Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stark Equipment SE-1 AR-15 Grip thread

I have posted a quick review of the Stark Equipment SE-1 AR-15 Grip. I have not yet had a chance to put the grip to a practical test, but from everything that I have seen, it is a solid grip and appears that it will hold up well against abuse.

Click Here for Review
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested in hearing more about this, how different does the angle feel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's rubberized right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    Interested in hearing more about this, how different does the angle feel?
    I did not notice any difference with the angle from any standard AR-type pistol grip. Is that what you are asking?
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    it's rubberized right?
    The entire grip is made out of a durable hard plastic with a textured surface for improved grip. From the pictures it does appear to be "rubberized", but it is indeed plastic.

I attempted to contact Stark via the phone to find out more info about what material was used, but was unable to contact anyone on the phone.

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally speaking, the angle of the grip really made it more comfortable. This grip also came in handy with a few lowers that had broken ear tabs for the trigger guard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    I did not notice any difference with the angle from any standard AR-type pistol grip. Is that what you are asking?
    The frontstrap angle on the SE-1 is much steeper than most grips out there. Our angle is 15°, while the A2 angle is 30°. I'm too young to know first hand how soldiers were taught to hold their rifles in the 50's when the AR was designed, but anecdotally I have heard that they were taught to hold their firing arm parallel to the ground, which would make a 30° frontstrap angle more appropriate. Most training schools now teach shooters to hold the arm parallel with the body and tuck the elbow in against the belly for proper weapon support and to keep the body as compact as possible. The steeper angle of the SE-1 grip reduces stress on the firing hand wrist when the shooter is using this position.

Stark SE-1: 15°
    Standard A2: 30°
    Tango Down BattleGrip: 29°
    Hogue Rubber Grip: 29° (Best fit line through the troughs of the finger bumps)
    Ergo Grip Rigid Ambi: 27° (Best fit line through the troughs of the finger bumps)
    Command Arms G27: 27° (Best fit line through the troughs of the finger bumps)
    Magpul MIAD: 25°

Downloads
    Uploads
    The entire grip is made out of a durable hard plastic with a textured surface for improved grip. From the pictures it does appear to be "rubberized", but it is indeed plastic.

I attempted to contact Stark via the phone to find out more info about what material was used, but was unable to contact anyone on the phone.

Hope that helps.
    The SE-1 is made of a plastic that is highly impact resistant at all temperatures that humans would be able to use their rifle. Plus the plastic is resistant to the cleaners, solvents and fuels that a weapon might contact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stark - Thank you for clarifying those two issues, and welcome to the board. Can we expect to see any new products in the near future?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stark - Thank you for clarifying those two issues, and welcome to the board. Can we expect to see any new products in the near future?
    We are finalizing a version of the SE-1 for the SIG 556 rifle, a forward vertical grip and an AK-47 grip. Prototypes for all of these products were at SHOT. Our connections with Sig Sauer allowed us to display our grip on one of their 556 pistols during SHOT. The SE-1 makes a very nice grip for AR-15 and 556 pistols, by the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    We are finalizing a version of the SE-1 for the SIG 556 rifle, a forward vertical grip and an AK-47 grip. Prototypes for all of these products were at SHOT. Our connections with Sig Sauer allowed us to display our grip on one of their 556 pistols during SHOT. The SE-1 makes a very nice grip for AR-15 and 556 pistols, by the way.
    are there any pictures from the sig booth?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    are there any pictures from the sig booth?
    Here is a picture I took with my phone, so I apologize for the poor quality:

Last edited by Stark; 8 April 2009 at 06:30. Reason: Edited picture to remove the vertical grip

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it that is a Stark forward grip on the Sig as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it that is a Stark forward grip on the Sig as well?
    The original picture did have one of our prototype forward grips, but I edited it out. I don't want anyone getting in trouble for displaying that pistol as an AOW.
    Last edited by Stark; 28 April 2009 at 07:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not entirely sure that I follow the logic here: why would it be problematic to display an AOW? If this is somehow an NFA-specific item (??), we could always put it on the dedicated board.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.