Decided to put some of my thoughts in an article...

I ran my G19L with a Unity Tactical Atom slide, with an Aimpoint T1 2MOA, at an AMTAC Integrated Combatives class last weekend and a few old lessons became very obvious to me, and I wanted to share them. An AAR will be coming of an AMTAC Integrated Combatives class soon.

During the first parts of the class we shot at close range, 7 yards and in for a variety of drills, this was not a pistol class, rather a combatives class which covers pistol application as a tool. Both days had similar weather which consisted of bright sunshine. I turned the T1 brightness to be compatible with the conditions and ended up around the 10 setting (10 out of 12) which worked for the first day's shooting. When we got to the end of the second day, we all ran the Stress Course, which included various stress-inducing tasks, the shooting portion consisted of several differently sized B-C Steel targets which had to be hit in order to move forward in the stress course. Starting distance was around 35 yards and it gained in distance to around 43-47 yards, second set of targets were between 20-30 yards, then there were several targets as you got closer.
Link to full article -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/06/optic-m...ncepts-in.html