Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite ACOG mount

A while ago, I scored a TA33. I really like the optic, but the already full size mount is quite bulky. I don't necessarily need a QD, just want to keep the scope height as is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have an ACOG, but when I do I get one I can't imagine mounting it with anything other than a Bobro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think SLR has one of the best looking TA33 mounts on the market - simple, clean, and affordable.

They make two versions because apparently Trijicon changed the base length at some point.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=803

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=827

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only got one (TA31), but it sits in a Larue QD mount I bought about 7 years ago. If I got another TA31, I'd stick with Larue - mostly because I have no complaints with my current one and I like the design of two locking levers on the longer acog mounts. With a TA33 though, I'd probably lean towards Bobro, but also be looking at ADM and Larue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bobro hands down. Own or owned just about every ACOG mount made. Currently have 2 LaRue's and 2 Bobro's on my ACOGs. I'm 99% sure I have a few LaRue's I've replaced laying around. I'll look tonight if your interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, as much of a Bobro fan as I am, that SLR is hard to beat for the price if you don't care about QD. I've given SLR a few hundred bucks over the years and I've been impressed with everything I've gotten from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Mounts that don't damage your rail, so Bobro or MI are on top of my list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in mind that the TA33 needs to be mounted higher to be most effective. I'm kind of partial to the SLR mount, maybe because I was the one that got the ball rolling on it. ADM has a new mount coming out specifically for the TA33 and TA44. I played a small part in testing that one out as well. And the Bobro compact high mount is the Cadillac of TA33 mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All great input. Thanks guys. I really like that SLR mount, but with UWone77s comment, does anyone have experience on clamping it on the rail? I'm a fan the BoBro, but I like the smaller MI QD footprint.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SLR isn't going to mar your rail, fixed mounts don't tend to do that. Certain QD mounts do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    All great input. Thanks guys. I really like that SLR mount, but with UWone77s comment, does anyone have experience on clamping it on the rail? I'm a fan the BoBro, but I like the smaller MI QD footprint.
    I'm pretty sure UWone77s comment was in reference to other QD mounts like ADM or LaRue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ADM mounts cause no damage. LaRue on the other hand does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DekNgo View Post
    I'm pretty sure UWone77s comment was in reference to other QD mounts like ADM or LaRue.
    Just one of the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree on the one as well.....I'm actually always surprised how many people swear by them.