PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen this?

Joelski
24 March 2017, 18:26
The firearm coloring book on RA...

I don't want to be a dick, but what the actual fvck? Is this how the millenials go gangster? Is there a social group meeting at some fru fru coffee houre to compare color palettes? Okay, couldn't resist being a dick.... But seriously!

KW900A
24 March 2017, 18:32
Are the firearms, shall we say 'anatomically correct'? Or do they look like the water pistol apple calls a gun now?

GOST
24 March 2017, 18:49
It's the coloring book by Kitfox, and yes the guns are "anatomically correct". I guess it's not for everyone, my Wife finds it disturbing that I've designed a few patches.

Joelski
24 March 2017, 19:02
Patches are accepted pretty universally for a bazillion uses. My concept of "coloring" for adults is an HVLP gun, or a DA airbrush.

KW900A
24 March 2017, 19:26
I don't know, if the guns look like guns, I could see where someone could get into that. Especially someone who, for instance was into cerakote patterns. When I was in middle school I had some coloring books with pretty intricate geometric patterns, some of them would take hours to fill in. I enjoyed it when I had some downtime.

A firearm coloring book may be pretty brash and potentially threatening in a safe space.

Dstrbdmedic167
24 March 2017, 19:26
The time it probably took someone to make those "anatomically" correct is probably longer than most probably think. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but you have to give a nod to the effort. While it may not be your thing no need to be a dick just because you don't like it. I think I'll order one now just because lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
24 March 2017, 19:51
I color Disney princesses with my girls, but don't wear patches. I'm probably the least tactical person there is. But if you don't like coloring books that's fine also, there's a bunch of things I don't care for also.

Default.mp3
24 March 2017, 19:54
Is there a social group meeting at some frou-frou coffee house to compare color palettes?FIFY.

And yes, adult coloring books have been a thing for several years now.

UWone77
24 March 2017, 21:23
I color Disney princesses with my girls, but don't wear patches. I'm probably the least tactical person there is. But if you don't like coloring books that's fine also, there's a bunch of things I don't care for also.

Like DMG Nuthuggers? [:D]

Joelski
24 March 2017, 22:23
All t he ops are max p.o.'d now 'cause some homophobic hillbilly made a funney about "adult" coloring books. What's next, dmg nuthugger Kenneth dolls?

Sounds like something to do while osamacare burns up Medicare and VA.

UWone77
24 March 2017, 22:26
I honestly was shaking my head at the coloring book. Not sure what they were thinking.

If I had to guess, I would say they owed someone a favor. Either way, I doubt there is a re-order.

Dstrbdmedic167
24 March 2017, 22:32
I didn't think much about it when I saw it other than the "blanks" looked very accurate. Thought about getting one for the kids because why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KW900A
25 March 2017, 04:30
I just checked it out. Pretty good drawings, I'd get one for my kids, but they aren't old enough yet. There may not be a large market for it, but I bet it will sell if enough people are aware of it. Like UW said (sort of), it may not sell enough to restock, but I could see it selling.

SINNER
25 March 2017, 05:17
After a friend had his hand severely injured one of his rehab exercises was coloring. I bet he would have loved something like this. Not as fun as showing up at Walter Reed with a stack of Disney Princess coloring books was for me though.

Joelski
25 March 2017, 11:00
FIFY.

And yes, adult coloring books have been a thing for several years now.

Yes, that was the gist of the question. Not fine motor control therapy, or entertaining children, but what kind of adult purchases that for his/her/itself? Seems like a relief from a level of boring I don't care to ever visit. What's wrong with going outside? I saw a doofus today at the airport, wearing head to toe white sweats with sunglasses, a beanie and his hood pulled up. It's almost 80 defrees today. My money says warrants. Sure looks like the coloring book type on his down time though!

Aragorn
25 March 2017, 11:24
I was half thinking of ordering one for the kids on my next Rainier order, whenever that'll be. Be kinda awesome to put those on the fridge right up beside their My Little Pony artwork.

My girl is 6 and would probably freak over it, but she also gets excited and into it when I let her help me build AR's (by which I mean, she hands me parts. Kudos to her though for knowing the various internals.) and is beside herself in anticipation of her first Savage.

Joelski
25 March 2017, 15:07
Aragorn; I can see that. Teach them very well.

BoilerUp
25 March 2017, 16:41
I don't understand why people go steampunk on their ARs or spend $100 extra on a lower just for a roll mark, but I learned a long time ago not to look for understanding or criticize other people's hobbies. Spending money on ammo doesn't make sense to a lot of people, either.