Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Colt / KAC Project

Not sure how this is going to turn out, but it all started with a couple of Colt OEM1 purchases. I decided to use one of the Colt OEM's to install a FSB DD RIS II Rail (Thanks SINNER) The other Colt lower, I planned to SBR to finish a CQBR gun.

So I've got this extra Colt Upper, a KAC RAS, and a KAC Stripped Lower. I cut the 16" barrel down to 10.3" Rainier Arms did the work. I could do a MK18 Mod 0, but then I'd feel like I should have used the Colt Lower. I also don't want to pony up for another PEQ-2 or additional "clone" parts for this.

Name:  5S3A5240.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  456.6 KB
    Name:  5S3A5241.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  793.5 KB
    Attachment 3284

Not sure how the rest of the gun will turn out, but I'm going to fill out a Form 1 for the KAC Lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A5227.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  689.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did Rainier do the gas port work as well? I didn't realize they had that ability now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Did Rainier do the gas port work as well? I didn't realize they had that ability now.
    I'm not going to mess with the gas port until I shoot it with and without the can. It'll probably need to be opened up slightly, but if it only cycles with a can, I'm fine with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info, UW. Looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Name:  5S3A5227.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  689.5 KB
    DROOOOOOOOL

Do they sell KAC lowers by themselves, or was that one you stripped off a complete rifle?

What size is the gas port? It was probably .62 or .63.....I doubt you'll want to open it up for blowback reasons, especially if you throw the Mini 4 on there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Colt / KAC Project

KAC sold the stripped non-ambi lowers earlier this year. No word if they will do it again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're in stock at Tombstone.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they stop production? I thought dealers were getting regular albeit limited restocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    DROOOOOOOOL

Do they sell KAC lowers by themselves, or was that one you stripped off a complete rifle?

What size is the gas port? It was probably .62 or .63.....I doubt you'll want to open it up for blowback reasons, especially if you throw the Mini 4 on there.
    I believe 16" Colt spec is .063

.070 on a 10.3" so I believe it will cycle just fine with a suppressor. This one is going to get the SOCOM 3 Prong. only because 4 prongs are crazy money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe 16" Colt spec is .063

.070 on a 10.3" so I believe it will cycle just fine with a suppressor. This one is going to get the SOCOM 3 Prong. only because 4 prongs are crazy money.
    I left out a zero. That would make a big difference

And with the other pictures of your gear you post.....if you're saying it's crazy money, I'll take your word for it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they stop production? I thought dealers were getting regular albeit limited restocks.
    That's what I heard. But I stand corrected if that's the case. I heard smallarmsales and BoltCarrier haven't had stock in a while. That Tombstone has them is good news.

Back to your regular program.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post

And with the other pictures of your gear you post.....if you're saying it's crazy money, I'll take your word for it
    They typically start at ~$300 and quickly go up from there. They're not sold on the civilian market in retail, so either you get a hook up from SF or you find one for sale that someone is marking up.

The clone market seems to be significantly over-inflated right now, in large part (I'd argue) due to FB groups popping up. People are getting into the Clone game who don't usually surf ARF, which is increasing demand for lots of parts that haven't been sold new on the market for a while (like FDE RIS II rails).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Period-correctness always equates to cubic dollars, although one would think SF would put on a few days of production just to soak up the civvy market dollars.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice solid build. The more I shoot the Tricon the more I like it.

Glad to see that DD fore end being used. Have I missed the pics of that upper or still not built?