PDA

View Full Version : WTB Glock 19 Gen 3 Slide

KW900A
24 March 2017, 13:59
I have a friend here locally looking for a gen 3 19 slide. He had a line on a stripped one but it fell through, so I'm asking here for him. He's not being terribly picky (currently) so he would be interested in stripped, complete or partial, depending on price. If anyone has or knows of anything, just let me know and I can get you in contact, or if you prefer, I can play middleman.

Thanks a bunch

2ATA
19 April 2017, 09:54
I've got a complete darn near new slide with night sights sitting on the bench. I'd have no idea what to ask for it.

KW900A
19 April 2017, 16:05
Let me make sure he's still looking and I will get back with you. He's been on graveyards so we haven't talked much in he last week or so. Thanks!

UWone77
19 April 2017, 16:15
I need a Gen 3 slide myself. However, a new one is $300. I can get an entire new G19 for $398 plus tax. Makes me torn on looking for a slide myself, since a new Glock would be more expensive, but you get the barrel and lower as well. If I could find one in the $250 range I'd definitely entertain it.

KW900A
19 April 2017, 16:39
Sent you a pm 2ATA

FortTom
20 April 2017, 01:28
I've heard many people say "doo doo" about Lone Wolf, but I've recently bought a LW "bull nosed" slide for my polymer80 project in ".357 Sig" for my own project. I can't say yet to how well it will hold up to a "hell" test, with no real tortue test, but the die mo' fo' die test will prove how well theLW holds up. Two friends of mine have a"death test" for mine in mind. (Why do I always have to tear up my stuff to prove a point with my buds?).[wow]

And seriously, to it's credit, the damned thing looks and feels like it was made out of M1 Abrahms Tank feces. Hefty.. Just saying, it might be plenty bad enough to fit your needs, for much less than something like ZEV or an equally excellent and flashy substitute, if you want to go the uber cool route. I think the LW slide may be not as pretty and cool, but functionally equal, as far as kick ass goes.

I guess if your bud's slide has to say "Glock" on the side it's going to cost you almost as much as a "Glock". Good luck, though, bud!

FT[:D]
"

KW900A
20 April 2017, 03:13
Well, this started for him when he found a 19 frame for nearly nothing. He's mainly just trying to build one and not break the bank currently. He had found a slide very cheap for sale locally but it turned out to be a gen 4, the guy had posted the ad wrong. He was all bummed out, so I told him I'd check here.

I don't know if he looked at lone wolf, but I'll pass the word along. Thanks

KW900A
2 May 2017, 10:26
I got him in touch with 2ATA and they were able to work somehing out. He's grinning like a mule eating briars, so I'd say mission accomplished.

Thanks all