Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament Revolution Silencer Upgrade

I'm posting this question for Griffin here for other Rev 9 owners who may wish to do the upgrade.
    From the webpage:
    "**IMPORTANT!! READ BELOW**
    This program is to update your Revolution Silencer to the current housing. To complete this transaction, you will need to purchase this upgrade, review your manual for the part listed as "Booster Housing" to send in, and a copy of your Form 4. ONLY SEND IN YOUR BOOSTER HOUSING PART, NOT YOUR SILENCER TUBE BODY. Failure to follow these steps will result in cancellation of your order."
    https://www.griffinarmament.com/prod...revupgrade.htm

I'm finding my booster housing and piston housing impossible to separate no matter how hot I get it. Just not enough purchase on the knurled rim. The upgrade looks like a welcome fix to this problem.

So my question is, despite that scary caps "ONLY SEND BOOSTER HOUSING PART...", can I send booster housing WITH the stuck piston housing? The webpage looks like neither will be needed post-upgrade.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    We arent taking tubes in because this offer doesnt involve any service work. However if you want to send both parts in together (the housing and extension) that is fine. The internal housing is part of our Revolution brake and not a dedicated silencer part, which is why we do not requite it to be sent in. The extension needs to be sent in due to NFA regs.

Thanks,

-CS
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the lightning response. I'm looking forward to finally trying the K configuration.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    How can I tell if this is applicable to me or not? I have a Rev 9 but I don't know what Gen it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The smooth edges of the booster housing and knirled edge piston housing are old gen. The notched edged are the upgrade. I believe the only advantage is easier disassembly of loctited parts with the included wrench. Just what I need, but may be moot for you.

My pics seem to have vanished. I'll try again to post the differences.

Edit: Weird. Now I see the pics again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the tube has to get sent in does it have to be shipped any special way? Can it just be sent Priority Mail or does it have to be an FFL?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The booster housing is not serialized so Priority is fine. Don't forget the copy of Form 4. Sent mine in a couple days ago.