Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Has Anyone Handled the New M&P 2.0?

Just curious what you think. I've got 3 with APEX FSS triggers, and really like them all, and don't anticipate purchasing a "2.0", unless the new models are a world above what I have now.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the M2.0 a lot better than I thought I would. The new grip feels like a custom stipple job, and the trigger feels a lot better also. Seems to fit shooters with smaller hands very well.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one for a few months. Felt much better than an original to me. Trigger is better for sure

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I had one for a few months. Felt much better than an original to me. Trigger is better for sure
    DM,

Not too much love for the originals around here. Most talk about the crappy triggers. Granted I did replace the triggers with the APEX FSS trigger kits, but I replace the triggers in my Glocks as well. I could see where if it's a duty gun, and the agency or department won't let you replace your triggers, then I may have passed on them too.

Anyway, the 2.0 would have to have a hell of a trigger, for me to ditch one of mine and buy one! I may just go look at one tomorrow, if they have them in stock. I'm curious if they kept the price around the same as the originals? That was one of the most appealing things to me, until I recently found out that I could get the MIL discount (some discounts only apply to active duty, not retiree's). Was pissed that I paid $499 plus tax for mine, after I found that out.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    DM,

Not too much love for the originals around here. Most talk about the crappy triggers. Granted I did replace the triggers with the APEX FSS trigger kits, but I replace the triggers in my Glocks as well. I could see where if it's a duty gun, and the agency or department won't let you replace your triggers, then I may have passed on them too.

Anyway, the 2.0 would have to have a hell of a trigger, for me to ditch one of mine and buy one! I may just go look at one tomorrow, if they have them in stock. I'm curious if they kept the price around the same as the originals? That was one of the most appealing things to me, until I recently found out that I could get the MIL discount (some discounts only apply to active duty, not retiree's). Was pissed that I paid $499 plus tax for mine, after I found that out.
    IIRC they are about $20 more than the 1.0, at least at my dealer.. I bet you go look and come home with one lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    IIRC they are about $20 more than the 1.0, at least at my dealer.. I bet you go look and come home with one lol
    Have a 9mm, .40 and .45 FS, don't know what I would do with another one, but yeah, I'll have to tell my self...do not buy...do not buy...over and over, on way to store.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The grip is fantastic , trigger is a ton better then the original making it a step above crappy . At least it has a definitive reset unlike my original which felt like it was made of oatmeal .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    The grip is fantastic , trigger is a ton better then the original making it a step above crappy . At least it has a definitive reset unlike my original which felt like it was made of oatmeal .
    Actually, I like the grips on mine, as long as I use the small insert. Had them stippled. And I suppose if the trigger was still crappy, I'd have to fork over the cash for another APEX FSS (Which I don't know is available for the 2.0 yet or not. Since I'm happy with mine, I can't see replacing any of them with a 2.0).
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not owned or fired an "original" M&P, but have a little over 1K rounds downrange with the 2.0 now. I really like the grip, stippling, and the trigger. Can't compare it with originals, but if they do an FDE 2.0 5" in 45ACP I will get one. I am very pleased with the 2.0 I purchased. Only thing I did to mine was add Tru-Glo sights.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My distributor has the 45 but only in black and 4.5in

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I have not owned or fired an "original" M&P, but have a little over 1K rounds downrange with the 2.0 now. I really like the grip, stippling, and the trigger. Can't compare it with originals, but if they do an FDE 2.0 5" in 45ACP I will get one. I am very pleased with the 2.0 I purchased. Only thing I did to mine was add Tru-Glo sights.
    Jerry, if you can appreciate the factory trigger on an M&P, then S&W must have really brought out their big guns to do some R&D to fix them. I got my 9mm FS 1.5 years ago, and knew before I got it home that I would be buying an APEX FSS for it that evening based on the experience with my .40 and .45. I personally loved the ergonomics of the "1.0" guns, especially with the interchangeable grip inserts. Even the .45ACP fits me like a glove using the small insert. Something I could never do with the G21. Haven't tried one of the new Glocks with the interchangeable grip inserts, but the "old" G21 was a real bear for me to handle.

I also use TFO's. I really find the M&P a great pistol for my tastes. I think they would be a lot more popular, if earlier models would have come out with a half assed decent trigger.

I'd really like to try the 2.0, but I have a 9mm FS, .40FS and .45FS, and just can't talk myself into another right now.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT I have smaller hands and use the medium inserts on the m2.0. The new trigger does feel drastically better, far less creep with a cleaner brake. The m2.0 in my opinion is one of the better pistols for folks with smaller hands.
    flickr
    facebook