Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feed problems

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 67 View Post
    I suspect that I started with the AE 5.56 ammo first. I had thrown some in, on the top of the box before I left for the range. The problems didn't start until I started using the UMC stuff. I read that 5.56 has a bit more pressure than .223, so I'm guessing that I'm getting a short cycle. Just enough to cause the feed issue and lock-back inconsistencies as well. My "dripping" reference was an exaggeration, but I'm thinking I'm running too dry. I've been using Hoppes oil, but I may switch over to CLP to penetrate better. BTW, I didn't mean to start a fight here, so everybody please, go to your corners, calm down, and come out hugging. :)
    Heavy lube is important for a somewhat high round count, like in a class, but a moderate amount will suffice for most. Just don't run it dry. While any gun oil will work, some are better than others. Slip 2000 is one that has a good track record. I still have a few sample size bottles floating around. PM me if you want to try some out. I can drop one in the mail tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I lubed it today with CLR so I'll see if that works. I won't be shooting until Friday, so I'll let you know then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Actually, we're going to throw away your post.

Quit being a Dick. In fact, take some time off and decide if you want to come back in 72 hours.
    Damn, UW, 11 posts. That must be some kind of record. I don't think I've ever seen anyone banned here...
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Damn, UW, 11 posts. That must be some kind of record. I don't think I've ever seen anyone banned here...
    In almost 5 years, I think I've banned like 4 people total. They were all un-banned as they were temporary in nature.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got back from the range and I'm pleased to report that the rifle ran much smoother today. 150 rounds put through it. I still had a couple of feed problems, but I'm convinced that when the gun gets some more use, things will settle. I'm sure the buffer spring is real stiff right now, but will loosen up some and general wear will make it more forgiving. Groups were acceptable, but it's only a 40 ft. range. Thank you all for your input.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 67 View Post
    I just got back from the range and I'm pleased to report that the rifle ran much smoother today. 150 rounds put through it. I still had a couple of feed problems, but I'm convinced that when the gun gets some more use, things will settle. I'm sure the buffer spring is real stiff right now, but will loosen up some and general wear will make it more forgiving. Groups were acceptable, but it's only a 40 ft. range. Thank you all for your input.
    What did you do different today, besides a better lube process? Ammo? Mags? Glad things worked out for you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just lube. Same ammo and mags.