Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    Haha it's good so many people have so many thoughts about what would be best based on my one trip to a 20 yard range.

Being new to the scene, I thought I'd try my hand at everything to see what I like the best. I have access to plenty of land that I can stretch my legs with...about 150 yards...give or take. There, id probably shoot prone or at a table. I'm also contemplating setting up a makeshift 3 gun course, to see if I'm any good at that. I don't want to rule anything out, is all I'm saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There you go. I was just saying to think it through about purpose. There is a role for everything. Some things you just have to try it out. Trial is a really good teacher.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't get to shoot often, I wouldn't wrap up a bunch of money in an optic. I'd get a decent budget red dot like a Holosun, and spend the rest on ammo. Nice optics are not worth much if you sacrifice your ammo fund, unless you just want to stare at it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    Haha it's good so many people have so many thoughts about what would be best based on my one trip to a 20 yard range.

Being new to the scene, I thought I'd try my hand at everything to see what I like the best. I have access to plenty of land that I can stretch my legs with...about 150 yards...give or take. There, id probably shoot prone or at a table. I'm also contemplating setting up a makeshift 3 gun course, to see if I'm any good at that. I don't want to rule anything out, is all I'm saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're up to building a 3 gun course, then why are you asking us for a specific optic? Not trying to be a dick, but if you're that advanced, why are you asking about quality optics? Surely you wouldn't be an ass kicking hard core 3 gun course competitor, then ask about cheap optics?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd skip the 3 gun idea yet and just get some trigger time in.

Don't forget to stock up on ammo and mags as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd buy that Vortex Strike Eagle.