Downloads
    Uploads

USSOCOM Selects M-Lok For Weapon Programs

From Magpul Industries Corp:
    We've finally been approved to release this. We'd like to thank all of those who have worked with, helped advance and adopted the M-LOK system for their own products and helped to make it what it is today. And yes, as promised, M-LOK will continue to be a FREE license to interested parties.

Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (NSWC Crane) conducted testing for the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) to evaluate modular rail systems and provide a recommendation based on the performance characteristics of each system. Modular rail systems were evaluated for repeatability, endurance, rough handling, drop testing, and static failure load. Where possible, handguards manufactured in different modular rail systems, but otherwise identical, were used as a basis for a comparative analysis. All tested modular rail systems showed to be adequate for securing accessories during cyclic loading through endurance and rough handling testing. However, distinct performance differences were observed from repeatability, drop test, and failure load analysis. Overall, test and evaluation demonstrated that the M-LOKTM modular rail system surpassed the performance results achieved by other modular rail systems. In repeatability testing, M-LOKTM allowed for the repeated installation of the same accessory rail in the same location on a handguard with an average point of aim (POA) shift of 1.3 MOA, as low as one quarter the average POA shift observed by other modular rail systems. Drop test results demonstrated that M-LOKTM systems maintain securement of accessories to the handguard and sustain less damage from impact forces than some other modular rail systems. Failure load testing demonstrated that M-LOKTM systems support the highest load of all modular rail systems tested. In fact, the test equipment used to interface with 1913 accessory rails secured with the respective modular rail system across testing repeatedly failed prior to failure of the M-LOKTM attachment system. Even so, testing of the M-LOKTM systems failed at loads as high as over three times the maximum failure load of some other modular rail systems. NSWC Crane recommended to USSOCOM that the M-LOKTM modular rail system be utilized over the alternative systems tested. USSOCOM has chosen to incorporate the M-LOKTM modular rail system in acquisition efforts including the Suppressed Upper Receiver Group (SURG) and Advanced Sniper Rifle (ASR).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally I don't like to break things intentionally, but what I wouldn't give to be part of Crane's T&E team!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still sucks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    From Magpul Industries Corp:

.... All tested modular rail systems showed to be adequate for securing accessories during cyclic loading through endurance and rough handling testing.

And that right there is what matters. KeyMod, M-Lok, whatever. They all work fine.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    And that right there is what matters. KeyMod, M-Lok, whatever. They all work fine.
    Your QD mounts are another reason why KeyMod is superior. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Adequate is a shitty aspiration, IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Adequate is a shitty aspiration, IMO.
    Depends on what is meant by adequate, which in itself is a problem, since we don't know the test protocol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not surprised......and yes I'm a keymod hater.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that muffler strapping?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder....now is there going to be a mass exodus of K-Mod users and accessories, because everyone wants to be a S.E.A.L and subsequently research, development and manufacturing of new accessories due to a sudden decrease in demand?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I wonder....now is there going to be a mass exodus of K-Mod users and accessories, because everyone wants to be a S.E.A.L and subsequently research, development and manufacturing of new accessories due to a sudden decrease in demand?

FT
    where can I invest?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post

FT
    Fortunately for me I didn't know any better when I started.

I originally bought a keymod rail because that was what all those Noveske rifles had on em. About a day later I got an email that says they were out of stock and asked if I would like to wait or get the M-lok version.

After that I was just too cheap to keep buying accessories so I just kept everything consistent.

That's about as much difference as it makes to me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Fortunately for me I didn't know any better when I started.

I originally bought a keymod rail because that was what all those Noveske rifles had on em. About a day later I got an email that says they were out of stock and asked if I would like to wait or get the M-lok version.

After that I was just too cheap to keep buying accessories so I just kept everything consistent.

That's about as much difference as it makes to me
    I already had a few K-mod rifles, when the M-Lok came out, so it was about the same for me. Didn't feel the need to change, and although I like to try new stuff whenever possible, sometimes I like conformity and familiarity when something works out for me. So I chose not to switch to M-lok. Plus, like you, I like the ability to easily swap accessories around.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a good endorsement for M-LOK, for sure. But it also make sense that an aluminum M-LOK attachment would have more strength than an aluminum KeyMod attachment since M-LOK was designed for plastic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The details of the test can be found here: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/05...at-nswc-crane/