Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, more times than not its a combination of issues. ETA: Just noticed the pics above of the gouged rounds, sure enough. I would pull the barrel and fix that up. Or if its new send it back for a replacement.
    Last edited by Stone; 21 June 2017 at 19:09.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I put this together for folks that skim through threads and just land on the last page, enjoy...

This:
    Name:  IMG_0773_zpsh750y2cj.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  107.4 KB
    Plus this:
    Name:  IMG_0762_zpsgx3hhwzy.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  85.7 KB
    Equals this:
    Name:  IMG_0744_zpssvtznab7.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  144.0 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone, thanks for the enhanced pics post!

For those with long memories, I sent a barrel back to Ballistic Advantage because it wouldn't hold 1 MOA. They replaced that barrel with an upgraded one (Hanson) and when they mailed everything back, they included the old barrel as well. I used that "free" barrel to build this iron sights only rifle. Of course it has no warranty now, so I'll be pulling the barrel myself if I see any burrs there. I'm thinking it may just be glare from my crappy iPhone pics in bad lighting.

I'll try to get my wife to take some better pics with her nicer camera, or better yet, one of the crime scene techs at work! One of them has been bugging me for a new camera, so maybe he can "earn" it by being my photographer. Actually, he does have an old camera and is in need of a new one, he just hasn't gotten me the price quotes I asked him to get me back in January.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright! I should be in bed, but I had to get up and pull the rifle out if the safe again. Sure enouh, those are burrs that Stone pointed out. Thanks Stone!!

I'm guessing just pull the barrel and gently remove the burrs with a needle file?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the issue is at the bottom of the feed ramps at the interface with the upper. I'd touch it up with a needle file since it's a jacked up barrel anyway.

Damn good chance the tolerance stacking was less with the other upper and although it was functioning it was still damaging the bullets and causing your inaccuracy issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I put this together for folks that skim through threads and just land on the last page, enjoy...

I'm usually I pretty damn good skimmer. I try not to be that one guy. Lol but we all know there is always that one guy.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    but we all know there is always that one guy.
    ...we do......

Ok so had to go back and watch the video, the rounds are getting hung up so bad it's stopping in this lower?

Does it do the same in a different lower?

I'd try Grabning a known good rifle check out the ramps/how it looks and then just swap out that bcg into this upper and see what it does, then the lower?

I mean chambering a round is gonna scratch it up some.. But something isn't kosher there.keep us posted
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 22 June 2017 at 17:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    Alright! I should be in bed, but I had to get up and pull the rifle out if the safe again. Sure enouh, those are burrs that Stone pointed out. Thanks Stone!!

I'm guessing just pull the barrel and gently remove the burrs with a needle file?
    Yep, that's what I did. Take your time with it and try not to let the steel shavings fall down the bore. Give it a deep clean afterwards and use some Flitz and a polishing wheel. Like the other guys mentioned there may be another issue or two as well. So once you solve this one keep your expectations in check. When you put it back together lube it up real good, initially, more is better...

@Big Tom, all in good fun buddy!
    Last edited by Stone; 22 June 2017 at 04:36.

Downloads
    Uploads

Seems to be fixed!

I just pulled the barrel, filed a small bit with a needle file, then sanded with fine grit sandpaper and put her back together.

Upon hand cycling, I had no issues out of any mags (Troy, Pmag, Lancer, factory metal). I then took the four mags to the range and test fired the rifle. For the first 10-15 I held the bolt lock back down and chambered each round by pressing the bolt release. I had ONE failure to fully chamber. The was stripped from the mag and fed into the chamber, but the bolt did not fully close. This was at round count ~100 on a completely dry supressed gun. I may still have a small but of excessive friction in the ramp area, but it should smooth out with shooting and lube.

Thanks for the help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you got her dialed in!