PDA

View Full Version : ATF declares wipes are silencer parts.

Joelski
21 March 2017, 07:46
The brain trust has decided that wipes used in Dead Air suppressors may not be replaced by the end user, effectively rendering those cans non user serviceable. Bravo, ATF. Whoever thinks the ATF is is trying to be kinder and gentler is off their flippin' rocker!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/20/wipes-silencer-parts/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-03-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Pyzik
21 March 2017, 07:51
Ban the ATF. For Fk's sake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

alamo5000
21 March 2017, 08:23
I wonder if some enterprising soul will start selling rubber gaskets on ebay right along side the threaded oil can adapters that they use for cleaning your barrel.

Slippers
21 March 2017, 09:05
The brain trust has decided that wipes used in Dead Air suppressors may not be replaced by the end user, effectively rendering those cans non user serviceable. Bravo, ATF. Whoever thinks the ATF is is trying to be kinder and gentler is off their flippin' rocker!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/20/wipes-silencer-parts/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-03-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

This isn't new. Only an ffl can purchase wipes. Been like this for over a decade.

Wipes are one of the grey areas where it's basically impossible to police. Just don't have spare ones visible at the range or in public.

UWone77
21 March 2017, 21:57
When I was researching on whether or not to get a GemTech Aurora, I was wondering why the wipes weren't classified as a controlled item by the ATF.

There goes that idea!

MoxyDave
22 March 2017, 11:11
When I was researching on whether or not to get a GemTech Aurora, I was wondering why the wipes weren't classified as a controlled item by the ATF.

There goes that idea!

That will be my next can, if I ever get another one. Despite the drawbacks ... I just love how small it is!

Joelski
22 March 2017, 13:45
This isn't new. Only an ffl can purchase wipes. Been like this for over a decade.

Wipes are one of the grey areas where it's basically impossible to police. Just don't have spare ones visible at the range or in public.

Not any more. The gist of the article is that Dead Air was told to "Cut it out!", more than likely by some loser osama <spit> holdover. And Dead Air capitulated. No more over-priced rubber grommets (unless you have a Lowe's or Home Depot handy).

UWone77
31 March 2017, 13:24
ATF rules wipes are silencer parts.

People still waiting for the HPA to pass and think the Hughes amendment is next. As SINNER would post... LMFAO [:D][BD]

SINNER
1 April 2017, 03:05
I'm glad my cheerful personality is appreciated.

Joelski
1 April 2017, 06:09
I think the breath-holders and Charlie Brown place kickers are finally losing faith. It's getting awfully crowded in the "I knew it!" Dingy.