Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'll be interested to hear how the gas system works for you. The 16" 308 that I had all the gas issues with was a RA barrel, so hopefully you won't have the same issue. If you do, at least I can give you a recommendation on a band-aid fix.
    Well hopefully I don't need to ask you. I'll report back after this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am excited to hear a range report. I have been wanting to build a rifle just like this for quite some time.

Any plans to suppress that sucker?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am excited to hear a range report. I have been wanting to build a rifle just like this for quite some time.

Any plans to suppress that sucker?
    I keep saying it.... some day

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I keep saying it.... some day

I was just on Silencer Shops site and for a .22 can, another Recce 5, and a Recce 7 the sum total tax and all is less than $2500 bucks for all three. Plus I would get $400 in online store credit from Griffin too.

Hopefully before I leave to move overseas I can take care of all that. Financially if nothing big comes up I might be able to pull it off in a month from now.

I don't even have a .308 except for an AK which I won't be suppressing. A gun like you built though.... man... that's on my dream list. You can easily take that thing out past 800 yards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another question... maybe I missed it, but what kind of BCG did you pick?

When I was contemplating starting a .308 build this is one part that I found limited choices on.

Downloads
    Uploads

When I was contemplating starting a .308 build this is one part that I found limited choices on.
    I went with an AIM Nickel Boron. I can keep the thread updated with how things are going.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, that thing turned out great pyzik. Wish I was closer I'd ask to come hang and shoot that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Especially with that 3 port brake.
    I was on the line next to a Lantac Dragon last weekend, and the guy's first shot blew my hat off my head, and after that, I was getting showered with paint flakes coming off one of the support columns nearby

Sorry.........

As, I just shot that green rifle I posted lately with the Lantac on it, first time I've had one or anything similar...lol..sucker is rowdy and loud...I can only imagine when I hit the actually range what kind of friends I acquire...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking rifle. Having not owning anything CMT they really make some really good eye candy.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    Nice looking rifle. Having not owning anything CMT they really make some really good eye candy.
    Tom, you should remedy that right away!

I like CMT Stuff. It's amazing to see how fast and far they've grown since introducing their original receiver set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Tom, you should remedy that right away!

I like CMT Stuff. It's amazing to see how fast and far they've grown since introducing their original receiver set.
    Yeah I know. I've got my anniversary themed builds I'm working on now for my wife's and mine anniversary. I may need to put some CMT into them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Alamo, there's a lot more choices now than there has been. just depends on how much you wanna spend. Aim has 2 choices, Lantac, Rainier, Faxon (I have one in my 308), Aero, and some others.

Well hopefully I don't need to ask you. I'll report back after this weekend.

DP, hope you got a chance to make it out to the range this weekend. Interested on hearing how it did.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    Alamo, there's a lot more choices now than there has been. just depends on how much you wanna spend. Aim has 2 choices, Lantac, Rainier, Faxon (I have one in my 308), Aero, and some others.

DP, hope you got a chance to make it out to the range this weekend. Interested on hearing how it did.
    I did but there were so many other toys I barely shot my guns. In fact only put a box of ammo through this and one box through my Saiga.

The rifle seemed like it was under gassed. Brass wasn't being ejected very far at all and I had one failure to eject (stove pipe).

I'll be hitting the range again as soon as I can.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me getting a few shots in.

CMT 308 by Damage Photos, on Flickr

Here is Matt (EverydayCivilian) doing the same.

CMT 308 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The rifle seemed like it was under gassed. Brass wasn't being ejected very far at all and I had one failure to eject (stove pipe).
    I hope I'm wrong, but looking at your pics, and hearing what you're saying, it sounds like the gun is over-gassed, just like mine. Will be interested to hear what you say after you shoot it some more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What buffer tube/ spring and weight buffer you running here David?