Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

.625 Muzzle Device help

Hi guys and gals

I'm currently working on a couple of special builds. I'm wanting to make them both light and compact as possible. So I going to go with a Faxon GUNNER 14.5" barrel and have the muzzle device pinned and welded.

I would really like to find a MD that is no bigger than .625 thick. So I can remove the FSB and handguard without having to remove the MD.

The smallest one found so far is the CMT 556 ZCOMP and which is .632

Any help would much appreciated and thanks before hand.

Tom
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few years ago I recall that they used to make a .750 diameter muzzle device so you could remove the gas block without having to take off the muzzle device.

I doubt there is enough material to do a .625

Not sure where you got the ZCOMP is .623, it's definitely much larger than that.
    Name:  5S3A4442.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  532.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Evintos View Post
    Well shit, there you go. I was wrong, they do have .625 options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    A few years ago I recall that they used to make a .750 diameter muzzle device so you could remove the gas block without having to take off the muzzle device.

I doubt there is enough material to do a .625

Not sure where you got the ZCOMP is .623, it's definitely much larger than that.
    Name:  5S3A4442.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  532.7 KB
    This is the one I was talking about dont know what I read.

Name:  CFC556-4-800x800.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  44.3 KB
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    This is the one I was talking about dont know what I read.
    Yeah for some reason their site lists both as the ZCOMP, just refers to the larger one that UWone was referencing as the Linear ZCOMP.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Evintos View Post
    I knew they had them but didnt realize they were smaller than .625

This maybe the route I take. Ill have to see where the Google rabbit hole takes me.

thanks

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads

.625 Muzzle Device help

If I were gonna go the 14.5" route and not want to be tied to 1 rail(barrel nut) and Muzzle device for good I'd look at what was posted above from Faxon. It's exactly what you're looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    If I were gonna go the 14.5" route and not want to be tied to 1 rail(barrel nut) and Muzzle device for good I'd look at what was posted above from Faxon. It's exactly what you're looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not really the fact I want to be able to change the rail. But one of these builds will need the barrel assembly including fsb and md cerakoted. So thats kind of the dilemma. I would like to have the pin and weld done before cerakoting.

I figured the cerakoting where the pin and weld took place wouldnt fair well if done after it was applied. If it would then ill just stick with a normal md.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post

Yes that would be a option but the time frame these builds need to be completed by and atf's speedy lead time dont make it so. I plan on doing it for a 300blk build I want to do in the future so I may just go ahead and get the ball rolling at least.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading over the thread, BT, I'm not sure what you're ultimately trying to do. But you can have the cerakote and pinning done in one shop, if that's what you are after.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Reading over the thread, BT, I'm not sure what you're ultimately trying to do. But you can have the cerakote and pinning done in one shop, if that's what you are after.

Sorry it's kinda confusing I know. So here's the shorthand version.

I can have the pin and weld done locally for nothing (Guy owes me a favor or two). I'm trying to make it easy for the cerakote guy so all he has to do is Cerakote parts and not worry about having to assemble or disassemble parts. I then get parts back and slap them together.

That's pretty much it.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    My best recommendation is to have it done in the same shop. For example, Axlnut can silver solder the muzzle device for cheap (compared to pin/weld) and make sure it's all painted and installed in the right order.

I'd reach out to him unless you are set in using a different painter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    My best recommendation is to have it done in the same shop. For example, Axlnut can silver solder the muzzle device for cheap (compared to pin/weld) and make sure it's all painted and installed in the right order.

I'd reach out to him unless you are set in using a different painter.
    I had a couple different painters in mind to use. The cost factor is going to be the biggest factor on who I use. Both guns will get painted but only one needs the barrel assembly painted. I still lack a few more parts to purchase before Im ready for paint.

Then again looking at barrel specs I may go with the Faxon 14.5" Socom barrel its only 1.50lbs and the Gunner is 1.20lbs. I doubt that 5oz will matter that much.

So since the CMT combat comp is small enough to have permanently attached and wont interfere with fsb install.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9