Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be a tolerance issue, even with reliable, well regarded parts. I've had an enhanced bcg barely move in a billet upper, swapped it to a forged one and it hand cycles easily, even dry.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The feed ramps would be my next thing to look at.

The upper and barrel extension may not line up as good as they should.

A little dremel time would fix that if so. Or just some good ol sand paper and a finger job.

Can you get a pic of the feed ramps with the upper detached from lower. Get them from the bottom where the mag would be.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Could be a tolerance issue, even with reliable, well regarded parts. I've had an enhanced bcg barely move in a billet upper, swapped it to a forged one and it hand cycles easily, even dry.
    You're probably right, tolerance stacking is probably it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You're probably right, tolerance stacking is probably it.
    Of in his case, matching, +/- a RCH.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On second thought I would just keep swapping parts at random until someday something happens. And whatever you do don't check the feed ramps. Take a few more videos as well, I thoroughly enjoyed them.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    The feed ramps would be my next thing to look at.

The upper and barrel extension may not line up as good as they should.

A little dremel time would fix that if so. Or just some good ol sand paper and a finger job.

Can you get a pic of the feed ramps with the upper detached from lower. Get them from the bottom where the mag would be.
    Thanks Tom, seeing as how that was mentioned several times already maybe a third times a charm.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Thanks Tom, seeing as how that was mentioned several times already maybe a third times a charm.
    LOL.... and... a dremel to feed ramps?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Sometimes I just want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp pencil....

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been recommended to me to use a Cratex polishing bit to blend the feed ramps with the barrel extension. Last ditch effort attempt. However, before you do that, have you swapped out the bolt catch? Could the carrier be riding it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I've been away for a while. Work has me swamped.

Here's a pic of the feed ramps. They look OK to me, but I'm no armorer. Edit: I looked at several bullets that I've been chambering. They're buggered. So I guess the feed lips ain't so OK after all?

Last edited by tappedandtagged; 21 June 2017 at 18:48.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes I just want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp pencil....
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Yeah I know I just wanted to see if y'all actually read my post. And I skimmed the thread seeing if any thing wasn't mentioned. Guess I looked over the parts about checking feed ramps. And I just like throwing my 1cent around.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I swapped buffer, springs and charging habdle again, just to double check. No go still. After it failed to strip the round, Inpulled the charging handle back again and "hammered" the partially stripped round. It went forward, free of the mag lips, yet the bolt stayed hung up. I removed the mag, and the bolt went home, chambering a round. I was able to duplicate this several times with different mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    Yeah I know I just wanted to see if y'all actually read my post. And I skimmed the thread seeing if any thing wasn't mentioned. Guess I looked over the parts about checking feed ramps. And I just like throwing my 1cent around.
    I appreciate your 1 cent! Thanks for your input. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this put soon enough. Its been on the "back burner" for too long.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    I appreciate your 1 cent! Thanks for your input. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this put soon enough. Its been on the "back burner" for too long.
    Anytime I know how much of a headache it can be when you can figure out the issue. I like to giving people a good chuckle a time and again. Lol

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, just having a little fun. It looks like there are a couple of burrs on the feed ramps from machining. If it is, it will dig into the copper jacket and stop the round dead in its tracks which is what it looks like from the original picture. I just resolved the same issue on one of my rifles at 3K rounds, it was bad and doing the same thing. I circled the area that looks suspect, any way to get a clearer shot? Are the bullets gouged real bad? Are you seeing excessive copper and brass shavings?
    Name:  IMG_0762_zpsgx3hhwzy.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  122.2 KB