Downloads
    Uploads

Replacing sights...

I'm looking at getting a set of the new HD's for my H&K and my question is does anybody know of a decent, reasonably-priced installation tool that works with a variety of pistols? If so, I'll look into buying it to use with my other guns. If it doesn't work that way, I'll probably just take it somewhere.

Not really holding my breath for a cover-all solution, but I'll be tickled if there is.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a brass punch. Here's a pusher that you I interchange shoes for different pistols.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...24-163835.aspx
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ouch! That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping for closer to $150. Looks like I'll be sending it out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah they're high, that's why I ended up just using a brass punch.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sigh... I really don't want to send it, or spend $300 bones on a base model pusher, but whatayagonnado? I like the trigger too well to send it to Greyman, or I'd just get it done there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few sight pushers that claim to be universal that are a lot cheaper, $40-$80 range. I've never used those though.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make a sight pusher out of c-clamps. Their is a YouTube video on how to do it. The video is for Block sights though.

https://youtu.be/VVObCaoF260

NCStar makes one for 45.00. Optics Planet sells. I know suggesting NCStar here is like suggesting someone buy a highpoint or Lorcen as a conceal carry pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a file and punch Amazon has some pushers in the 45 dollar range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the Universal. High up front costs, but then you can charge people to swap out their sights.

You'll make your money back in no time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you send the sights and slide to HK, they will install it for about $30. turnaround takes a week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I made some vise jaws out of delrin, insert the slide into the vise and use a delrin rod to punch out the sights. Much softer than brass so it does not damage the finish, but still plenty hard enough to push the sights out. Same material cutting boards are made from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MGW Sight Pro > anything . I several model specific MGW sight pushers at the shop and they are great but I needed one for suppressor sight's and went with the MGW Sight Pro and it is fantastic , yes the upfront cost is high but it works with practically everything and makes all the $150 model specific ones we have at the shop sit and collect dust .

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem is that the $350 pusher would collect dust after one use. I watched a guy crack a tritium vial and murder his front sight trying to dick around with a hammer. I'm just not going to worry about it. What I will do is put a SF 300 series on it, move the Streamlight over to my HD Glock and fuggedaboudit. Who needs night sights with lights?

Damn, I saved $650, so I can drop $300-ish (usually better) on the SF light and be way ahead!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a XS 24/7 Express Big Dots on my HKs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'm looking at getting a set of the new HD's for my H&K and my question is does anybody know of a decent, reasonably-priced installation tool that works with a variety of pistols? If so, I'll look into buying it to use with my other guns. If it doesn't work that way, I'll probably just take it somewhere.

Not really holding my breath for a cover-all solution, but I'll be tickled if there is.
    I JUST had the sites on my 226 replaced from the standard ones to suppressor sites. It was NOT a hard process at all. My gunsmith actually teaches me as he does stuff.

His words not mine were "I have tried every kind of pusher and they don't work that well for me".

He ended up using a small 3 or so inch long piece of square aluminum bar stock and a blueing pen. He said "This is the best option" and "I will show you how to do it".

He just ground down that little bar to the right size and squared it up, put the slide in a vice that had aluminum L stock with some solid rubber glued to it. Got a good solid fit then knocked the old sites out and put the new sites in. After he was done he used the blueing pen to erase all the aluminum marks left over. It just dissolved right off.

After he was done he used an old toothbrush and some gun oil and scrubbed the crap out of it to help prevent rusting and that was it. Looks like it came from the factory.