PDA

View Full Version : HK Parts?

Joelski
22 February 2017, 14:09
Anybody have knowledge of their house brand threaded barrels? At half the cost of the real thing, I think it might be worth looking at if it's of decent make/progeny. Just wondering if anybody has had experience, good or bad.

Is there an aftermarket maker that does this for less than the $300+ H&K wants for the P30L threaded replacement barrel? I'm not looking for low quality, cheap stuff, and I will break down and pony the cake if I have to, just asking before I spend. This isn't even going to happen soon anyway since I don't have a UW-grade line in my gun budget. [:D]

UWone77
22 February 2017, 14:21
I have like 3 guns... all photoshop baby!!

Dstrbdmedic167
22 February 2017, 14:28
I have like 3 guns... all photoshop baby!!

Can confirm. Photoshop genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickman
25 February 2017, 13:42
Anybody have knowledge of their house brand threaded barrels? At half the cost of the real thing, I think it might be worth looking at if it's of decent make/progeny. Just wondering if anybody has had experience, good or bad.

Is there an aftermarket maker that does this for less than the $300+ H&K wants for the P30L threaded replacement barrel? I'm not looking for low quality, cheap stuff, and I will break down and pony the cake if I have to, just asking before I spend. This isn't even going to happen soon anyway since I don't have a UW-grade line in my gun budget. [:D]

First, no one has a budget for firearms like UW.....

Second, HK Parts came into the game early, and has single handedly gouged the price of the HK market up through the roof. This is what was relayed to me by someone I know and trust. Ever notice how hard it is to find HK parts around? They convinced HK to make them the US distributor and others have to buy through him. What makes it worse is that he sells for higher than the HK retail price. Sure, US dealers can try to buy from HK, but they are forced to wait a long time (12-18+ months is my understanding).

HK bears a horrible reputation for parts and costs, with HKparts being a driving factor. There is a bunch of other info I can't make public, but I wish I could. There is a very good manufacturer making HK parts stateside, one of these days he will decide it isn't worth making little money while HKparts makes massive money, and that manufacturer will open their doors to the market.

The HK market does NOT have to be the way it is, but I don't think corporate HK actually understands the US market well enough to see what is going on.

schambers
25 February 2017, 18:55
I seem to remember reading something along the lines of the owner of hkparts being arrested or at least investigated for some kind of shady business dealings? I may be imagining things...

have you checked out the hkpro.com forum? Barrels are sold there regularly.

Default.mp3
25 February 2017, 23:36
I seem to remember reading something along the lines of the owner of hkparts being arrested or at least investigated for some kind of shady business dealings? I may be imagining things...

have you checked out the hkpro.com forum? Barrels are sold there regularly.Adam Webber was convicted last year: http://www.recoilweb.com/adam-webber-of-hk-parts-convicted-96831.html

Finding OEM P30L threaded barrels is not an easy task, if you're not willing to spend the coin on the HKParts one. H&K USA never seems to have them, and FWIW, I was told awhile back that there was no plans to import any more of them, though this came from H&K CS, so who knows how accurate it actually is. I personally ponied up for the OEM barrels, just for piece of mind. If I could have started over, I would have just stuck with P30Ses instead of P30LSes.

Joelski
26 February 2017, 08:13
I guess Ill pay it since theres no viable alternative. Could be another 17 years before I deal with H&K again. P226 Legion is next on my list.