Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
He's referring to M4Carbine.net. The focus of many is on battle-ready and boringly reliable rifles which sucks the fun out of the room. Still, Colt is the best value available right now. At under $700 you can get a full rifle that needs only a Magpul handguard, stock, and rear sight.

That said, you've been given fantastic options above and many have taken their time to find you items in line with your descriptions. I would thank them regardless of the direction you go. And it sounds like you should save a little more for known quality before jumping in or find a cheaper hobby.
I fully appreciate the help everyone has given, don't get me wrong. I hope I'm not coming off as ungrateful. But I think people misunderstand when I say I can't afford to spend every weekend shooting the amount I want to shoot. I have a family and I spend a lot of time with them. I'm sure they don't feel the same about range time as I do. Having a family also means sometimes putting their needs ahead of my own (crazy I know). But I don't have a job that has crazy amounts of expendable income like it sounds most of you have. I'm a noob just trying to get my feet wet building a quality firearm for the least amount of money possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk