Downloads
    Uploads

Full Color Night Vision

"SPI, a Las Vegas-based company, has developed a revolutionary night vision sensor called the X27. But what makes the X27 so advanced? Well, just to begin with, this ultra-sensitive sensor is able to shoot both ordinary images during the day as well as full-color night-vision images."

Link is listed below.

http://tribunist.com/technology/this...-forces-video/

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Wish I could get my hands on one of those!
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Wow! Wish I could get my hands on one of those!
    Rumor has it that thing costs around 30 grand. Pretty steep but fun to discuss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That second video there is really impressive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want it in quad tube, wide aspect. Boy is Santa going to be pissed this year!!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Rumor has it that thing costs around 30 grand. Pretty steep but fun to discuss.
    With GPNVG-18s costing between $30K-40K, that's a very good price. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some optical limitations. It would be interesting to know if you can adjust this on the fly in the field or if it has to be set up on test box first, like the -18s.

I'm also not real clear on how it handles heat. It apparently picks up near-IR (given the strobes), so what does it look like when looking at exhaust or incompatible lighting (which was noticeably missing in the video)? I'm guessing the image would deteriorate a bit. But probably no more than OMNI VIs or better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We buy two 750ml bottles of super fine bourbon, tell Gatordev it's his birthday, get him drunk, then steal his
    30-40K? Problem solved!.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    We buy two 750ml bottles of super fine bourbon, tell Gatordev it's his birthday, get him drunk, then steal his
    30-40K? Problem solved!.
    FT
    I'm in! Let's get this party started!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    With GPNVG-18s costing between $30K-40K, that's a very good price. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some optical limitations. It would be interesting to know if you can adjust this on the fly in the field or if it has to be set up on test box first, like the -18s.

I'm also not real clear on how it handles heat. It apparently picks up near-IR (given the strobes), so what does it look like when looking at exhaust or incompatible lighting (which was noticeably missing in the video)? I'm guessing the image would deteriorate a bit. But probably no more than OMNI VIs or better.
    I am guessing about that price based on my friend Google's speculative friends that were posting

BTW which video did you watch? The first was kind of simple. The second one did a lot more comparison. In that second one they did daytime and night time and even pointed the thing directly into the sun. Skip to 7:07 in the second video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT
    Scotch, my friend. Scotch. And I don't have GPNVG-18s. I don't even get to use OMNI-VIs unless they've accidentally trickled into the supply system (which is slowly happening).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    BTW which video did you watch? The first was kind of simple. The second one did a lot more comparison. In that second one they did daytime and night time and even pointed the thing directly into the sun. Skip to 7:07 in the second video.
    But that's not showing heat, that's showing visible spectrum during the day. Apparently the thing is a dual-role DTV/LLTV/plus some other wicked cool technology. What I'm talking about is looking at something giving off lots of heat (near IR) while at night. It may handle it very well, but I didn't see that which makes me curious. For legacy NVGs, exhaust or lots of near-IR tends to degain the image (like they show with the laser demo), but I didn't see a demo of how that works with this system.

And wow, is that thing big. Hadn't seen the device the first time I clicked through the videos. Definitely not something wearable (yet). The last brief I got on color wearable tubes was something along the lines of it being a technology limitation given the size. Hopefully someday it can be overcome, if it's not already on its way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    And wow, is that thing big.
    Yeah. I hear that a lot.

HAHAA!

That camera though would have to be mounted on something. A vehicle of some sort or to monitor the perimeter of an installation or something of that sort. Lugging that thing around would be a chore but I would betcha that would bring a lot of fun to the party in some military circles.

I don't know nothing about that kind of thing but I can speculate!