzberry
7 February 2017, 17:27
It's close to $300 on brownells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
7 February 2017, 17:38
$300 is a lot of refreshments.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/bench-vise-blocks/ar-15-m16-upper-receiver-fixture-prod94857.aspx

Joelski
8 February 2017, 06:30
I'll take Refreshments for $300, Alex!

SINNER
8 February 2017, 09:35
Pretty sure they had too many refreshments when they decided on pricing.

And it's a poor design holding the aluminum receiver rather than the extension when it comes to torquing the barrel.

fledge
8 February 2017, 09:55
And it's a poor design holding the aluminum receiver rather than the extension when it comes to torquing the barrel.

I was curious about this very thing. What kind of forces are we talking about that could damage the receiver? 50lbs on barrel nut. 25lbs on muzzle device.

The "problem" with the reaction rod is keeping the forces back on the rod while torquing. Otherwise it slips out of the extension.

SINNER
8 February 2017, 11:43
I've never torqued a barrel nut using the takedown pin bosses to hold the upper. Even before the reaction rods I used a aluminum block machined to hold the upper by the picatinny rail.

And angle the Reaction rod upward in your vise and it's much easier to keep it fully interfaced.

Joelski
8 February 2017, 12:24
And angle the Reaction rod upward in your vise and it's much easier to keep it fully interfaced.

Agreed.

This thing was created to fit the ethos of LWRC.

Locate Wallet, Remove Cash.