Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Several companies have produced that style of BCG. The match grade is often referring the profile and finish of the carrier. The extra added mass on the front of the carrier is said to assist with a more consistent bolt lockup.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. Glad I asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    ok so rainier has a "match grade" bcg... https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...phosphate-bcg/ what does match grade even mean? lol

Match grade roughly translated can mean "Buyer beware" and is the most over-used term in shooting sports today. Remember 10 years ago when everything coming to market was "Tactical"? Same effect. Match grade should imply a high degree of accuracy and is normally dependent on using "Match grade", or high quality ammunition. The term most commonly applies to triggers, barrels and ammo.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never seen a match grade BCG before. That said, I'd never of match gas blocks either until I saw Rainier's and understood how their gas blocks are a better fit to their match barrels. If I wagered, Rainier had their BCG machines to higher tolerances for a precise fit in their upper receiver. Likely their bolts are headspaced to their match barrels too.

Looking at the review of that one in particular and I'd keep away from it. Not sure the story there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Young Manufacturing was the first I remember using a carrier with that profile, but there are a lot of companies using it now. Young makes a great BCG, here's their details:

National Match Bolt Carrier by Young Manufacturing, Inc. This bolt carrier is 1/2 oz heavier and has more surface area at the carrier front. These additions provide improved alignment of the bolt carrier as it moves in the receiver, tighter tolerances, more consistent bolt-lockup, and generally much smoother operation. This bolt carrier causes less wear, improved accuracy, and overall better function. All Y/M carriers are made using these high standards. The extra precision, quality, and post production processes are among the reasons top custom companies choose Young Manufacturing, Inc bolt carriers. You should too! (Available in AR-15 and M-16)

Features:

1⁄2 oz heavier than standard carrier

Full diameter at carrier front provides increased support and alignment strength in battery position

Carriers precision ground between centers after heat treatment

Removes distortions from heat treat process Ensures straightness and accuracy

Full hammer ramp machined for smoother operation

https://www.rainierarms.com/young-mf...carrier-group/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, Young was pretty much first on scene. Retailers were staking gas keys because Young didn't believe in them.