Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    And ordered. I'll let you guys know when it gets here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got one coming also. Been waiting on this to drop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look what I found in the mail box. I like. Need some range time behind it. They are gonna make a killing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice...

..waiting for gen 4....

Downloads
    Uploads
    First impressions? Not bad for a $25 magwell. Certainly nowhere near as nice as the aluminum versions, but they work. That BattleCock Stippling Doe...

Name:  5S3A5455.jpg
Views: 2168
Size:  989.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a genuine question and not meant to have any snark attached to it... What do these things do that a stock Glock mag well doesn't do? I understand it's supposed to make it faster/better/smoother/whatever, but realistically, with actual data, what specific benefit is it giving? .1 seconds? .5 Seconds? Of all the things to make a fast time with good hits, getting my mag into my well isn't my first concern.

I'm not asking what flared mag wells do, in general. I get the intent, but for a stock Glock with this added, is it actually measurably better? And by what metric? If it is, and they come out with Gen 4 versions, I'm interested, but I'm just having a hard time "getting it" with out data.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm worried this might negatively impact the aesthetics of my Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    This is a genuine question and not meant to have any snark attached to it... What do these things do that a stock Glock mag well doesn't do? I understand it's supposed to make it faster/better/smoother/whatever, but realistically, with actual data, what specific benefit is it giving? .1 seconds? .5 Seconds? Of all the things to make a fast time with good hits, getting my mag into my well isn't my first concern.

I'm not asking what flared mag wells do, in general. I get the intent, but for a stock Glock with this added, is it actually measurably better? And by what metric? If it is, and they come out with Gen 4 versions, I'm interested, but I'm just having a hard time "getting it" with out data.
    I find the bigger magwells (such as the ALG Defense) do a lot better on reloads, especially under stress. How much faster? I don't know, I find it helpful though

These smaller magwells such as the Magpul are more aesthetic than anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

MAGPUL™ GL ENHANCED MAGAZINE WELL

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Thats my concern with these. However, I'm thinking I'll buy a couple and see how conducive they are to permanent welding to the frame to allow for maximum beveling inside the magwell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I find the bigger magwells (such as the ALG Defense) do a lot better on reloads, especially under stress. How much faster? I don't know, I find it helpful though

Yeah, I can certainly understand the benefit of an actual widened well, but since these aren't actually changing anything to the mag well shaft, I figured I'd ask what I was missing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In all reality after umpteen thousands of mag changes while training I don't ever recall missing the mag well even in the slightest. With ammo in the mag it makes for a snag less insertion. If people want these on their pistols well then its their money and firearm but the selling points are just that, selling points. It may save time if you miss but practicing mag changes will reduce that minimal variable. I think the attraction is that it does the same thing as the more expensive version but that brings me back to my original point. To each his own. This is a carry over from the three gun/competition guys who use this to shave a few tenths of a second off their time where it can mean the difference between winning or losing a match.
    Last edited by Stone; 11 June 2017 at 08:57.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Thats my concern with these. However, I'm thinking I'll buy a couple and see how conducive they are to permanent welding to the frame to allow for maximum beveling inside the magwell.
    Good Lord man, is there any part to your Battle Glock Tactical that you don't intend on touching?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    guys who use this to shave a few tenths of a second off their time where it can mean the difference between winning or losing a match.
    Not saying you're wrong - but wouldn't the same be true for a gunfight?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Not saying you're wrong - but wouldn't the same be true for a gunfight?
    Bingo.

I see this all the time on the speed drill portion of our quals. Guys are trying to get through as many mags as possible, and they sometimes fumble with getting the mag inserted. I know a magwell would help in that situation. I know you can argue more practice and training, but under stress, it's all about the gross motor skills.