Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    What buffer tube/ spring and weight buffer you running here David?
    Carbine buffer with a standard spring and AR10 CAR 3.8 oz buffer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Carbine buffer with a standard spring and AR10 CAR 3.8 oz buffer

I'm assuming it's Armalite style receiver extension and spring/buffer combo.

From what I used and read it should be the most reliable and smoothest buffer system for a 308 carbine.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    I'm assuming it's Armalite style receiver extension and spring/buffer combo.

From what I used and read it should be the most reliable and smoothest buffer system for a 308 carbine.
    Yep, it's an AR10 extension and buffer, ect.

It may have just needed more lube. I'll be hitting the range again here soon. Probably not this weekend but the weekend after.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on , just didn't see it listed.

Probably just fine, first time out, maybe some weak ammo , lube it up and shoot it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds overgassed to me, too. You want an A5 length receiver extension (which it sounds like you have), rifle length spring, and most likely an H3 buffer.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Sounds overgassed to me, too. You want an A5 length receiver extension (which it sounds like you have), rifle length spring, and most likely an H3 buffer.
    Just double checked exactly what I have. It's a standard AR tube and spring with a CAR-10 buffer.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just double checked exactly what I have. It's a standard AR tube and spring with a CAR-10 buffer.

I ran that setup initially, as well, and it wasn't anywhere near enough. The A5 helped a little, but was still a band-aid fix.

Sorry for continuing to be a Debbie-Downer, I know you need to go shoot it some more before diagnosing anything. For me, I'm generally interested if I got a lemon or if yours indicates that's just how they're built.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I ran that setup initially, as well, and it wasn't anywhere near enough. The A5 helped a little, but was still a band-aid fix.

Sorry for continuing to be a Debbie-Downer, I know you need to go shoot it some more before diagnosing anything. For me, I'm generally interested if I got a lemon or if yours indicates that's just how they're built.
    Well good to know. I doubt I'll make the range this week or weekend.

Maybe next week. I have a shoot with some friends coming up again at the beginning of next month so I have that coming up at least.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

A car10 buffer is an H3 cut down in length and drops a tungsten weight, so it's lighter than an H2. Way too light for a 308, unless it's one of Slash's.

I would definitely switch out the extension to an A5 length and use an H3 (not A5H3) with an armalite ea1095 spring. The one photo of ejection shows the bolt going forward before the case has barely cleared the port. It's cycling way too fast.
    Last edited by Slippers; 21 June 2017 at 06:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slippers, which A5 receiver do you recommend. I was going to go with a Vltor branded one but there's two different ones the re-10A5-SR and the just plain A5 receiver extension. Or do you have another recommendation?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Slippers, which A5 receiver do you recommend. I was going to go with a Vltor branded one but there's two different ones the re-10A5-SR and the just plain A5 receiver extension. Or do you have another recommendation?
    I have a couple made by Vltor but now prefer the BCM A5 extensions because they are machined much nicer, without any sharp edges.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple made by Vltor but now prefer the BCM A5 extensions because they are machined much nicer, without any sharp edges.
    And they're available, so get the BCM A5 with the Armalite Spring (part #EA1095) and an H3 buffer... Or I've seen Springco red spring... Or would you recommend Slashs buffer? Sorry trying to compile all info in one post. I researched and couldnt find a simple, well informed post with everything

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    And they're available, so get the BCM A5 with the Armalite Spring (part #EA1095) and an H3 buffer... Or I've seen Springco red spring... Or would you recommend Slashs buffer? Sorry trying to compile all info in one post. I researched and couldnt find a simple, well informed post with everything
    I've used the slash XH but didn't notice any difference whatsoever in my LMT MWS. I sold it and stick to the H3. The Slash buffer is also criminally expensive. I don't like sprinco springs.

BCM A5 extension, H3 buffer and a $6 EA1095 spring will do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used the slash XH but didn't notice any difference whatsoever in my LMT MWS. I sold it and stick to the H3. The Slash buffer is also criminally expensive. I don't like sprinco springs.

Guess, I'll make the change as well

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

So much searching and research and this thread is all I ever needed. Thank you, I hope others can benefit from this information too...