Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Nice solid build. The more I shoot the Tricon the more I like it.

Glad to see that DD fore end being used. Have I missed the pics of that upper or still not built?
    Not yet built. It's going on the other Colt OEM1 I'm just having a tough time deciding since I'm not a 100% cloner to just throw it on the 16" barrel, or swap it out for a Colt 14.5" or just cut down the existing 16"

On a side note, I ran 90 rounds through the 10.3" today, just to check function. With a standard H buffer on an SBR lower, the 10.3" ran 100% on UMC 55gr ammo without a hitch. I'm pretty pleased with this, since the gun ran soooooooo smoothly without a can. I think with the .063 gas port, it'll be about as good as suppressor host as you can get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll be sexy either way. What optic would you put on it?
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Not yet built. It's going on the other Colt OEM1 I'm just having a tough time deciding since I'm not a 100% cloner to just throw it on the 16" barrel, or swap it out for a Colt 14.5" or just cut down the existing 16"

On a side note, I ran 90 rounds through the 10.3" today, just to check function. With a standard H buffer on an SBR lower, the 10.3" ran 100% on UMC 55gr ammo without a hitch. I'm pretty pleased with this, since the gun ran soooooooo smoothly without a can. I think with the .063 gas port, it'll be about as good as suppressor host as you can get.
    Personally, I think a 16" M4 barrel cut down to 14.5" just looks awkward, clone or not. And since, let's be honest, you have so many other rifles that this one will be built in part due to looks, I wouldn't recommend going that direction.

But it's very easy for me to spend your money, so ignore as you see fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Personally, I think a 16" M4 barrel cut down to 14.5" just looks awkward, clone or not. And since, let's be honest, you have so many other rifles that this one will be built in part due to looks, I wouldn't recommend going that direction.

But it's very easy for me to spend your money, so ignore as you see fit.
    I agree. It was more of a passing thought. I've been looking on and off for a 14.5" FSB barrel, but it's kind of on the back burner.

Name:  5S3A5246.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  1.99 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered the colt 14.5” with the socom profile or are you looking to go with a true clone?