Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I'm really not interested in swapping bolt carriers or going to an adjustable gas system because it just plain works as is.
    Another idea to think on... I don't know anyone else's experience, but here is mine...

Your rifle can be tuned to work perfectly non suppressed, but add a suppressor and it can change the 'tuning' of it. I went through several iterations to be able to have a rifle that will run suppressed and unsuppressed both.

I ended up having to use a extra power spring and a heavier buffer which allowed me to find that zone where both work. I do run an adjustable block but that's just me. I shoot suppressed 95% of the time but I also did extensive testing and tuning to make sure it will run both ways should the need arise. It's not directly applicable to gas face or charging handles but I felt it worth the mention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Another idea to think on... I don't know anyone else's experience, but here is mine...

Your rifle can be tuned to work perfectly non suppressed, but add a suppressor and it can change the 'tuning' of it. I went through several iterations to be able to have a rifle that will run suppressed and unsuppressed both.

I ended up having to use a extra power spring and a heavier buffer which allowed me to find that zone where both work. I do run an adjustable block but that's just me. I shoot suppressed 95% of the time but I also did extensive testing and tuning to make sure it will run both ways should the need arise. It's not directly applicable to gas face or charging handles but I felt it worth the mention.
    But that was the whole point of my first post. If you start with a properly gassed barrel from the beginning, you eliminate all of the doodads (which equals additional money) and time wasted tuning to make it work AND you eliminate the issue of gas venting into the face.

If guys want to buy devices to combat an already existing condition, I get it. And many of those devices work very well. But what seems to have been missed when I initially posted is, if starting from scratch, it doesn't really matter what charging handle/carrier/suppressor/whatever you're using as long as you begin with a barrel that is built to match whatever ammo load you intend to use.

$99 barrels on sale are great, but there is a potential (but not a guarantee) that the $99 barrel will require additional monies to make it "more better" to run, given whatever one's needs are.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc View Post
    Does nothing to reduce gas to face and costs more than a normal raptor.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc View Post
    Great in theory, but where do you think the gas goes?

Raptors are still one of the best charging handles on the market, especially now with the LT. I'd still buy raptors, but not for gas mitigation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Great in theory, but where do you think the gas goes?

Raptors are still one of the best charging handles on the market, especially now with the LT. I'd still buy raptors, but not for gas mitigation.
    The LT? The what?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, the poly one. Thanks I'm new here.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Ah, the poly one. Thanks I'm new here.
    Hahahaha. Welcome Aragorn!

Handle them at TRIGGRCON. Already told Nick I wanted to order some. I like the feel of them and the lower price. I think they will do very well. They also dropped the price of the regular Raptor to $79.99. With sales, I suspect you'll see them in the Mid $60's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hahahaha. Welcome Aragorn!

Handle them at TRIGGRCON. Already told Nick I wanted to order some. I like the feel of them and the lower price. I think they will do very well. They also dropped the price of the regular Raptor to $79.99. With sales, I suspect you'll see them in the Mid $60's.
    Is that because of the market, or increased capacity?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Is that because of the market, or increased capacity?
    I don't know.

I would guess market. When Rainier was involved in the distribution of the Raptor, I believe the price was 89.99 from what I recall. When AXTS/Radian went to do it alone, the price went up to $99.99 - $120 depending on cerakote/color options.

Now it's back down to $79.99 with a $59.99 LT Option. I would also guess that by now they recouped their R&D money as well as got better and more efficient at making them.