PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's Gun Stocks?

KW900A
5 March 2017, 06:50
Anyone here ever dealt with Boyd's gunstocks? I ordered a Savage Lefty 11/111 trophy hunter in 6.5CM The other day, with the price and rebates I couldn't say no. I know the stock is pretty shabby, so I'm looking at laminated Boyd's stocks to replace it. They seem pretty well received from what I've read on the inter web, just wondering if anyone here has any personal experiences with them. If I get one and like it, I may also get one for my 93R17. Thanks

Former11B
5 March 2017, 16:48
I've used one on a Savage FVSR and currently a Remington 700. I like them a lot...way better than the factory junk on both

KW900A
5 March 2017, 16:52
Thanks for the input, All of my 700s have walnut stocks, except for my SPS. But yeah, the savage synthetics are crap.

cjd3
5 March 2017, 23:19
Anyone here ever dealt with Boyd's gunstocks? I ordered a Savage Lefty 11/111 trophy hunter in 6.5CM The other day, with the price and rebates I couldn't say no. I know the stock is pretty shabby, so I'm looking at laminated Boyd's stocks to replace it. They seem pretty well received from what I've read on the inter web, just wondering if anyone here has any personal experiences with them. If I get one and like it, I may also get one for my 93R17. Thanks

Is this for hunting or benchrest? I'm looking at an XLR chassis for my .223, which I'll probably rebarrel to a 6.5CM, for benchrest. My 111 .30-06 is fine for hunting, but I'd like to swap it out with a Manners.

KW900A
6 March 2017, 03:47
It's going to be for hunting at least this year. But in between now and then, I will do a fair amount of bench rest shooting as well.

ChattanoogaPhil
27 August 2017, 10:13
I'm using a Boyd's stock on one of my rimfire rifles, Savage FV-SR.
The company was easy enough to do business with and the stock is what I expected.

http://i.imgur.com/fz0VqRI.jpg