Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What BCG would you use?

so I have a S&W Sport II, and I am strongly considering buying another BCG. Obviously there is nothing wrong with the one that came with it, but I'd like to accomplish two things with a new one:

1. The new version needs to have some kind of treatment, process or coating that makes it a bit more reliable if it has to go to a high round count between cleanings and lubrication.
    Something like chrome, NP3, melonite or similar.

2. This will allow me to pillage the bolt and all the other parts off the factory BCG and store them in the stock or in a pack as back-up to breakage.

So. The question is, which BCG would you use, and why? Also, it would be helpful if the one you recommend was actually available, not some unicorn-vaporware part that no one can ever find in-stock somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't waste your money. Lube is cheap. Cleaning is overrated. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Don't waste your money. Lube is cheap. Cleaning is overrated. :)
    My duty guns are basically the only guns that get a good cleaning. Everything else gets lube, a wipe down, and some quick bore snake action.

I still like nitride and NiB coatings though as they make the wipe down process easier as it's not a porous as phosphate. If it was 7-8 years ago when say Fail Zero was the only game in town and $250, I'd say pass. Nowadays a lot of options out there for the same or a few dollars more than their phosphate counterparts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I often hear Sionics in a positive light: http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...d-cam-pin.html

I personally use LMT Enhanced BCGs in my DI guns; I don't really care for coated/treated carriers, and rather just add lube, particularly since I shoot suppressed almost exclusively.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A quality NiB or NP3. Makes cleaning as simple as spraying on some "Gun Scrubber" and wiping with a piece of T-shirt. On those bolts, any left on carbon build up can be "scraped" with my thumbnail. Make sure you re-lube well, the gun scrubber takes everything off. You can also use the cheap brake cleaner spray from Wal Mart for about a buck a can, but it's not safe for use on wood, rubber or polymer parts. This method makes cleaning the Lower, Upper and BCG about a 20 minute affair. I have scrapped enough phosphorus bolts in my life time to last me forever, and now it's just been a minor distraction, for a number of years.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 19 April 2017 at 14:40.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Stone; 19 April 2017 at 14:59.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    two or three times a year Primary Arms will sell the Fail Zero BCGs for $99. I'd wait for that deal to come up again and jump on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I often hear Sionics in a positive light: http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...d-cam-pin.html
    This is the BCG I've been looking at getting. Well, I've been looking at sending mine to Robar for the treatment, but it's spendy after the fact.

Edit: Lefty BCGs
    Last edited by cjd3; 19 April 2017 at 23:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger has the Sionics BCGs for sale on the Forward Controls website. Ordering from him should save you approximately one-hundred billion dollars on shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Sharps BBC and Relia Bolt. I know it had some teething issues and some bad press from some YouTube vids showing early breakage of the bolt but it was also determined that it was more than likely a faulty gun that caused those issues. It's not much more than a lot I've seen and still coming in less than Fail Zero used to peddle their product for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You won't find many people around here falling for gimmick products that are a cure for a problem that does not exist.

I'd go with either of these and not look back.

https://www.cmttac.com/AR_Components?product_id=151

http://fathomarms.com/product/black-...roup-mil-spec/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have added that one of the things I look for is a C-158 bolt. Lots of very good bolts that use 9310, but I prefer to stick with mil-spec because I believe everything I read on the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up a couple NiB BCGs from PSA on sale a while back; MPI, HPT, C-158 bolt. I run them in suppressed guns and I have had zero issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    two or three times a year Primary Arms will sell the Fail Zero BCGs for $99. I'd wait for that deal to come up again and jump on it.
    Figures....I think I paid about $200 bucks ea. for mine. Used to come with an extra NiB hammer.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Figures....I think I paid about $200 bucks ea. for mine. Used to come with an extra NiB hammer.

FT
    The new Fail Zero kits include the entire trigger group for $199 now.

Or get just the BCG on sale for $99, and if you really want the hammer, you can buy them directly from FZ for $25.