Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    It looks like its a good QD scope mount, and many people have owned one, only to find out that they don't hold on very well, nor hold their zero. I've not seen, nor used this mount, but it may be a god starting point if you want to put a scope on your rifle: Primary Arms. As Alamo stated, this is probably a value rig. It's not a QD, and if properly torqued, probably won't get loose. The quality stuff is from BoBro and American Defense MFG, but they are probably out of your price range.
    I'm kind of curious too. I've had mounts from about everyone, my favorite being BoBro, but I have a P.E.P.R. on my LR-10. Granted, it hasn't seen any real heavy use. Don't even remember where I got it, I think it was at the club as a door prize. But I happened to have it so I threw it on that rifle because it was new and I needed a scope mount. The only problem I've seen with it is it's heavier than heck, on a rifle that's already too heavy.

Had it off to sight MBUS's because I forgot to sight them in before I mounted the Burris. Put it back on and it was damn near perfect. No loosening, or hasn't become a projectile. Didn't know it was a piece of crap until you folks told me. It is big, but it's holding a big scope. So, it returns to zero, hasn't broke, stays on, doesn't come loose and returns as close to zero as one could expect for a "utility" rifle, so what calamity should I be holding my breath for, that hasn't yet happened?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I agree with BoilerUp and would go with a Holosun. One of the best red dots I've used for the price.

https://jet.com/product/detail/5f3e2...a-79b51df9b83e
    I think this was the one that PSA had bundled with 10 pmags the other day, wasn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know, I haven't been keeping up with PSA.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Don't know, I haven't been keeping up with PSA.
    My bad. It was the vortex sparc. Literally the only thing I look at from PSA is the daily deals. I don't think I'd ever buy a rifle from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm kind of curious too. I've had mounts from about everyone, my favorite being BoBro, but I have a P.E.P.R. on my LR-10. Granted, it hasn't seen any real heavy use. Don't even remember where I got it, I think it was at the club as a door prize. But I happened to have it so I threw it on that rifle because it was new and I needed a scope mount.
    I had this a while ago, and the RTZ was completely abysmal. Off the paper abysmal. I switched to a BoBro, and it was phenomenal. Too bad I also switch later to a 30mm tube, so I sold it, and a have a non QD mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Primary Arms MD-07 w/ mount sitting in a box that I'd sell you for $60 shipped. But if you want mag, just be patient, save for a couple of months, and grab a Vortex whatever.

Bottom line: There are deals out there, but go for patience and saving over instant gratification and cheap to get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I have a Primary Arms MD-07 w/ mount sitting in a box that I'd sell you for $60 shipped. But if you want mag, just be patient, save for a couple of months, and grab a Vortex whatever.

Bottom line: There are deals out there, but go for patience and saving over instant gratification and cheap to get what you want.
    There you go, Poimen. He's handing you a deal with the sight and a mount. If you've got 60 bucks in your back pocket, jump on it and shoot it until you can save enough coin to get a nice 1X6 or what ever magnification you were looking for. That's about half the price of a high end mount, as you'll find when your budget allows you to move up a few notches and get a really nice optic with magnification.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not for the OP but everyone else:

If you have ever had to wait for a product...sometimes two, sometimes, three paychecks until you could get the 'right thing' please raise your hand.

***RAISES HAND***

Now I really would like to second this advice given from gator to the OP. Don't get in a hurry. Make educated choices. Some people take a year (or more) to finish building out a rifle.

You can ask just about anyone and everyone here... I drove people nuts asking questions about stuff before I would buy things. Now I have a slightly better handle on it but there is still a whole lot to be learned.

Unless it's a known item on some kind of a flash sale or something resist the urge to impulse buy 'just to get something' just for the sake of thinking your rifle will be 'done' after buying said wigit.

We aren't trying to steer you wrong at all. The fact of the matter is products must meet a certain level of quality just by nature of what this sport/activity/profession entails.

You wouldn't buy a football where the air drains out of it after a few tackles would you? And neither should you buy cheap gun parts that won't hold up over time or cannot do their job as they should. It does mean a bit more money, but in the end it will pay off to not scrimp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo is long winded today...lol

Did someone say PEPR ....lmao...id opt for the aero mount over it any day..

For not much more I'd look at the Cortex sparc ar, I've seen them as low as a $130 on sale.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh man. That's super tempting. But I think at this point I'm going to listen to the advice given and just buckle down and save for something with some magnification...gonna take this time to get used to my rifle, and go from there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Alamo is long winded today...lol
    Today?! HAHAA!

You should probably say 'most of the time' LOL!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    Oh man. That's super tempting. But I think at this point I'm going to listen to the advice given and just buckle down and save for something with some magnification...gonna take this time to get used to my rifle, and go from there.

Before you turn down the deal it might be worth a discussion about HOW you shoot. Don't set your heart on getting a magnified optic just yet

There is a whole other discussion that you're not having (but should).

How far is the farthest you will shoot?
    Do you like shooting prone or from a bipod or some other kind of rest?
    Are you going to be shooting off the shelf ammo 90+% of the time?
    Do you primarily shoot while standing and/or moving around?
    Are you concerned with shooting 'groups' or are you more like 'I hit the target so I'm good' kind of shooter?

Personally I think a red dot might be a lot better fit for you and your rifle but naturally that depends on how you plan to use your rifle.

Getting the right tool for the job is more important.

Ask yourself honestly how you came to the conclusion you need or want a scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    Remember there are almost always sales prior to most holidays, especially Memorial, Independence, and Veterans Day. Many 20% - 25%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Before you turn down the deal it might be worth a discussion about HOW you shoot. Don't set your heart on getting a magnified optic just yet

There is a whole other discussion that you're not having (but should).

How far is the farthest you will shoot?
    Do you like shooting prone or from a bipod or some other kind of rest?
    Are you going to be shooting off the shelf ammo 90+% of the time?
    Do you primarily shoot while standing and/or moving around?
    Are you concerned with shooting 'groups' or are you more like 'I hit the target so I'm good' kind of shooter?

Personally I think a red dot might be a lot better fit for you and your rifle but naturally that depends on how you plan to use your rifle.
    Haha it's good so many people have so many thoughts about what would be best based on my one trip to a 20 yard range.

Being new to the scene, I thought I'd try my hand at everything to see what I like the best. I have access to plenty of land that I can stretch my legs with...about 150 yards...give or take. There, id probably shoot prone or at a table. I'm also contemplating setting up a makeshift 3 gun course, to see if I'm any good at that. I don't want to rule anything out, is all I'm saying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Remember there are almost always sales prior to most holidays, especially Memorial, Independence, and Veterans Day. Many 20% - 25%.
    Good point.