WEVO-ers,
Good Afternoon, evening, or morning. This is my first post here in the world of WEVO. I've been a reader of some pretty nice threads. Excellent pics and in general, just a very, very informative forum, that honestly, is just a pleasure to spend time reading. If there is a lot of bickering or my barrel is bigger than your barrel, I haven't seen it. I'm hoping it's because that stuff is reserved for TOS. Anyway, I would rather my first post written in an effort to help or answer a question, but it is what it is, I appreciate your understanding.

So I've got a LR-308 that is 99.9999% complete. The only, ONLY missing part is (of course you already know...) the RAIL. I've never had a more enigmatic AR part before than this rail is. I've built quite a few AR-15's. Generally, my rail o' choice is a LaRue Tactical, I have them from 9" to 13.2". Yep, I'm a quad rail man. I like the heft and weight, and the general feeling that I could drive over it in a tanks and it still shoot. Or zonk someone on the head with that thing and bring lights out quicker than a solar flare. Not that I go around zonking people on the head. Not at all. So that's been my goto rail for the most part since I left M4's behind and started building my own. I did install a Centurion C4, just to check it out. And recently, I had a really good friend give me a KAC URX 4 10.75" MLOK rail that I used on a DD 11.5 SBR build. It's a beaut of a rail. I have an Arisaka offset @ the 45 with a little SF 300 and nice tapeswitch, and a Naroh handstop. That's it. Nice and clean. Efficient. I do have some Magpul Type 2 rail covers on it. That's it.

Here's my dilemma and my reason for reaching out to total strangers for their opinion. I just cannot make up my flipping mind on this rail. I do know one thing: It will be an SLR Rifleworks rail. I recently sent back a 16" SOLO because it was just too long, and I didn't have the 45 degree mounting surface that I could potentially use. So Chase @ SLR (Who is awesome.) let me pull it off my weapon and ship the rail back and now I'm ready to pull the trigger. I did shorten it a little. 15". Does one inch make a difference? yeah, I think so. But the main point is that I switched gears. I decided I did not want to do a hybrid rail - meaning it will either be a full MLOK (except for the top rail, that has to be picatinny) or it will be a quad rail. I know the SLR is not my LT, but I read the post that Munitions made on here about the quad rail, that was in 2015, so apparently there was enough interest to push it from prototype to production. Cool right!? This AR is designated as my DMR (If you are wondering purpose/role). I've already got my optic for it. It will likely not run a light, I don't see a big need for a light on a DMR. (but it could some day) I have an Atlas bipod with an ADM mount, but could as easily pick up a MLOK bipod mount.

So what are you thoughts good strangers? Is there a compelling reason to go with one or the other? My visual self says, "Dang that MLOK will look really nice!" The practical tactical side of me says, stay the course. Get the quad rail. It's what you know, you can put your LaRue index clips on it, your AFG or whatever, and be happy as a possum in mollasses. I've never built an AR with aestetics in mind. They look like very solid tools. They are functional and ready for whatever I need them to do. To me, there is a beauty in that. So I think that's one reason this is a tough decision. Sorry that my first post is so long and asking for help rather than giving, but I thank you for any input you may have.

- RTT

Here are the candidates of the evening...

15" Quad Rail

15" ION Lite MLOK

You know I don't even know if others makes these types of posts. Hopefully it's cool. I figured since it's my first post, I may have a little grace if it's not a "WEVO" thing to do. :) Besides this is my first poll ever! Woohoo11