View Full Version : 308 Diet

Pyzik
15 March 2017, 12:19
Yes, I'm going down a dark road.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170315/6d00db87448c091934bc935333a62fb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ksenter
16 March 2017, 14:21
eh, I dunno man. Not so sure I could prioritize my guns over my steaks. Best of luck to ya though! hahaha

Jerry R
16 March 2017, 14:48
Tough row-to hoe for a 308. Wish you all the best. When you get it, I hope you can still lift it [BD]

GOST
16 March 2017, 15:05
eh, I dunno man. Not so sure I could prioritize my guns over my steaks. Best of luck to ya though! hahaha

Same here.

KW900A
16 March 2017, 15:25
Yikes. That's a man that wants something. I hope it's everything you dreamed of and more!

Slippers
16 March 2017, 17:57
If you're on ramen so you can finish building the rifle, what will you be eating when it comes time to shoot it? :)

Stone
16 March 2017, 18:00
Go shoot a deer. Plenty of meat...

Aragorn
16 March 2017, 18:00
It's better if you add water and use the spice packet...

UWone77
16 March 2017, 18:09
That's the problem when you get a receiver/rail/comp.

Still gotta spend some money to finish it. At least you got a barrel from me. [:)]

All you really need is some small parts, a BCG, and optics.

alamo5000
16 March 2017, 18:13

Yeah! “Only optics"... if you're like me I could walk into a store blindfolded and walk out with the most expensive thing in there.

Pyzik
16 March 2017, 18:23
There was some sarcasm and humor in there, LOL. I forgot to take a lunch that day and I keep Raman in the office for back up.
Truthfully, I'm extremely frugal with food. You're literally turning your money into shit. i enjoy a steak here and there but I pretty much eat as cheap as possible. Building a gun or not.

That's the problem when you get a receiver/rail/comp.

Still gotta spend some money to finish it. At least you got a barrel from me. [:)]
Truth. That was a HUGE help. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Yeah! “Only optics"... if you're like me I could walk into a store blindfolded and walk out with the most expensive thing in there.
hahaha

Pyzik
16 March 2017, 19:13
It's better if you add water and use the spice packet...
Water is for rich folk.

Aragorn
16 March 2017, 20:14
Water is for rich folk.

Says the guy building a 308 ;)

Pyzik
17 March 2017, 04:36
Says the guy building a 308 ;)

Trying to lighten the mood around here. Didn't want y'all thinking I was actually starving myself. [BD]

Former11B
17 March 2017, 05:17
You're literally turning your money into shit.

Thats a little oversimplified lol

Pyzik
17 March 2017, 06:18
Thats a little oversimplified lol
Eh, it is but it's not. I like food, but I dislike spending money on it more.

If it wasn't for the wife and kid I'd totally be happy with some kind of soylent or the stuff from Matrix that they eat on the nebuchadnezzar.

Except for occasions, of course, but for daily consumption I'd be fine with that.

GOST
17 March 2017, 07:41
Aren't you the one that complained on FB about eating at McDonald's?[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
17 March 2017, 07:50
Trying to lighten the mood around here. Didn't want y'all thinking I was actually starving myself. [BD]

We've all seen pics of you and determined that was a lie... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyzik
17 March 2017, 07:55
Aren't you the one that complained on FB about eating at McDonald's?[BD]
Yep. Because it's gross and terrible for you but cheap.

GOST
17 March 2017, 08:26
Diva

Former11B
17 March 2017, 11:01
I tried to make ramen once while intoxicated. I remember trying to locate the burning smell in my apartment and finally realized ramen doesn't cook well in the microwave when you don't add water. It just catches on fire.

Pyzik
17 March 2017, 11:14
I tried to make ramen once while intoxicated. I remember trying to locate the burning smell in my apartment and finally realized ramen doesn't cook well in the microwave when you don't add water. It just catches on fire.

Hahahaha!

I had a "colorful" childhood. One fond memory is of me (around 8yo) waking up to a house filled with smoke. Training kicked in and I got as low to the floor as I could. I crawl through the kitchen and find the source, on the stove. Three hotdogs so burnt and shriveled they looked like charred worms.

Dad had the bright idea to make hotdogs drunk then passed out.

Another fun memory, I found a full pot of oil in my dresser drawer. Not sure what drunk dad thought he was cooking, or what my drawer was (the oven?).

Ah, alcohol. You've given me such fond memories.
One day I'll have to post about the powerlines getting shot down with a 10ga.

Former11B
17 March 2017, 11:26
Hahahaha!

I had a "colorful" childhood. One fond memory is of me (around 8yo) waking up to a house filled with smoke. Training kicked in and I got as low to the floor as I could. I crawl through the kitchen and find the source, on the stove. Three hotdogs so burnt and shriveled they looked like charred worms.

Dad had the bright idea to make hotdogs drunk then passed out.

Another fun memory, I found a full pot of oil in my dresser drawer. Not sure what drunk dad thought he was cooking, or what my drawer was (the oven?).

Ah, alcohol. You've given me such fond memories.
One day I'll have to post about the powerlines getting shot down with a 10ga.

Drunk Dad sounds like those State Farm insurance commercials

alamo5000
17 March 2017, 23:13
My only alcohol related dad memory was when my dad tried to make wine once. It was stout. About 190 proof. Me and the neighbors used it to start camp fires and such for quite some time. That stuff was seriously like bottled gasoline. We filled up a mason jar with it and put the lid on and when we shot it with a gun we caught the cow pasture on fire. The mushroom cloud did look pretty cool though.

Pyzik
18 March 2017, 12:46
My only alcohol related dad memory was when my dad tried to make wine once. It was stout. About 190 proof. Me and the neighbors used it to start camp fires and such for quite some time. That stuff was seriously like bottled gasoline. We filled up a mason jar with it and put the lid on and when we shot it with a gun we caught the cow pasture on fire. The mushroom cloud did look pretty cool though.
That's awesome. Haha. 190 proof! Isn't that pretty much 95% alcohol? Lol

SINNER
19 March 2017, 04:15
I solved the money for food issue decades ago when I met my wife. When she found out I was going to my parents for lunch daily due to a shotgun I was trying to pay off she surprised me by paying off the shotgun. I didn't tell her for years I purchased a Remington 700 the day after she bought me the shotgun. 25 years later I still have all 3. LOL

Joelski
19 March 2017, 05:20
Nope. Food is a joy of life that's taken for granted by all of us in our younger days. In college, I lived on a single can of tuna, and the charity of girlfriends each day. Just like running, climbing trees, or even taking a gratifying dump; you never respect what you have as much as when it's gone. My slice of the American Dream was achieved the moment I shed my PT gigs for needs and became able to live well (enough for me) on the proceeds from a single job.

But I totally get it. I ate plain tuna from the can for 90 days in between visits home to a mom-cooked meal for this beauty.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/Guitars/215F5EEA-9FD5-49FD-A65E-87AE76CF106E_zpskz3ond9h.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Joelski144/media/Guitars/215F5EEA-9FD5-49FD-A65E-87AE76CF106E_zpskz3ond9h.jpg.html)