PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful Optimism?

rxer311
3 March 2017, 18:28
I am new to the NFA world as I just purchased my first silencer. As such I visited the NFA tracker website and noted that submitting a form 4 via paper application for a trust was running over 30 days until checks were cashed.

I sent in my form 4 on February 23 via USPS. Check was already cashed on February 28. I was surprised when my wife mentioned to me that the check was already cashed as I was thinking it would be at least a month before my paperwork started processing.

Do you think this could be a sign that things are speeding up and I should be hopefully optimistic about my wait time, or do you think this was just a fluke and I will still be waiting a year for my stamp?

On another happy note, I will be visiting my LGS tomorrow to start a Form 1 so I can put a stock on my AR pistol.

UWone77
3 March 2017, 18:50
I've never had it take more than 5-7 days for the check to be cashed.

I wouldn't put any stock in the check cashing process = faster approval times.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 March 2017, 20:35
Yea.. no... don't get excited there. Expect Halloween to thanksgiving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SINNER
3 March 2017, 21:02
When I filed for my Salvo stamp the CC charge was within 3 days of mailing the form. Insanely fast. Took 3 months longer to be approved than a form sent a few weeks later that took weeks to be charged. All depends on whose desk it lands on.

UWone77
3 March 2017, 22:36
BUT... I do believe post 41F submission will go much faster because there are probably going to be a lot less submissions.

I thnk after they get past the 2 Million Dollar Silencer Shop submissions, approval times may get a lot better.

SINNER
4 March 2017, 03:57
BUT... I do believe post 41F submission will go much faster because there are probably going to be a lot less submissions.

I thnk after they get past the 2 Million Dollar Silencer Shop submissions, approval times may get a lot better.

You can tell by the stock building on shelves sales are way down. I see no way it doesn't improve.

fledge
4 March 2017, 05:51

This will be one of the factors that will pick up sales. Some reluctant people will bite the 41F bullet if they can get their item back in a month.

Joelski
4 March 2017, 06:15
BUT... we haven't gotten to July submissions yet. That's where the glut of apps lies. That's going to take 4f@ckngevar to get through. I'm just glad I found an SOT nearby that will allow me to come out and visit my suppressor. I filed in mid-January, my card was charged within 3 days. I'm not planning on my can coming home with me til next year sometime.

Of course, miracles can happen. I still spend an hour and a cup or two of coffee writing my Congress people. I nag the President, the BRA and even the END about the second amendment coalition that I've heard nothing more about since the election. I'm not putting all of my eggs in the HPA basket; contingencies are good.

Forget you have this process working and some day (if you live long enough), the stamp will magically show up.

rxer311
4 March 2017, 08:22
This also may be a pipe dream, but...

It is possible that with a new executive in the White House, he could by executive order, prioritize the processing of these forms over other BATFE functions.

This would take a lot of letter writing and nagging, however...

Joelski
4 March 2017, 08:44
Get busy.

rxer311
4 March 2017, 09:07
Get busy.

Its a start...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prioritize-processing-nfa-form-1-and-form-4-submissions-batfe

Joelski
4 March 2017, 11:03
Dude, I can tell you with certainty that adding more of these only slows the process. You have to meet the politicians on their playing field; paper, telephone and email. Everybody will tell you that an email is worth 100 constituent's opinion, a letter is worth a thousand and a phone call represents tens of thousands of voices in your district. These people extrapolate results from what they see in front of them.. So, when I, or anybody else says "get busy" I mean write to your senate and reprepresentatives. Call them. Go for the numbers and make them hear clearly that you want their support for this interest. If they have a great rating from the NRA, thank them for past support and ask that they double down. If they have a shitty grade, like Sherrod Brown, inform the person they need to re-examine their feelings and explain why. Close the coversation or letter by noting your network affiliations and that you will or won't be adding your support the next time they campaign; not the strongest tactic, but it still bears mentioning, especially if you belong to large groups like the NRA and Buckeye Firearms Association. [;)]

Joelski
4 March 2017, 11:06
Also, if you get any junk mail asking for support for Virginia's Gubernatorial race, consider throwing a few bucks to the RNC to help with the campaign. Getting rid of that buffon is a pretty big start to clearing the rest of those FT's out of the government spotlight.

We have to fight this war one battle at a time, and while conditions are good, we can make them better. This is how we'll get what we want, not by shouting and throwing stones like the opposers are doing.